Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: H-D's big secret for 2007  (Read 6051 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: H-D's big secret for 2007
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 05:38:54 PM »

Jim,

With the latest PC firmware and software you can also adjust timing, and if you promote the map to "advanced" you can set the mixture and the timing separately for each cylinder.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »

Why? You keep telling me that the SERT will only do within certain parameters, yet no one seems to know what that is.

I only say it's the ultimate solution because it is the only system out there with two sensors, to my knowledge, that truly has the ability to constantly self-tune, regardless of the running conditions/load, and is in closed loop mode ALL THE TIME.  In addition, from what I'm reading about it, there will be available (in the near future) an adjustment that will allow you to set an A/F ratio (though I'm sure it will be limited to some extent) for fuel milage or performance, and anywhere in-between, without being plugged into a computer.  I'm sure that a Dynojet system won't be far behind, as the market for this type of product is simply too lucrative to pass up.  As long as a SERT is tied to the original ECM, as it exists at this point in time, just like the PCIII, will never be a true closed loop system, and to be dead-on the money (or A/F ratio across all throttle postions) will still need to be dyno'd to know what's happening.

That is my understanding, but I'm certainly no expert and will defer to those with more extensive knowledge.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 06:51:44 PM »

Here's the latest on my 07. As I said previously, I put the Hooker Slip-ons on it the other day and I have a K & N air filter ( not a stage 1 breather)  Ok, rode around with the Hookers set the way I like em for Horsepower and of course it sounded better and all, but I didn't notice much on the low end and only a little on the top end. Since this bike isn't intended to be an Otis beater, I was mainly looking for low end. Well Beags gets to goin on me with his rant about shuttin off the left muffler and only 1/4 on the right side if I want torque, so I do it. Yee ha now Los Dragon has got some bottom end. Runs real good too. Big atta boy for Beags.  I've pushed it around for two days and can't find anything to bitch about on the tune either.  Seems to be running cooler too, of course the AMSOIL all around could be a big part of that. Long story short. Anyone with an 07 should at least try changing out the air cleaner and mufflers before they spend big $$ if they're only lookin to let the motor do a little better. Now you techno guys can give me 27,000 reasons why it doesn't work, but my butt tells me it does.

Later Dudes,
                  Big B

Rhino

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »

I only say it's the ultimate solution because it is the only system out there with two sensors, to my knowledge, that truly has the ability to constantly self-tune, regardless of the running conditions/load, and is in closed loop mode ALL THE TIME.

I think you may be correct.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:38 PM »

Okay.... I REALLY don't want to step on any toes here but I must ask this question: Is the TMAX wide band sensor TOTALLY available and working and shipping for the 07 SE UC as of yet??

Rhino

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »

Sure, steps on somes toes. Here is my problem. I have, in hand, the ThunderMax ECM.  I also have the closed loop set up. The wide band sensors are in a Bosch Box with a module. I also have a software disk.

The remaing problems are:

1. Zippers has not come up with a 110 map.
2. Zippers is doing a fix re; alarm issue?? that occured on the 110
3. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY BIKE AND EACH DAY THAT PASSES IT IS GETTING COLDER UP NORTH (DEALER) and I am in FL.  

Rhino  :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.