Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Where to purchase Extended Warranty  (Read 29800 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Where to purchase Extended Warranty
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »

Just go to his website, and read everything, including exclusions. He even posts prices! I bought my 2nd Harley ESP from them, and I will buy his new plan when my 2nd runs out. The new plan is way cheaper, and my 2nd HD plan was 20% cheaper than the list price. I would never buy  another HD plan because they check your bike over with a fine comb, and if you have anything different they deny the claim. My stealer is starting to dislike them because they are on them like chit, before approval. He said they must be losing a lot of money!

tazmun
Missed the big letters that said "click here for fine print"  ::)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 08:50:53 AM »

http://www.discountesp.com/#!esc/c66t

Jerry

Looks pretty typical for an ESP.  The list of what isn't covered is quite long, but it has to be that way because many people try to take advantage.  For instance, they buy an ESP when they buy the bike, modify the crap out of the bike, and then want the ESP to pay to fix something that failed due to the mods.  Or they think the ESP should pay to fix cosmetic things like paint or worn seat covers.

If you actually read all the exclusions, and they are very similar to the CNA product H-D endorses and sells, it becomes quite obvious many people don't read these contracts when you read the threads on sites like this one where people question after the fact what exactly is covered, and bitch because the ESP company denied their claim due to mods or because the contract clearly states they don't cover that particular item (like seats or paint, for instance).  READ THE CONTRACTS BEFORE YOU SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:00:49 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:15 AM »

Wow - interesting indeed... This web site is new, last August none of this information was available from Jim. I may cancel my CNA policy and switch it over upon review. Thanks for the updates.

essman929

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »

I bought coverage for my 2016 for my Harley from National Repair Solutions.com. They coverage everything I wanted and gave me options.  They cover cars, bikes, ATVs etc. They sell for the same third party as the motorcycle dealership. They also let me make payments to them each month for the warranty. I had the engine placed on it about a year ago and didn't get any problems from the Harley dealership about it.

Here the website page I found for them.
http://www.nationalrepairsolutions.com/motorcycles-extended-warranty

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 01:23:16 PM »

Kutter is a Cornerstone ESP.  Googled the company before I pulled the trigger.  My shop in Dallas say they money is as good as anybody else so no problem honoring it.  No 50 deductible and the price was over a grand less than HD shop quoted me and included tires and wheels.  It's a no brainer to me.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »

I wonder if they service Canadian customers too? I've been thinking of looking into some sort of aftermarket coverage, after reading the 110 engine longevity thread.

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 08:40:21 AM »

I didn't read all the fine print (http://media.wix.com/ugd/9ddac8_43e8432b90484f83bd6d7389c051b1ce.pdf) but I don't think they have the same Hotel and meal coverage as the HD ESP.

If you have a covered breakdown while on the road, you'll receive $75/day (up to $750) for a rental vehicle, $150/day (up to $450) for meal and lodging, and up to $200 for towing to an H-D™ dealership..... and no deductible for covered Expense Reimbursement benefits.

fastboatnut

• Full CVO Member
extended warranty
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

Thinking about buying a new 2016 road glide cvo, what is the best prices everyone has been getting for them?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »

'them' being what exactly?  the 2016 cvo or the esp?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Jim Palmer Kutter Harley
James Palmer <finance@kutterharley.com>

X-2 on Jim, They sell Cornerstone ESP , Which writes for Suzuki, Artic Cat. It's zero deductible, worked great for me on the old '11. I will buy another one from Jim as long as they don't go stupid on price.     
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 01:17:07 PM »

Kutter is a Cornerstone ESP.  Googled the company before I pulled the trigger.  My shop in Dallas say they money is as good as anybody else so no problem honoring it.  No 50 deductible and the price was over a grand less than HD shop quoted me and included tires and wheels.  It's a no brainer to me.

X-2 used mine at Maverick HD..worked like a charm.
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

essman929

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

I would be careful who you purchase an extended warranty for a motorcycle from. I had one company go out of business, took my money and didn't pay any claims. Come to find out these companies are supposed to be back by an insurance company to be legit. The company I was with apparently back with its own money which wasn't good for me. So you could image paying $2,000 for a motorcycle warranty and then pay another $1500 on top of that. I was very pissed! So please please do your research when you buy any warranty for anything.

I have also had good experience with my current provided MBA http://www.nationalrepairsolutions.com/motorcycles-extended-warranty. They have been around for about 30 years and are in a lot of dealerships. They are backed by an insurance company. They replaced my transmission on my Harley about 6 months ago. The monthly payment was reasonable too.  They didn't give me or my repair shop any hassle. They did send out an inspector which was surprising but they came out quick to look at the transmission. So all in all if you have something break and they pay for claims you can save money and come out ahead. If you pick the wrong company you could wind up paying out of your pocket on top of paying $2k for a warranty.

Love these little guys!

:jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :drummer:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »

so you've had them replace your entire powertrain then?

sounds like you've had pretty bad luck with losing an engine, and a transmission within a year and a half.  what were the issues you've had, out of curiosity?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:46 PM »

so you've had them replace your entire powertrain then?

sounds like you've had pretty bad luck with losing an engine, and a transmission within a year and a half.  what were the issues you've had, out of curiosity?
You smell the same fishy odor I do?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

journeyman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »

I would never get an extended warranty.
There's a reason those businesses try to sell theses things, they're not losing any money!
 Consider putting the $2000 into a bank account as your own self funded warranty.
 And here's the bonus,  if you don't use it, you still have the money!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.