Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assist & Slip Hydraulic Clutch or 6-Speed Transmission Engagement Getting Louder  (Read 877 times)

Bohemian

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

2013 FLTRXSE2 CVO Road Glide 110"

Has anyone experienced their shift engagement getting louder or more pronounced and is it an indicator of something needing attention?

The A&S Hydraulic Clutch & 6-Speed Transmission on this bike has always been the quietest and smoothest Harley shift I've ever had, but the last few days I can feel & hear the shifts are now louder & more pronounced; more like the old 4 & 5 speeds if that makes any sense.

Its Not getting any quieter or louder based on engine temperature either and I haven't made any changes or had any work done on it and I ride it every day 11 miles each way to work & back.

Thanks in advance.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

Any change to the clutch feel and/or engagement point?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

^^^ What he said.  Check the hydraulic clutch for air in the system, which will cause the clutch to not release completely.  That can and will cause notchy and clunky shifting due to clutch drag.  If the fluid has never been changed, it's time to completely flush the system and fill with new DOT 4 fluid.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.