Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Important Zippers Questions  (Read 1270 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Important Zippers Questions
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:41:42 AM »

Okay, getting close here with the install, and have a couple more questions.

MAP Sensor, since the Zippers system does not use one, and the Zippers TB I have does not have one, I guess I just leave the connector hanging,.....right? The Thunder-Max ECM won't even look for it,.....right?

Barometric Sensor. Since my '01 M&M used one, but the conversion to Delphi does not have a connector for one, I can only ASSUME that like the Zippers MAP Sensor, the Delphi system does not need one......right?

Camshaft Position Sensor. My M&M used one, because there is a connector for it. However, my Delphi conversion harness does not have a connector for it. Does this mean that Delphi FI does not use a Cam Position Sensor either, and the T-Max ECM won't look for it?

Thanks

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
Re: Important Zippers Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:45:01 AM »

MAP Sensor, since the Zippers system does not use one, and the Zippers TB I have does not have one, I guess I just leave the connector hanging,.....right? The Thunder-Max ECM won't even look for it,.....right?   Correct.  You can leave it open, or install one to plug the hole, but the ThunderMax does not use input from it.

Barometric Sensor. Since my '01 M&M used one, but the conversion to Delphi does not have a connector for one, I can only ASSUME that like the Zippers MAP Sensor, the Delphi system does not need one......right?  Incorrect.  It does require a baro sensor, but it's built-in on the ThunderMax module (internal).

Camshaft Position Sensor. My M&M used one, because there is a connector for it. However, my Delphi conversion harness does not have a connector for it. Does this mean that Delphi FI does not use a Cam Position Sensor either, and the T-Max ECM won't look for it?  Correct.

Thanks, JK

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »

Cool!

I am ready to Rock And Roll!
Since the OEM Baro sensor has the same type of plug as the MAP Sensor, can I just stick it in there to plug it up?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »

I don't think I'd do that.  I don't know what *could* happen, and I don't want *you* to find out the hard way.

Know what I mean?

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

Don't forget to add the Zippers High Flow air cleaner to your set up! :)
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:56:53 PM »

Don't forget to add the Zippers High Flow air cleaner to your set up! :)
Already got one, it came with the throttlebody.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.