Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EVO engine mods  (Read 2687 times)

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
EVO engine mods
« on: October 22, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »

Here we go... I know this topic has been visited before, but I would like to know current thinking. My 1340 is bone stock. I would like some additional go, but a little hesitant to pulling out the engine and doing an S&S. Red, you have done some work to yours, how does it run? Are the SE heads worth the $600-800? I am thinking cam, hi flow air cleaner, Mukuni, Single fire, exhaust. My I did a similar mod to my 95 Roadking and it ran strong. Would like to keep the budget under $2K, not including the exhaust. I will do most of the work myself. Thanks

RedFXR2

Re: EVO engine mods
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »

My 1340 is bone stock. I would like some additional go, ... Are the SE heads worth the $600-800? I am thinking cam, hi flow air cleaner, Mukuni, Single fire, exhaust

I understand your thinking.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 02:11:24 PM by RedFXR2 »

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

Great summary, I appreciate the input. I may have missed it, but you changed the ignition module and coil to the SE. I was looking at the HI4 Crane as well as a couple others. Reason why you did not go single fire? A lot of shops in the area really push it. I like the idea of re-jetting as opposed to the Mukuni. The Mukuni worked great on my RK, but if I can re-jet, may be good to go.

I will begin my qwest for parts on ebay... thanks.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »

I may have missed it, but you changed the ignition module and coil to the SE. I was looking at the HI4 Crane as well as a couple others. Reason why you did not go single fire? A lot of shops in the area really push it.

SE ignition module and coil.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:25:38 PM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

I will begin my qwest for parts on ebay... thanks.

Here's your heads, new in the box in either black highlighted or silver (for your FXR4).  Check their ebay store link.  HD of Chillicothe, Ohio.  That's where I got mine.  $585.

http://www.ohiocycles.com/

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:52:02 AM »

heads on the way, EV27 on the way, looking to do an S&S super E carb. I am torn on the ignition unit. I will probably go the same way you did. BTW - Do you have to replace the push rods with adjustables? Looking forward to starting the project.

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

Do you have to replace the push rods with adjustables?

Adjustable pushrods are not necessary when you're replacing the heads--the whole idea behind adjustable rods is to replace the cam without removing the heads, but since youi're doing that anyway, the adjustable rods are not needed.  Besides, the stock, one-piece units are lighter, anyway.

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 21 queries.