Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 110 vs 113 cu in  (Read 4217 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: 110 vs 113 cu in
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »

I can tell you I'm pulling 115Tq and 114HP out of my 113" all SE build and it runs great. I'm sure a 110" with another 5K in upgrades would run very close.

See if you get Grover to cough up his Dyno #'s  He and his 113 won the now famous Maggie Valley Roll On with his wife ridin co-pilot.

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »

Its rebutle night :)  Way to bored...

I have outlined my compaints previously so I am not going to inject them here.

While it maybe true there arent many "known combinations for this motor" , but that is because, not that many will embrace the 110 over the 113 from a stock perspective and why should they except for cost conscious / warranty needy people.   they can spend the 2500 and the labor and be done and have warranty.  A Hoist kind of situation .... its better than their 96 and they get their 2 year warranty.  I really doubt you would see someone go 88 to 110 makes no sense to do this.

So not that many people other than Screaming Chicken people are going to try and develop real power combinations, its a misplaced market at this point. You will most likely see a package or 2, but I actually think they will be very rigid in what will work.   Much like the 575's no head work bolt in, but time will tell.

The true problem isn't with the bike not delivering the power.   The bike delivers better than the harley's previously delivered by the MOCO and not in horsepower or torque sense in the fact that they delivered a cam that was epa compliant and in the avg riding range of their prospective customers.  2500 - 4500 range  

Another perceived problem is that over the last 7 years they delivered a twin cam that was capable of not being lugged when you ran the motor at or below 2000 rpm.  Today with the introduction of the 96 /110 motor people need to know that running it below 2500 rpm is in fact LUGGING THE MOTOR.   Its a stroker motor and it seems that this information is really not being shared in an educational way to the general public.  

Run the motor under 2500 and hear the transmissions / motors belly ache.  Its the nature of the beast so get over it people.  It comes down to the MOCO not doing its due diligence because their modern day riders learned to ride at 1800 -2300 rpm just cruising and now you must learn 2500 and up and people aren't accustomed to that.  Its like a harley guy getting on a crotch rocket or a vrod they expect the power at the bottom end they dont realize that when they hit 6k rpm the bike snaps to life .. its a hoot watching a long time harley rider get on a vrod and say it doesnt get out of its own way.   They arent used to hitting 5k on the tach never mind 9k.

Now all that being said put a cam in that is marriage with the 103 stroke / 9.3 compression and a bit more air flow and you will have a better than avg running bike with very little investment.   Comparing the rideability not overall numbers capable, but the 07 runs much better light to light than the stock 103's with air cleaner / tuner / pipes drag on ... not rolling runs.   That is because of the way the cam was designed.   The issue now with the 110's is the 255 cam dies errr i mean starts its decline at 4200 rpm  and falls fast by 5200 its low 90's, but the torque is coming in much better than the stock 103's.  

Rolling the 103 wins because most people have almost 12 hp more than the stock 110 with a stock 103.  Its a matter of shifting the curves around low end grunt vs mid range / top end comparision.   I should probably have done a comparison on the same sheet of paper, but for now i can just look at 2 curves and see it pretty plainly.

Quit your bitch'in and tell us how much muhla your going to invest now that you are done worrying about warranty??  What combination are you going to try ....
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 09:28:16 PM »

i ain't saying that d00d. I can't wait too see these awesome rides I've been hearin' about. I'm just sayin' that I don't want that for myself. I have a slightly different agenda. You know what they say d00d, there's an a'hole for every seat. My a'hole fits my seat, and everyone elses fits theirs. It's all good!
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:38 PM »

Its rebutle night :)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »

I know you guys don't want to hear this, but for about $25k out the door you can go buy the 07 1250 V-ROD (not a CVO yeah I heard)Still gorgeous in those Screamin Eagle V&H replica colors though; Add a Thunderheader, a K&N Filter, A SERT and some good dyno time and there ain't no 103, 110,113 or 124 gonna touch it. It took a monster of a 145 to beat my 1250cc SEVROD and I weigh 300lbs brothers. So lets be honest here ok. This ain't about buildin race bikes, it's about buildin sleepers. Fancy baggers with a lot of flash that the average weekend warrior is like my boy Efram (you know, not only don't know nothin, don't even suspect nothin)  and don't see comin. Beagle chased down a crotch rocket rider when he and I went out for a ride with CVOJoe. You know one of those guys with Joe Sprocket leathers ridin a bike like Willie Shu. The look on the dude's face was priceless. That's what it's all about ain't it. Gettin that look when the fat old bastard on a bagger dusts the young punk on a cruiser. Course this is only my $0.02 as my broski the Qster likes to say

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »

Haha Hoist
Don't know how you could ever consider that aimed towards you ...  You are all about worrying about the warranty and thats your choice and its all good.   But the cryptic message was actually for Rhino.  Trust me I am not shy I direct my chop busting directly.  As Big B will tell you, I really don't take the long route to say what I want to say :)  So have a beer and relax I ain't teasing you in this case.

So to explain so no one else thinks I am teasing them.

I told him (Ron) I was going to get that sticker "Quit YOUR Bitch'n" and put it on my helmet, cause he would be able to read it a lot from back there :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:57:24 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 10:18:53 PM »

Harry,
        Check out page 21 of the 2007 Screamin Eagle Parts Catalogue. Look at the last calibration listed under the 2007 Touring Section. 110 Stage 1 Race for 2007 FLHTCUSE2. That's where I got my info from. Just readin the bible from the church of Harley-Davidson is all bro. If brother Willie is lyin to me, then I'm a lost sheep and not a sinner.

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »

Brian,

It is for non cvo models.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:43:36 PM by Unbalanced »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »

Brian,

It is for non cvo models.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »

Haha Hoist
Don't know how you could ever consider that aimed towards you ...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:50:22 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rhino

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »

Rhino here.

So Spectator, you trying or did you actually bust my chops.  All I been hearin is how my buds 103 gonna eat me up, and your SO 103 is gonna do the same.

I don't think so, cause all I hear is talk, and many occasions to do it arise, and n obody takin me up on it.  I go vrooom at the light and there is always an excuse.  

So maybe we gotta end this thing once and for all.  You allz just pissed cause my bike dynoed better than yours apples to apples on the 110's.

Ready to run for pinks?  Come and get it big boy!!!  I always wanted three harleys in my stable.

Rhino

ps:  just kidding

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Rhino here.

So Spectator, you trying or did you actually bust my chops.

Rhino

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »

i HAD NO CHOICE TO SAY ...JUS KIDDING...  
because i think i would lose a couple of real good friends if I had to take their bikes away...

But in the meantime, I and those that have 110's, the day will come when it will be appropriate to beef it up when good and true parts become availalbe.  We all know about the 113, etc, and it is designed to race.

But if one can take a 103 and "claim" it goes faster than our 110's, we can always take that 110 and make it go better than a stock 120 or so it goes..  Displacement will always win with enough$$$.

If your point initially was to .... what was the point anyway?  Me forget.

Rhino
But Spectator

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »

i HAD NO CHOICE TO SAY ...JUS KIDDING...

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »

I just rode a stock 110 and was very disapointed. On the other hand I never rode my 103 in stock form. My new 113 has 123tq and 125 hp with 7500 miles on it this year and it still runs like the day I had it done. Having said that
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:27:28 AM by droc »
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.