Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Daytona twin tech  (Read 3063 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Daytona twin tech
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 03:54:56 PM »

Chuck,

I could give you the SERT Spiel, but I have typed it out several times here on the site about the differences and the good and bad of SERT / Power Commander and the DFO's.

Main thing is if you need warranty usually the dealer a few dont but most will support you when you have a SERT.   If they say a twin tec, or other they usually put hands in the air say your racing it even though it may or may not be true.  A lot depends on your relationship with the dealer.

SERT allows for Timing, allows for Volumetric tuning when done right allows for A/F corrections when needed.   It allows you to change the size of your injectors, the size of your motor, It allows for cold idle enrichment, it allows for decell detunement.   There is a lot there as well as on an 07 allowing the Compression releases to work on the 110's as well as rear cylinder cool down mode.  

That is the short and skinny list.

I have not looked at the latest iteration of the DTT system, but when I had I decided to look elsewhere based on feedback from others about firmware upgrade issues, errand issues and when they called up and spoke to the Techy guy I think if memory serves me his name was Chris who wrote the software who they felt treated them like neophytes that were bothering him after they spent the grand on his product.  That was enough for me not to want to go down that road.   I am not repeat I am NOT saying it doesnt work, it was just the feedback I got when I was looking at going that way some 18 months ago.  A lot can change in that time as you can see on this site as things get more mature or time passes and other new inventions take place this is definately a fast passed topic that isn't going to go away any time soon.

I will most likely get an AutoTune when it comes out from Zippers when its ready to be tested.
I will keep my race tuner as a warranty investment item and use the Zippers whenever else.

BTW DTT has a Sniffer system that allows you to ride your bike for a while, then after you stop it will export its tables out so that you can copy and past the settings into the Race Tuner so that you get teh fuel curve settings you want.  A buddy on this site Tony *astubbs* had it and said it worked fantastic I never got to try it.   Only issue he had was when he made the sniffer he should have used a different soldering material to hold the welds together better :)

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.