Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: List yer '04 engine fixes  (Read 2803 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: List yer '04 engine fixes
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 03:59:28 PM »

Garz,

Jim brings his dyno down to tampa harley, crystal river, ocala, and he stores it at Clermont Harley frequently when they are not offering rider ed courses.  He is located about 6 miles west of highway 27 and highway 50.    You can go to his website at www.braggingrightsmobiledyno.com   He is a certified harley mechanic and does specialize in the racetuner.  I have spent many hours with him tuning bikes such as the Zippers 575 cam testing he is the guy I did this with.  I believe he has tuned BLM's bike and a few others on the site here as well.  

I also think this was my 1000 post hehe.  cheap plug .. cya in MV ... <reference made>  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 09:00:35 PM »

Garz,

Jim brings his dyno down to tampa harley, crystal river, ocala, and he stores it at Clermont Harley frequently when they are not offering rider ed courses.  He is located about 6 miles west of highway 27 and highway 50.    You can go to his website at www.braggingrightsmobiledyno.com   He is a certified harley mechanic and does specialize in the racetuner.  I have spent many hours with him tuning bikes such as the Zippers 575 cam testing he is the guy I did this with.  I believe he has tuned BLM's bike and a few others on the site here as well.  

I also think this was my 1000 post hehe.  cheap plug .. cya in MV ... <reference made>  

OK, first and most important... [size=16]Congratulations on yer 1,000th post, Harry![/size][/color]  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]And ya did it on my thread... that's cool! (bragging rights)

Next, it was you who gave me the confidence to screw with the SERT in the first place... Thanks!

Next, Jim sounds like a person I'll have to locate and use. Thanks for the info!

Finally, thanks for the MV reference, Buddy! Rub it in if ya will, but I'm sittin' here polishing my OFFICIAL MV Eastern Gathering pin, which you ain't even SEEN yet. How 'bout them apples? [smiley=sauer019.gif]

;)
Bike is still at the dealer...no phone calls, no nothin'. Sittin' and waitin'.  Maybe I'll call 'em tomorrow to check on progress.  
Just a BTW on how the Naples shop is changing for the better... when I ran into the GM at the parade site Sunday, he offered to 'swap' bikes with me... (his 'dealer demo' is a customized '06 FHLX w/95, 2-1, Stage 1).  I declined because I didn't want him to be without his ride. He rides to the store almost every day. Mine sits in the garage during the week anyway.

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 09:47:37 PM »

Got it back from the 'dyno' (try #3).  "New" map: Less HP, less TQ, still have herky-jerky; can't ride 2,100 rpm in second gear in my neighborhood.
Screw it.  Probably just mess with the SERT myself. What can it hurt?
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »

Jerry that dyno tuner that Naples uses is Cycle Rama in the St.Pete area I believe.

Bigdog

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »

Got it back from the 'dyno' (try #3).
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 04:39:56 PM »

Garz
I had a similar problem on my 04 SE. Turned out to be the temp sensor.It was covererd under the 5 year emmissions warranty. Note 5 year emmissions warranty!!!
regards
Pete
Regards,Fla Eagle

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »

Update to my previous post:  Many seem to think the CVO's came with the new style injectors (25
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 12:56:37 AM »

Garz,

Did you get a copy of the map this time?  If not go get one.  I am not at home so I cant remember if i gave you a map to try or not.   Let me know, because if you have the map that is in the bike now you can easily try one or 2 that I have and see if the bike runs any different.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »

Bigdog, yer right...Cycle Rama's the place. Talked with Don in Naples and he wants to see if they can send it up there. (It's been done 3 times at Ft Myers) :P

Jerry, I was gonna put the laptop in my saddlebag and adjust on the go... but that sounds like a recipe for disaster... Especially since the laptop isn't mine.  ::)

Fla_Eagle... see?! That's why I wanted service dept to check for that stuff FIRST!  Boy, would that pizz me off if the problem turned out to be the temp sensor. >:(  Thanks for your input... gives me a little more ammunition.

Jerry, I mentioned the injectors in my notes to the service dept, thinking they might check that, but I got no word that they looked at anything...but, they didn't charge me, either.

Harry, no, I didn't get a copy of the dyno map... didn't think to put a disc in the saddlebag when I dropped it off. And, I had no idea they'd be taking it up for the tune so fast... I thought maybe they'd call me with SOME words of what they found or didn't find ("Hey Jerry, we found a dead rat in yer throttle body") before running it back up to FT Myers.  I haven't received any maps from you, but I appreciate the offer.  

I'll see what the dealer plans to do next. I found out my bike was the topic of their manager's meeting recently. My mileage this weekend was 35.9, mixed hiway/surface. Meanwhile, wife gets 44.3.

Thanks for all your input, guys! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Stay tuned for more exciting episodes of As the [smiley=pumpkin.gif] Turns![/color]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 21 queries.