Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fatshotz!  (Read 1020 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Fatshotz!
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »

Love 'em.  I picked up a pair from the classifieds on another forum, and got the tuning kit from Supertrapp.  With 14 discs and a closed end cap, I'm quieter than stock at idle and cruise.  I get no loud overrun when engine braking, and they've got a nice, deep roar when I'm on it.  Very ear-friendly, even with a Jackpot converterless head pipe.  I may be giving up a bit at the top end, but the low end where I spend most of the time is stellar, and I'm not blowing out my ears or pissing the neighbors off.

And I've got an EPA stamp if anyone looks.  I know it's not the way they're tested, but with a db meter on my phone, I measure 82db standing 20 ft. back and 10 feet to the side. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Fatshotz!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »

I've got the Supertrapp's with 8 discs and the open end cap, Fullsac X. Probably louder than yours, but not obnoxious. JMHO, you may want to see a Dr. about the pooping problem  :huepfenlol2:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »

you may want to see a Dr. about the pooping problem  :huepfenlol2:

He definitely needs to see a Dr. when it becomes a NON POOPING problem!!!

The topic is definitely more relevant with age!!

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »

When your toilet paper budget starts cutting into your motorcycle budget its definitely time to consult a doctor   :P

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

When your toilet paper budget starts cutting into your motorcycle budget its definitely time to consult a doctor   :P
Pray I don't start posting pictures......

When I received the mufflers, they only had 4 discs in, and the end caps had been removed.  I think that's probably why the prior owner didn't like them....they were obnoxious and the bike was a pig at lower rpms.  After 18 months on BMWs, I got spoiled by having a quiet bike, so I figured I'd go with the closed cap and play with the disc count.  The great thing for me is that at a 60 mph cruise, all I hear is the thrashing valvetrain and the wind....No exhaust at all.   When I crank into it, there's enough sound to know when to shift, but it's still not unbearable. 

I rode through several small towns over the weekend, and never had anyone glare at me with their hands over their ears. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 21 queries.