Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Where to purchase Extended Warranty  (Read 29825 times)

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
Re: Where to purchase Extended Warranty
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2017, 08:23:32 AM »

True, the average miles driven by a Harley owner is less than 4,000 miles per year; the same ones that want to just say they own a Harley, paid more than MSRP, and only ride to the Dealerships on weekends wearing their brand new just released Harley garb to pose.

I always love these blanket statements from "true bikers".  I put 2,400 miles on my bike last year and was pretty happy about it.  I have two young boys who take up a lot of my time, which is great.  I have been riding on two wheels since I was 7 (41 now), still race motocross, and love anything that has to do with motorcycles.  If it makes you feel better to see me as a "poser" good for you!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »

Finally some common sense!  The guys with the exploding engines are killing me : )

The exploding engine guys are starting to sound like cases of neglect.    I'm actually surprised those things aren't getting challenged.   A little TLC goes a long way!  Reminds me of how my mom would drive her car without oil until it broke down.

When my 2011sg started pinging at 12k, I addressed it, tuned it to retard the timing.    When the engine started getting loud it 40k,  I addressed it, replaced the lifters, traded it 10k later.   No exploding engine.  No ESP.  Just some attention to details and PM.

I am sure you are referring to me with the failing engines.  I can rest assure you my bikes a very well cared for.  They receive all required maintenance and then some.  My 15 SERGU was in twice due to my complaining of noisy lifters.  HD refused to replace them.  The bike was under warranty and I wanted them replaced, but they would not at the 40K service.  At 43800 miles, three weeks later, the lifters failed and took out the engine, metal all through it.  This was ten days past the two year warranty.  Compensator had been replaced in that bike also due to my insistence. 

My very good friend who's engine was replaced at 35K miles in a 15 SERGU takes better care of his bikes than anybody I have ever met.  Again his was only 18 months old.

I have never had an ESP, but on a 110 I was keeping more than 2 years I would consider it.  Or I would build the motor right as has been done on my 13 CVO King.  I fully understand those who can not replace their own lifters, or compensator or such getting an ESP on a CVO 110 they are keeping 5 or 7 years.

My built CVO King is ridden much harder than my bikes I use for trips.  Zero issues with a hi hp and big torque 110 built to 117.  No one issue.  Reason is better bearings, better tolerances and Much better Lifters and better behive valve springs.

So was your bike under warranty at 40K when you replaced the lifters?

If your bike was under warranty, and your lifters were noisy and HD refused to replace them, would you go a head and replace them?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:50:02 AM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

journeyman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »

I am sure you are referring to me with the failing engines.  I can rest assure you my bikes a very well cared for.  They receive all required maintenance and then some.  My 15 SERGU was in twice due to my complaining of noisy lifters.  HD refused to replace them.  The bike was under warranty and I wanted them replaced, but they would not at the 40K service.  At 43800 miles, three weeks later, the lifters failed and took out the engine, metal all through it.  This was ten days past the two year warranty.  Compensator had been replaced in that bike also due to my insistence. 

My very good friend who's engine was replaced at 35K miles in a 15 SERGU takes better care of his bikes than anybody I have ever met.  Again his was only 18 months old.

I have never had an ESP, but on a 110 I was keeping more than 2 years I would consider it.  Or I would build the motor right as has been done on my 13 CVO King.  I fully understand those who can not replace their own lifters, or compensator or such getting an ESP on a CVO 110 they are keeping 5 or 7 years.

My built CVO King is ridden much harder than my bikes I use for trips.  Zero issues with a hi hp and big torque 110 built to 117.  No one issue.  Reason is better bearings, better tolerances and Much better Lifters and better behive valve springs.

So was your bike under warranty at 40K when you replaced the lifters?

If your bike was under warranty, and your lifters were noisy and HD refused to replace them, would you go a head and replace them?

Didn't mean to single anyone out personally Dave.  Started out trying to trow in some good advice about Warranties and paying for them based on my experiences.

