Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: zippers ECM and Closed loop system for 07...  (Read 12851 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: zippers ECM and Closed loop system for 07...
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2006, 03:18:11 AM »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2006, 08:10:48 AM »

Well I am glad to some progress today at least.

Back on topic. Since JK said they were shipping has anyone got one as of yet?????? Who is going to be the frist to have theirs installed?

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg,I should have mine today, any luck installed by tonight>>> Greg  
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2006, 08:13:16 AM »

Speaking to Dawg's question on delivery and Rhino's accurate portrayal of the question on base maps I know I'm likely halfway home but still only assuming I am ok on the other.  There was UPS delivery notice here when I got back this evening. A box from Zippers is in town.  Assuming nothing unexpected in the package that should answer the delivery question.

The base map question, however, is still somewhat in the asked but unanswered category that characterizes much of what we've been discussing here lately.  More than a month ago I sent Kitzmiller a message that discussed base maps, described the exhaust I'd be hanging on the parts they were sending me and asking if the base map would be satisfactory to start with.  It was a question I never got an answer to.

So while I am willing to assume that the control range of the system can handle the variances attributable to something as minimal as different exhaust systems, and I am willing to assume they wouldn't send a system out without an adequate base map to start from within it; I can't say what's really there or absolutely know what to expect because they never told me.

I will, of course, know before it gets hung on the bike.  But this instance as has been others was one where a question's answer went missing.

Twolane, I should get mine today, I'll have in in there ASAP and keep you posted>>> Greg

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2006, 08:16:24 AM »

Please see our Vendor site for some Q&A about ThunderMax AutoTune.  

Greg, your unit did ship Tuesday, thanks for your trust in us,  JK

You are welcome JK and I;m sure the producet will perform>> Greg

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »

JDK was up late last night updating the Vendor section with answers and links to product operation.  Thanks, that's what we needed!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »

JDK was up late last night updating the Vendor section with answers and links to product operation.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2006, 12:03:40 PM »

I dug around the site looking for a listing of the maps and didnt find one.

Does anybody have a link to the 110 maps?

PS I did download the software but you have to have a key to activate it...

Thanks,

Mark
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:28:08 PM by nixobilly »

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2006, 04:44:40 PM »

I received a call this morning from Pete to let me know my closed loop system was shipping. Pete was generous with his time and he answered all my questions that I had from the installed TMax. I was happy to know they have upgraded the software to make it more user friendly in the AFR adjustment sectors.  You can now adjust the TMax by RPM range instead of throttle percentage. This should make it far easier to adjust for power/ economy modes.  Youcan also adjust the AFR on a global scale across the RPM range.  Looking forward to getting the closed loop in the next week and trying it out when the Northwest rains and floods subside.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2006, 06:57:33 PM »

Nixobilly-

The key code is: 85MDN1ZJXXPF-4
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:57:54 PM by Boatman »

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »

Ah,  many thanks!

No 110 maps found in database.... also did update.

The app looks really good though, much, much more than PCIII.

Mark

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2006, 08:59:07 PM »

I followed up with Zippers today in regards to the 110 Autotune.  They said they will be a while longer as they need to build a driver board (guessing like a daughter board for PC's... Best analogy I could come up with) for them to support the 110 motor due to the compression releases.   They need to build a driver to support the compression releases this will take some time as they need to build the board, then marry it to the ECM and then mass produce it.   I was given no time table other than they want it as badly as we do.   The good news is they are working on the 110 maps they have a bike in house that they have disabled the compression releases on, so that they can make the maps for the 110 bikes.  All the ducks are lining up its just a matter of time now.   And before you ask, No time frame has been expressed or given nor did I ask for a round about idea.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2006, 10:34:14 PM »

UB,

Thanks for the update.

I work with lotsa folks who do development so i understand "No wine b4 its time".

I will go ahead and do sert 'cause it is cheap and i can tune it for what i have installed.

when the wine is ready, i'll pull my sert'd MOCO ECM and do the wide band zip in the spring to feed my OCD if it works.

cheers,

Mark

ps RobMAY    ::)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:36:12 PM by nixobilly »

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2006, 07:56:24 AM »

Regarding the 110, several thing we have noticed so far:

The 110 uses the SE255 cam, an extremely narrow cam profile probably designed (probably? LOL) for emissions.  This engine has higher cranking compression than any other modern H-D powerplant (hence the compression release), and owners probably have noticed the propensity for pinging.  This is also the compliant cam H-D is supplying with the 103 kit for 96" engines.  It requires some pretty tricky timing maps to control detonation.  The maps we develop for this cam will be quite different than previous timing maps.  There are better cam choices out there, but we are building maps for this application because the dealers will be selling them by the bucketful.  We will also test our current design cams in 96, 103 and 110" engines, but of course, this all takes TIME.

The stock header pipes and crossover system within does create some difficulty for the closed loop as reversion pollutes the readings of the oxygen sensor at some RPM ranges.  This can lead to some exhaust popping in those ranges with some brands of mufflers.  I'll post which work better than others when we test more.  A true dual headpipe eliminates this issue, and is recommended for better performance.

The compression release enabled prototype ThunderMax is undergoing testing at Zippers now and will be a part of an already-in-progress board revision that we anticipate releasing shorty after the first of the year.  Maps will be released soon.

Some clarification as to why I am ALWAYS vague about when a product will be released:  Testing is a dynamic process; meaning it can be ever-changing.  If an issue with a component or process is found, corrections to that component are made, then you go back to testing.  Upon more testing, there is always the possibility that the last correction or change can lead to more issues with another connected component or process.  

This is why I can't forcast an exact date of when a product will be "done".  It's "done" when it has been thoroughly tested and we are satisfied that we have a product ready for market.  Once that happens, production parts are made, and then have to endure another round of tests to make sure the production parts do what the prototype parts did.

At this time of year, lots of testing goes on, for many different products.  Along with the ongoing ThunderMax development (this product will always be undergoing some type of testing for new or enhanced features - and as they envolve, you can update yours with an internet connection), we also design and manufacture our own line of camshafts, cylinder head designs, complete engine kits, participate in the testing of software and many other products such as upcoming 1-piece 54 and 60mm throttle bodies, fuel injection for the Sportster, etc, etc, etc.  

When H-D releases a new engine platform or three, there is a lot of work to be done.  We are a small company (30 employees, everybody works, no desk jockeys) which is both a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because we can respond quickly to changes, a curse because there is only so much we can do in a day (we're only "one-a somebodies").  Some folks have mentioned here that they think we have taken a cavalier approach to them or their problems, wants or needs.  This is not the case at all.  We didn't get to where we are (25 years at this now) by shirking our responsibilities to our customers, and that will never change.  

I will be working for the next few months on updating our catalog and will not be able to participate here as much here as I would like.  I will respond to PM's and jump in here when I can (there have been and will be gaps), but suggest anyone that has any questions about our products to call our sales team.  Bill, Pat, John Williams, Pete and Lisa will be happy to help you.  But if they tell you they can't give you an exact delivery date on a new product, it's for the above reasons.  But rest assured, we're on the job.

As always, I/we appreciate all of your business, past, present and future.  This board is one of the more civilized ones on the net, its members reflecting the reason I got into this business in the first place - because it's fun!  Thanks, JK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2006, 12:01:35 PM »

As always, I/we appreciate all of your business, past, present and future.

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2006, 11:27:46 AM »

Here's a DynoJet sheet on the 110 with our "Zip Kit".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:30:28 AM by jdk20723 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.