Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: zippers ECM and Closed loop system for 07...  (Read 12879 times)

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: zippers ECM and Closed loop system for 07...
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 12:31:04 PM »

We will start shipping all orders Tuesday, November 7th.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:51:24 PM by hdfatboy »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »

Hoist [highlight]for the most part [/highlight]the bugs are worked out.

[highlight]That [/highlight]is not a promising statement from a consumer perspective.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »

Isn

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

Dawg is right and they will stand behind it. Nobody likes to be the one with the "only one to have this issue" problem. I'm not sure from reading this that Zippers picked all of Mark's components. Research, talk, inquire, network. Whatever you have to do to be convinced that everything you do is properly engineered and perfected is a buyers responsibility. Buying something before that is called "buyer beware". If some salesman at Zippers talked you into something, they'll at least get it straightened out or refund you. I'd give Dawg a chance to find out what's going on. He seems to know these guys pretty well and should get a straight answer for you. You'll still be in the "trial and error" process though. Maybe it'll be right, maybe it'll be closer. If you can't deal with the process anymore, ask for a refund. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »

[highlight]That [/highlight][highlight]is not a promising statement from a consumer perspective[/highlight].

OK The bugs are out of the unit and they are being shipped!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:23:43 PM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

Dawg is right and they will stand behind it. Nobody likes to be the one with the "only one to have this issue" problem. I'm not sure from reading this that Zippers picked all of Mark's components. Research, talk, inquire, network. Whatever you have to do to be convinced that everything you do is properly engineered and perfected is a buyers responsibility. Buying something before that is called "buyer beware". If some salesman at Zippers talked you into something, they'll at least get it straightened out or refund you.[highlight] I'd give Dawg a chance to find out what's going on. He seems to know these guys pretty well and should get a straight answer for you. [/highlight]You'll still be in the "trial and error" process though. Maybe it'll be right, maybe it'll be closer. If you can't deal with the process anymore, ask for a refund. Hoist!

Thanks I do know them very well. Hell I wish I was on the payroll.

Ironhorse I just had a thought. You said your bike had a problem with the speedo and the turn signals. Have you checked for a bad speed sensor on your bike????? They do go bad all of the time and will cause the exact same problem that you are having. Just a thought.

Be Safe

THE DAWG  
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2006, 01:07:07 PM »

Isn
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

dejavo

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

With all the questions about tmax problems why wouldnt you use daytona twin tech. They have a unit that has been out for a few years and is set to work with the new systems. (supposedly) Anyone have any experience with them?

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »

[highlight]I don't know why, but it seems like a "East Coast-West Coast" thing[/highlight]. Most people I know on this ocean's side have pretty good luck with them. Good Luck Ironhorse! Too bad you weren't closer, it might've helped if you could bring your bike into them. Personally, I'll wait until all the bugs are worked out in the AutoTune before installing it. I'll leave it stock as long as I have to. It seems I'll be able to find out right here when that day comes. Just my $.02 not my $2K. Regards, Hoist!

This has nothing to do with east coast-west coast.  In fact, I'm originally from Brooklyn and Long Island.  Zippers makes a lot of great products.  It's just that recently, reading this board, that they are in over their heads right now and that their customer service has gone out the window.  There about 4 or 5 different examples with different products.  In fact, they have people's $s but haven't developed the parts yet! [highlight] It's all about communication, just like I tell the people that work for me.  Customers would rather hear the truth, even if it's bad news, than hear no news or vague answers that avoid really answering the question.[/highlight]  When Zippers (and a lot of other companies) learns that, and I'm sure that they will, they will be a lot better off.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2006, 02:10:23 PM »

That reference (East Coast/West Coast thing) was that it's easier to deal with more localized companies than from across the country. I fully agree with you about customer service. There's nothing worse nor is there any excuse for not returning calls or false promises. In this case, it appears they said they were working on it. I'm sure they couldn't predict when they'd have an answer so they didn't provide one. At least you're dealing with someone that will eventually get an answer. They did say they wanted to get it right before sending anything out. I have absolutely nothing to do with Zippers. Don't shoot the messenger. I have had decent experiences with them though and they're not going anywhere. Hopefully this will eventually get resolved to Ironside's satisfaction. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2006, 02:28:55 PM »

This has nothing to do with east coast-west coast.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:30:28 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »

ERNIE they are not in over their head. If fact they only have ONE problem unit out there and it is an early MM conversion. [highlight]They have offered to buy back the unit[/highlight]. They were told no. They have everything [highlight]DEVELOPED[/highlight] for the closed loop system. [highlight]I have been running a Thunder Max for OVER TWO YEARS now with NO PROBLEMS.[/highlight] It doesn't matter that I live close to them or I have been dealing with them for a long time. It has been flawless. The new motor they just built for me is GREAT. I am going to go to Zippers in a few weeks (after all of the back orders have been filled) and buy a closed loop system for my bike. Yes I agree their customer service is a little low right now. Yes I also agree that the customer would love the truth not speculation. You noticed I didn't say lied too. They don't just lie to get the sale. Their timing on this was off. Hell I was supposed to have a closed loop system to take to Maggie Valley. They were waiting on the units and did not recieve them in time as they thought they would have.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DC,

It's interesting that you say that they back their products considering Ironhorse's problems.  Whatever, I'm not going to argue with you over a company that I've never dealt with.  You SHOULD work for them, since per you they are perfect and NEVER make a mistake, communicate in a fantastic manner with their customers, and are the greatest thing since electric start.  Enjoy them, their products, and anything else that you do with them.  I just know that I won't be dealing with them anytime soon.  Ride safe and keep being their salesman...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 02:39:15 PM »

That reference (East Coast/West Coast thing) was that it's easier to deal with more localized companies than from across the country. I fully agree with you about customer service. [highlight]There's nothing worse nor is there any excuse for not returning calls or false promises. In this case, it appears they said they were working on it. I'm sure they couldn't predict when they'd have an answer so they didn't provide one. [/highlight]At least you're dealing with someone that will eventually get an answer. They did say they wanted to get it right before sending anything out. I have absolutely nothing to do with Zippers. Don't shoot the messenger. I have had decent experiences with them though and they're not going anywhere. Hopefully this will eventually get resolved to Ironside's satisfaction. Hoist!

Hoist I think you hit the nail right on the head. Two problems here. Problem one Ironhorse has a early MM conversion that is giving him a problem. This is a problem not even related to the closed loop system or the later model FI systems that most of us have. They have been working with him on this. He is not happy but they are working on it.

Problem 2 they took money for a system and didn't ship it right away. Along with the other problems Don had with his upgrades from other vendors. He has had a rough time. He is a patient person. I feel for him.

I called to talk to Danny today. He is out. I will send him an e mail and try to get some answers on Ironhorses problem. I don't know that I can help but will at least try.

Hell after all of this I think I am going to apply for the new position that just opened up at Zippers. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT!!!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 02:44:53 PM »

[highlight]Hell after all of this I think I am going to apply for the new position that just opened up at Zippers. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT!!!!!!!![/highlight]

Dawg,

Keep your regular job -- it is much safer than a Customer Service Agent for Zippers.  ;D

mark

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »

[highlight]Hell after all of this I think I am going to apply for the new position that just opened up at Zippers. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT!!!!!!!![/highlight]

Dawg,

Keep your regular job -- it is much safer than a Customer Service Agent for Zippers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.