Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Where to purchase Extended Warranty  (Read 29817 times)

pm203

• Full CVO Member
Where to purchase Extended Warranty
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »

Who or where is the best place to purchase a Harley Extended Warranty for my 2014? My dealer is always non-negotiable and at full price.
Thanks!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Where to purchase Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »

will be watching this thread.....I need one also :2vrolijk_21:

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »

Jim Palmer Kutter Harley
James Palmer <finance@kutterharley.com>
RETIRED! :fireman:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Jim Palmer Kutter Harley
James Palmer <finance@kutterharley.com>
Not sure he's able to do them anymore (see below)...
I believe this is a new requirement to address the issue of people buying from discount dealers outside of their immediate area.  I remember someone posting that information last year when Rebecca at Tri County told them she could no longer sell them the ESP unless they brought the bike in to be inspected, even though it was a brand new bike. 

Harley has been taking many anticompetitive actions in the past few years to restrict discounting of parts & accessories, and this seems to be just a continuation of that anticompetitive stance.  I assume some of their dealers who charge over MSRP and rip off their customers on everything in the store started bending the ears of the new management group and convinced them to stop letting other dealers "steal" sales from them.  The fact that they stopped Rebecca at least a year ago, but Kutter kept selling discounted ESP's until recently, tells me this may be one of those selectively enforced policies as opposed to a total ban affecting all dealerships. :nixweiss:

Jerry

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »

Well I don't know where you live but in my state of New Mexico we have 5 dealers. I would call each of them and ask them for a quote for ESP renewal for your desired # of years. See what kind of prices they come up with for you. I was quoted 3 different prices by 4 different dealers when I was shopping for my bike.

Good luck,
DH

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »

Bought mine on my '12 at discount.  After reading about restrictions mentioned above I called them to inquire. They said mother Harley shut them down from discounting - could still sell but no discount.  Still worth shopping in my opinion as while a dealer may not offer a discounted price they may offer it at list and not inflated. Don't know about all states but if I but locally here in TN there is 9.75% sales tax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 03:33:41 PM »

Bought mine on my '12 at discount.  After reading about restrictions mentioned above I called them to inquire. They said mother Harley shut them down from discounting - could still sell but no discount.  Still worth shopping in my opinion as while a dealer may not offer a discounted price they may offer it at list and not inflated. Don't know about all states but if I but locally here in TN there is 9.75% sales tax!

I don't see how that is even legal in this Country.

I bought my Ford extended contracts from a Ford dealer in Massachusetts.
For Ford, all you have to do is google best ford esp prices and there are three main dealers that heavily discount the programs.
For instance, the full contract for my truck quoted by a local dealer when still under 12K miles was almost $3500.
I purchased the same plan with a mileage addition (bought it when I had 35,900 miles) for $1850 from an online dealer (Greenfield Ford, MA)
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »

I don't see how that is even legal in this Country.

I bought my Ford extended contracts from a Ford dealer in Massachusetts.
For Ford, all you have to do is google best ford esp prices and there are three main dealers that heavily discount the programs.
For instance, the full contract for my truck quoted by a local dealer when still under 12K miles was almost $3500.
I purchased the same plan with a mileage addition (bought it when I had 35,900 miles) for $1850 from an online dealer (Greenfield Ford, MA)

Supreme Court ruling from 1997

Justices End 96-Year-Old Ban on Price Floors
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

cdestuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

Send Palmer a email or leave a voice mail. He can still sell you a non HD backed warranty that is just as good as the HD ESP.  In fact I don't think you have to pay the 50 deductible.  He"ll email you info and prices. 

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Thanks. I will check it out.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

Got an email today from Kutter.  Looks like they're starting up a separate site for extended warranties.

*Disclaimer* I opened the link and have not gone through it yet. Just wanted to put the link out there for others to look at.

http://www.discountesp.com/
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »

Got an email today from Kutter.  Looks like they're starting up a separate site for extended warranties.

I just went through this in August when I made a 60-month ESP purchase. I did a lot of research - none of the places that use to discount were less than my local dealer and I solicited five quotes. I found this amazing as I figured they'd be the most expensive. Cost was $1,794 with the wheel & tire coverage. I'd call all dealers in your area and compare costs.

Kirk

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »

The ESP Kutter is selling is not the H-D endorsed product, but a product offered by a different company.  I'd recommend reading the entire contract before signing anything, just like I do when talking about the Harley endorsed ESP, but this might at least be worth a look.  I'd love to see more dealers do the same thing Kutter is doing when it comes to all the anticompetitive BS Harley has been shoveling at the dealers and customers in recent years.

Jerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ from the Kutter site:

Is this Harley Davidson’s Official Extended Service Plan?

