Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: 113" / 117" Build, Am I headed in the right direction?  (Read 91683 times)

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
Re: 113" / 117" Build, Am I headed in the right direction?
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »

Ed, I am hoping by the time the weather turns to cold to ride that I get one ordered and installed. Now if I can just stop life from dipping its hand in the bike money jar.

David

Ed, I am hoping by the time the weather turns to cold to ride that I get one ordered and installed. Now if I can just stop wife from dipping its hand in the bike money jar.

There, fixed it for you. Im just jerkin' yer chain, Dave! Tell the wife I said hello. I hope all is well with you two.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:36 PM »

Ed, I am hoping by the time the weather turns to cold to ride that I get one ordered and installed. Now if I can just stop life from dipping its hand in the bike money jar.

David

You might want to get one with the SE type cases, (without the external oil lines) if it is available in Granite?

I'm sure that we will see a lot more "Builders" going in this direction.

David, I know about the distractions of life, just last Saturday, one of my toilets flooded half of the house... "One of life's little pleasures"

Ed
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »

Ed, I am hoping by the time the weather turns to cold to ride that I get one ordered and installed. Now if I can just stop wife from dipping its hand in the bike money jar.

There, fixed it for you. Im just jerkin' yer chain, Dave! Tell the wife I said hello. I hope all is well with you two.

It's a tough crowd here sometimes...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2014, 11:22:52 PM »

Thank you James for fixing that for me! She is supposed to try and stop by one afternoon and get some Redline for me so you can explain the about the hand in jar while she is there.... :P
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »

You might want to get one with the SE type cases, (without the external oil lines) if it is available in Granite?

I'm sure that we will see a lot more "Builders" going in this direction.

David, I know about the distractions of life, just last Saturday, one of my toilets flooded half of the house... "One of life's little pleasures"

Ed

Amazing what one flush can screw up!

Most great stores start with a bad decision

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »

Ed

S&S no longer offers their motors with anything cases other than their own. They've also stopped the re-man project for HD.

Thank you James for fixing that for me! She is supposed to try and stop by one afternoon and get some Redline for me so you can explain the about the hand in jar while she is there.... :P

I should be around and have the oil but I think I'll leave it to you to explain your feelings about money. Ive been working so many hours the last thing I need is an ass whippin'.  :-X

independentmcshop.com

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »

Evening Update:

Nothing new to report since the last EU. Everything the same as the last Update :nervous:.

I have a few questions;

1) Should I try the Baker Attitude Manual Primary Chain Adjuster? ( I already have the "latest" version, nib) or since the original adjuster and chain have around 26k on them (shoe already worn in, chain already stretched), should I just have the OE Adjuster welded at the proper tension? 'Looking for reliability / longevity here... Or does anybody know of any riding habits that will preclude the stock auto adjuster from getting "banjo string tight"?

2) Should I have the Ventilator air cleaner backing plate machined to match the 58mm Throttle Body, or should I just resell my Ventilator and buy the Ventilator from H-D that is made for the 58??  Anybody have any idea what the machine work should cost?

As always, thanks for the input!!!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »

heat, whatever you do DONT buy the SE manual one, i just pulled it out today, thing makes NOISE!!! put the Hayden auto in going to try it out. heading to Sturgis in the am, the lill putt i took around the neighbor hood it sounded & felt ok will let you know more later. 
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

heat, whatever you do DONT buy the SE manual one, i just pulled it out today, thing makes NOISE!!! put the Hayden auto in going to try it out. heading to Sturgis in the am, the lill putt i took around the neighbor hood it sounded & felt ok will let you know more later.

fast, thanks for the info, how many miles on the SE? did it make noise off the rip? or after some miles? let us know how you like the Hayden?

We went to Sturgis last year, 'skipping it this year and probably hit it in '15 again.

Have a good time, and come back in one piece  :drink:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2014, 08:41:40 PM »

Heat that SE piece made noise rite out of the gate put about 150 miles on it but just couldn't take the noise... Sounded like a belt sander, one about to break, got about 600 miles on the Hayden today no issues it's working as they say... Smoother & quieter . Heading to easy rider  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »

Afternoon Update;

I posted 7/15/14 about a lifter ticking on cold start for about 6-10 seconds.

For the last 7-8 cold starts, (on the cold starts, I stand on the right side of the bike, bent over with my ear near the right side of the motor and hit the button) all is quiet, no lifter noise whatsoever, 'guess it fixed itself  :nervous:, wish they would all do that...

All the rest is as the last Update, no news = good news :2vrolijk_21:

"The Ball & Chain" and I rolled over to Mobile for an awesome (Blues/Southern Rock) concert Wednesday night, came back yesterday, the bike behaved perfectly in the heat.

Any recommendations when to inspect the cam chest as far as routine maintenance for this motor???

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »

'Plugged the V&H ThrottlePak back in yesterday, (had the TP from when I first got the bike, removed it for a while when we did the SE Stage III Kit, because the SEPST has Throttle Blade Control) feels snappier / more responsive, especially in the midrange, no ill effects... :2vrolijk_21:

The Big Sky Fans & the Ward's Part Works 160* Thermostat arrived yesterday, 'going to install them at the next oil change.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:05:30 PM by FlaHeatWave »

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

The Big Sky Fans & the Ward's Part Works 160* Thermostat arrived yesterday, 'going to install them at the next oil change.

Great thread!

Your gonna love the fans and thermostat. ;D
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »

S&S no longer offers their motors with anything cases other than their own. They've also stopped the re-man project for HD.

I should be around and have the oil but I think I'll leave it to you to explain your feelings about money. Ive been working so many hours the last thing I need is an ass whippin'.  :-X

This is not true, you can still get a motor with the SE cases although you have to call for the part number as they would prefer to sell their own cases. 

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »

This is not true, you can still get a motor with the SE cases although you have to call for the part number as they would prefer to sell their own cases.
Well, I guess they lied to me then. Hard to imagine as a dealer but if you say so. At least not for FL's anyway is what they told me.

independentmcshop.com
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 22 queries.