Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT Download for '07's  (Read 1642 times)

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
SERT Download for '07's
« on: October 02, 2006, 07:00:57 PM »

This SERT map is available on the new disc:

Calibration # 84: 2007 Touring Exhaust with O2 Sensors
Configuration: 1800 SE A/C & Race Exhaust
File Name:S159MV002-A0.MT6
Components:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:44:07 PM by Flying_Ace »
CVO Limited

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: SERT Download for '07's
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:49:46 PM »

Not enough information really to answer you.

Which motor do have? is it a 110?   If it is a 96 I wouldnt do it as the displacement is for the 110 engine

Is your bike an '07 with a 110" with 02 sensors, if so did you have someone weld the bungs onto your true dual pipes as VH hasn't released their version yet and it isnt expected till late spring?

I was told and I have not yet lived it so, I will pass it on as hearsay....   The o2 sensors (narrow band) that come on the bike with the semi closed loop system are supposed to be able to handle mild changes without the need of a download or tune.  

You were supposed to be able to add slip ons and open air cleaner and the system was supposed to be able to adjust to it.  Such as the SE Air Filter and Sreaming Eagle slip ons.

Is it optimal I dunno that is a question for someone that has already walked that path or has had the bike on the dyno to give A/F numbers.  Hopefully someone here has already done this and can pass on what they have found / learned.

Granted if it were me and I did it I can tell you that no matter what anyone said I would pay for a diagnostic run with a Sniffer before I would satisfied, but that is just me.

I was also told that if your bike is an 07 that if you place the race tuner on the bike when the HD service guy hooks up his computer to your bike he will download that you have a race tuner on the bike as it is "supposed" to flip a switch and Moco is then aware of the application and its been said .. not proven so dont shoot me ... that they will not honor the warranty with race application situations.   Hell they look for reasons on stock bikes not to warranty stuff I can only imagine how much harsher it is going to get with them and the EPA.

I have been considering this for a long time now and havent decided if its something I want to test the resolve of.   But better fore warned than walking blindly.  

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:02:54 PM »

Unbalanced,

Thanks for the input!

Here's some answers to your questions:

It's a new '07 with the 110 motor.
CVO Limited

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »

Flying,

I have spoken now to 3 people that have done all but the header pipes that you would like to consider and they have not needed to change the map.  In fact 2 of them have said that the bike runs better and the pipes are definately not running as hot as they were.   I don't know of anyone that is running the header pipes as well as the mufflers to give you an answer.   What I personally would do is not install the race tuner .. Install the pipes bring the bike down to the dyno for a sniffer run if this is what your dead set on then if you are running too lean for the system to handle it I would make the choice of No headers or race tuner or Thundermax...

The reason I would suggest the thundermax is you can always pull it off to bring the bike for work and put your stock ecm back in.   It gives the auto tunability and leaves you the option of not voiding your warranty.  While I realize you have already spent the money on the race tuner I would suggest that you consider selling it.

Until we really know for sure how the Moco is going to react to the race tuner being installed on 07 bikes I would not take the chance of possibly voiding my warranty.   Unless of course you can get the dealer who tunes it to put in WRITING that they will still warranty your bike since they did the tuning.

I think if you take this approach you will be less likely to get screwed in the end.   If the dealer isnt willing to put it in writing then I would be very cautious.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

I have been using the #84 map for about a month now and it is a definite upgrade from the stock map that caused my bike to stall and hiccup on two occasions. Since I changed the map, exhaust, and air cleaner the bike has been running great. I do get some backfiring that needs to be eliminated with some tweaking but otherwise this map seems really good overall.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:53:23 AM »

ACE:

IMO, since your now running dual exhaust, I would try this one for comparison:

Calibration # 74: 2007 Shotgun / Shorty Dual Exhaust with O2 Sensors
File Name: S159PQ004-A0.MT6
Components:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »

ACE:

IMO, since your now running dual exhaust, I would try this one for comparison:

Calibration # 74: 2007 Shotgun / Shorty Dual Exhaust with O2 Sensors
File Name: S159PQ004-A0.MT6
Components:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 05:29:04 PM »

Maybe I will give this map a try when I get the tru dual system installed next month.

What type of mufflers did you change to?

Rhino

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »

Forgive my ignorance, but since a few companies, specifically Thunder and the Auto Tuner is available, why would anyone want anything but a completely automatic system that would challenge a manual tuner?  I do have some info, but it did change me in directions from the SERT to computer wizardry automation kinda thinkin. Any techos willing to make the compare?  Thanks, I appreciate it, I am makin a huge investment, and another one soon to make my Jstr purr.

Rhino

Rhino

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 09:45:33 PM »

Anyone?

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.