Harley Davidson will not allow dealers to sell the CNA administered ESP outside of their local dealership at a discount. This plan is administered by CornerStone United, which provides excellent coverage and top notch customer service. Where Harley Davidson chose CNA to administer their ESP; Suzuki & Arctic Cat chose CornerStone United.

Why don’t you sell the CNA administered plan anymore?

Harley-Davidson no longer allows dealers to sell the CNA administered plan online or outside of their dealership. This mandate turned out to be good news. The plans we offer now, in my opinion, are a great package for riders. The coverage is for all parts covered under the factory warranty, a $0 deductible, and repairs can be done at ANY Harley-Davidson Dealership or State Licensed Repair Shop.

What is covered on the Extended Service Contract?

All components / parts covered under the Harley-Davidson Factory Warranty are covered. The plan was built around coverage instead of exclusions. Page 2 of the contract lists the few exclusions.

How does this plan compare against Harley-Davidson’s CNA administered plan?

This CornerStone United administered plan covers all the components and parts as the Harley-Davidson Manufacturer Warranty. Plus the deductible is always $0. Harley-Davison will charge a $50 deductible at a H-D Dealership and a $100 deductible at a non H-D Dealership. It doesn’t matter where you get your repairs, as long as it is a State Licensed Repair Shop, the deductible is $0!

How are Claims Made?

In the event of a claim, the process is very easy.
1. Bring your Harley to any Authorized Dealership or State Licensed Repair Facility.

2. Show your contract or ID card to the Service Writer.

3. The Repair Facility or You must call the Administrator at 1-866-912-2768 to obtain a Claim Authorization Number. If after hours, Repair Facility must call during the next business day.

Can I buy the plan from you, even though I live elsewhere? (Florida, California, Ohio, etc)

Yes, we can enroll your eligible Motorcycle no matter where you live. Enrollment is electronic via email and phone.

Is my Motorcycle eligible?

Your motorcycle must be covered under the Harley-Davidson Factory Warranty. If your motorcycle is outside of the factory warranty, however currently covered under an Extended Service Plan, contact me for your options.

When does the extended coverage start?

The factory warranty coverage begins the day you purchase the motorcycle. The Extended Service Contract adds to the coverage and extends by an additional 1 to 5 years. Example: 36mo contract will cover the bike for an ADDITIONAL 3 years.

Can the contract be transferred if I sell prior to expiration?

Yes! Any remaining coverage can be transferred during a private party sale. This can help increase the value of your bike. The Service Contract can also be cancelled for a refund in the event of a loss, trade-in, or customer request.

Will my local dealer know that I purchased

When you bring your bike in for service or repairs, you will show your membership card to the service writer. This will notify them of your coverage. From there the Service Department will be able to begin the claims process if needed.

How do I purchase the tire & wheel coverage?

The tire and wheel coverage is a stand-alone contract. Meaning you can buy it separately. The enrollment process is the same. This coverage considerably increases your bike’s value. Yes the tire and wheel contract can be transferred during a private party sale.

Are there any additional fees or taxes?

No. Unless you are a resident of Wisconsin, I don’t collect sales tax. Also there are no hidden fees or shipping charges.

What is the deductible for claims?

There is no deductible! $0 for any covered claim. This is the same for repairs completed at any Harley-Davidson Dealership as well as any State Licensed Repair Shop.

I have a question which is not described here. Can I contact you with more questions?

Please do. The best way to get your questions answered is via email. (finance@kutterharley.com). Feel free to email me or utilize the contact form on top of this page.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 05:43:56 PM »

The ESP Kutter is selling is not the H-D endorsed product, but a product offered by a different company.  I'd recommend reading the entire contract before signing anything, just like I do when talking about the Harley endorsed ESP, but this might at least be worth a look.  I'd love to see more dealers do the same thing Kutter is doing when it comes to all the anticompetitive BS Harley has been shoveling at the dealers and customers in recent years.

Jerry

I thought you'd be one of the first ones to take a good look at it. Like you, I'd love to see more details of the contract, especially the exclusions that were mentioned.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »

I thought you'd be one of the first ones to take a good look at it. Like you, I'd love to see more details of the contract, especially the exclusions that were mentioned.
Just go to his website, and read everything, including exclusions. He even posts prices! I bought my 2nd Harley ESP from them, and I will buy his new plan when my 2nd runs out. The new plan is way cheaper, and my 2nd HD plan was 20% cheaper than the list price. I would never buy  another HD plan because they check your bike over with a fine comb, and if you have anything different they deny the claim. My stealer is starting to dislike them because they are on them like chit, before approval. He said they must be losing a lot of money!

tazmun
The "TAZMUN"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.