Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TSSM Question.  (Read 1248 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
TSSM Question.
« on: October 16, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »

Is it possible to convert a bike with a Turn Signal Security Module, into to one that does not have one? I recently installed a Zippers ThunderMax Marelli Conversion kit onto my bike. I finally got the starting and operation issue resolved, and am slowly getting the tune issues resolved. But am now dealing with turn signals that no longer self cancel. It seems that the Zippers ThunderMax ECM is having difficulty being calibrated with the speedometer. This means the TS do not self cancel. Zippers has been working on a resolution but nothing yet.

Today I took the bike to a tuner who Dan recommended. He has a conversion kit on his bike too, and I asked him what his calibration numbers were, because I wanted to try ad use them on my bike. He said his is a 2000 and does not have an TSSM, which means he does not have this problem.

How difficult is it to convert a bike with
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: TSSM Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

A non-security TSM would likely have the same issue as the turn signal function should be exactly the same.  You would only be eliminating the security function.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: TSSM Question.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:17:45 AM »

A non-security TSM would likely have the same issue as the turn signal function should be exactly the same.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.