I've been riding Harleys for decades, with many different circles of friends; the burnout/wheelie guys, the cross country guys, the garage queen guys, the horsepower guys, I've put on 100k miles, twice over.  In all those years I can only remember once where a repair was so extensive it cost more than an ESP.  It was a horsepower guy. 
On the other side, I've had a more than a few encounters with minor warranty issues, where the service manager was a prick and threatened to not cover the factory warranty!  Such as was the case with your lifter issue.  No way would I ever want to pay to extend that relationship, and yes it's not the same dealership.

Back to the circle of friends,  the crazy thing is here is...  it seems everyone's bike here has a major breakdown.  I'll call this group the, exploding engine guys!  Again not to single anyone out in particular.  Just seems crazy to me that this is the consensus.

To answer you question about the lifters at 40k.  I'm fortunate to be mechanically inclined and I pay close attention every detail.  The lifters were installed by myself under what I consider normal maintenance, for few hundred dollars (Gaterman's #GP1023). Problem solved.  Something I learned during the shovelhead years.  Still a guy could pay for the labor at a dealer for much less than the cost of an ESP!  Or neglect the issue until it becomes catastrophic.  It seems the exploding engine guys may be practicing the later of two, or in your case warranty denied.  Glad to hear they covered it, you are fortunate!

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »

I always love these blanket statements from "true bikers".  I put 2,400 miles on my bike last year and was pretty happy about it.  I have two young boys who take up a lot of my time, which is great.  I have been riding on two wheels since I was 7 (41 now), still race motocross, and love anything that has to do with motorcycles.  If it makes you feel better to see me as a "poser" good for you!
Hopefully you are more thorough with your reading comprehension in what ever profession you are in at age 41. The sub thread subject was regarding cost to mileage and how the ESP could survive all the major pay outs. I made a pretty descriptive picture of the type of individuals who purchased the ESP and didn't / don't use it at the rate of others who put serious miles on their bikes. However, should you take offense to my description which was not a blanket statement at all; it clearly stated "paid more than MSRP, and only ride to the Dealerships on weekends wearing their brand new just released Harley garb to pose".
(this is the definition of poser in bold, only you know)
Now, you, yourself have called yourself a poser, nobody accused or insinuated you were a poser.

When people hunt, they should make sure they know how to hunt or the end result is an injured so-called hunter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:38:43 AM by FLTRCVO »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »

This thread is entertaining.  Not for good reasons necessarily.  Entertaining nonetheless.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »

This thread is entertaining.  Not for good reasons necessarily.  Entertaining nonetheless.

Thanx

journeyman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2017, 08:10:57 PM »

Cute dolls!

TheDevilDawg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

I bought coverage for my 2016 for my Harley from National Repair Solutions.com. They coverage everything I wanted and gave me options.  They cover cars, bikes, ATVs etc. They sell for the same third party as the motorcycle dealership. They also let me make payments to them each month for the warranty. I had the engine placed on it about a year ago and didn't get any problems from the Harley dealership about it.

I called the number from web site
844.674.0220-said they dont cover motorcycle wtf ?
Here the website page I found for them.
http://www.nationalrepairsolutions.com/motorcycles-extended-warranty

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »

I bought coverage for my 2016 for my Harley from National Repair Solutions.com. They coverage everything I wanted and gave me options.  They cover cars, bikes, ATVs etc. They sell for the same third party as the motorcycle dealership. They also let me make payments to them each month for the warranty. I had the engine placed on it about a year ago and didn't get any problems from the Harley dealership about it.

Here the website page I found for them.
http://www.nationalrepairsolutions.com/motorcycles-extended-warranty

Not sure you'd want to purchase ESP from them in any case.  BBB has a D- rating, they are not accredited and BBB has a consumer warning about them:

Alerts & Actions
PATTERN OF COMPLAINT
BBB is urging consumers to use caution when considering doing business with National Repair Solutions, an extended service contract company.  BBB has received consumer complaints alleging delays in honoring warranty claims, failure to cancel contracts, failure to issue a refund, misleading advertisement and overall poor customer service.

