Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2007 or 2008 Seat Replacement Ideas  (Read 5994 times)

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: 2007 or 2008 Seat Replacement Ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »

I installed a wide touring (76033) a few years back as the stock seat just was not doing it for me
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

Fierce Eagle

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 06:44:44 PM »

After you put 3k or so on it, no going back......the long nose will rub the tank. That's no biggie if you like the seat!!

Well, you were correct the seat is about to rub the tank.  I'm now going to get the original seat and this new mustang seat model 75486 modified and custom covered.  There was no way to know that the Mustang model #75858 was going to be disconnected.  Procrastinating is going cost me.  ARG!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »

It will rub the tank. Road King uses the shorter seat and the longer dash. Longer seat is forEGlides with the short dash.

Fierce Eagle

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »

Update… 

Well, the seat nose did start moving down towards the tank because it was too long, which was mentioned.  This seat also moved me about two inches forward which wasn’t quite right for me.  Couldn’t use the factory back reset due to the seat had moved forward.  Bottom hamstring area had pressure them when sitting at a light.  When riding, you had a two by four line on your lower back.  That locked you in the seat, but after 60 miles the two by four got old. 

Well I made an appointment and took my bike to Guy’s to have custom work to the seat.  When he sat on the bike and noticed right away the two by four lower back pressure and that it kept pressure on your legs from coming down easy while holding the bike up.  I made a second appointment to ride the bike with the new foam changes.   This moved me back in the seat more and got rid of the two by four.  No more pressure on the hamstring area when sitting at the light, and the nose was cut back off the tank.  He nailed the seat for me.  I only requested to shave the new foam down a little on the back rest.  He then recovered the seat and both back rest, which I’m EXTREMELY happy with.  The seat is very comfortable now!

The Mustang Sport Touring One-Piece Smooth Seat, No Studs Harley-Davidson® 2007 FLHRS Road King. Part Number: 75858 which are discounted are NOT showing up on eBay.   

I do not recommend this Mustang model 75486 unless you want a good base to start with and make it your own.  Maybe I should have gone with the Sundowner Smooth Part Number 51929-01??

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 21 queries.