On September 8, 2016, BBB mailed the company a letter referencing these complaints.  The company did not respond to our letter.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

TheDevilDawg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 05:43:38 PM »

UPDATE...good lookin out ULTRAFXR
Just got off the phone w discount esp aka Cathy at Boardtracker
844 778 9175
5 year including wheel & tire $1698
Simple no brainer
Courteous professional easy 15 min call
Like 337 a year / .92 cents a day on 15 CVO Streetglide w 10,000 miles
Factory warranty expires Feb 2017
For me well worth the peace of mind riding the roads to wilderness
Highly recommend calling her today....doesn't hurt to ask about payment options, if your saving for upgrades as many of us are
Peace

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 10:43:18 PM »

UPDATE...good lookin out ULTRAFXR
Just got off the phone w discount esp aka Cathy at Boardtracker
844 778 9175
Simple no brainer
Courteous professional easy 15 min call
Like 337 a year / .92 cents a day on 15 CVO Streetglide w 10,000 miles
Factory warranty expires Feb 2017
For me well worth the peace of mind riding the roads to wilderness
Highly recommend calling her today....doesn't hurt to ask about payment options, if your saving for upgrades as many of us are
Peace
Glad that worked out for you.  I purchased the W & T only on my new '17 but if I do keep it beyond the moco warranty I will be getting the mechanical ESP from them also.

IBA member # 45520

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

..........Just got off the phone w discount esp aka Cathy at Boardtracker
844 778 9175
Simple no brainer
Hey TDD .......I agree with your "wilderness" reference. My biggest concern has been breaking down while on a road trip far from home :'(! I just got a quote from Jim Palmer of Discount ESP with the identical quote of $1698 for my 2015 FLTRUSE. Is this a coincidence ....or is Boardtracker HD simply using Discount ESP? Either way, any compelling reason to go with Boardtracker rather than Discount ESP? Also wondering if the wheel & tire warranty is worth it :nixweiss:?
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »

Hey TDD .......I agree with your "wilderness" reference. My biggest concern has been breaking down while on a road trip far from home :'(! I just got a quote from Jim Palmer of Discount ESP with the identical quote of $1698 for my 2015 FLTRUSE. Is this a coincidence ....or is Boardtracker HD simply using Discount ESP? Either way, any compelling reason to go with Boardtracker rather than Discount ESP? Also wondering if the wheel & tire warranty is worth it :nixweiss:?
Jim Palmer is the F&I guy at Boardtracker H-D.  They market the Cornerstone ESP under the Discount ESP name as best I can tell.  It is a bit confusing and their website(s) are also.  I purchased the wheel and tire only so far on my 2017 CVO Limited.  Pretty cheap and will pay for itself with one rear tire replacement.  On my 2012 I had three rear tires replaced by ESP due to picking up nails in them.    If I keep the bike beyond factory warranty I will be adding the mechanical ESP coverage through them also.

IBA member # 45520

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »

Jim Palmer is the F&I guy at Boardtracker H-D.  They market the Cornerstone ESP under the Discount ESP name as best I can tell.  It is a bit confusing and their website(s) are also.  I purchased the wheel and tire only so far on my 2017 CVO Limited.  Pretty cheap and will pay for itself with one rear tire replacement.  On my 2012 I had three rear tires replaced by ESP due to picking up nails in them.    If I keep the bike beyond factory warranty I will be adding the mechanical ESP coverage through them also.

Bought the " Cornerstone" ESP for Jim @ Boardtracker. Paid like clockwork on my '11 , will do that again on my '16 when it runs out. THE zero deductible is nice
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »

Thanks for clarifying ultrafxr ..........I went for the full $1698 5 years package and will be happy to not file any claims. Worth it for the peace of mind while road tripping far from home :2vrolijk_21:!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.