Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lower fairing speakers  (Read 2801 times)

mamacdonald

• my cvo
lower fairing speakers
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »

Has anybody installed the boom audio fairing lowers speaker kit to their cvo ultra?  Were they worth it?  How do they sound?  Book says you need to buy speaker expansion kit for $569.  Seems like a lot of money to add 2 speakers.  Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Mike

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: lower fairing speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »

Buy aftermarket.  Harley audio really isn't worth it.  Lots of better choices out there. Stuart

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:10:38 AM »

I had the Hawg Wired speakers in my lowers for a awhile.
Eventually decided the storage was more valuable then the speakers and removed them.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »

I've never fully understood the desire to add more and more speakers and amps to a motorcycle, unless someone just wants to use their bike as a juke box at the gatherings in the parking lots of the world.  No matter how many amps and speakers they add, at speed on the highway they will never achieve the same kind of sonic experience they would in an enclosed vehicle or their home.  But they can and do irritate the living chit out of others who have to listen to the ear bleeding sound pollution they emit as they ride by us.  Kind of like the obnoxious kids who like to cruise neighborhoods showing off their massive amps and speakers, less the extreme bass of course.

If you want truly good sound on a bike, I'd suggest a full face helmet with top quality speakers in it, similar to headphones in overall affect.  The downside is not being able to hear what is going on around you, but there again with the regular stereo blasting through six or eight speakers you aren't going to hear that car coming up on you or that fire truck anyway.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »

I don't even listen to the radio when riding the bike, except the weather reports. I would rather listen to the rumble of the pipes and the music of the engine as the miles roll by. I have never used the intercom feature on the bike. If I want all that noise, I'll drive the truck.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:12:01 PM »

I don't even listen to the radio when riding the bike, except the weather reports. I would rather listen to the rumble of the pipes and the music of the engine as the miles roll by. I have never used the intercom feature on the bike. If I want all that noise, I'll drive the truck.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »

I don't even listen to the radio when riding the bike, except the weather reports. I would rather listen to the rumble of the pipes and the music of the engine as the miles roll by.

yeah, i used to be that way.  until i rode from south louisiana to south dakota one year.  that's an awful long way to ride having to listen to your own singing the whole way 

love my ipod now :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 06:37:48 AM »

I do enjoy my tunes while riding also.   To me to a very long day with nothing to listen to but a motor. If you're gonna have one, might as well make it as best you can. Just my thoughts.  Stuart.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:51:05 AM by cvostu »

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »

569$ for a any upgrade on one of our bikes seems like one of the cheaper upgrades to me.   All the ones I have done seem to cost more.   Some I am glad I have done some not so much.   I don't use my storage there as much as I thought I would but still have not installed speakers. 

Most on here don't like the factory radio and speakers.  I am in the minority on this one because I like it just fine for me and my wife.  We ride with helmets and can still here the music fine and if we want to we can switch over to ear pieces.  But I can't hear what's going on around me in town or in traffic.  Same when the radio is turned up to loud.  It bothers me when I am in my car or truck and and some else has their radio up so loud that I have to hear there music.   

I have even considered purchasing a amp for the cb so I can bleed over some of these loud radios when they are sitting close by.  But have heard this could damage some of their equipment or speakers if on the right frequency.   But this my be for another thread.   

Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

LN Nation

• Full CVO Member
  • God Bless Chesty Puller
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »

Has anybody installed the boom audio fairing lowers speaker kit to their cvo ultra?  Were they worth it?  How do they sound?  Book says you need to buy speaker expansion kit for $569.  Seems like a lot of money to add 2 speakers.  Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Mike
I just listed a J&M Lower Fairing Speaker Kit this morning for $260. They are brand new.
2013 FLHRSE5
Fullsac Headers
Fullsac CVO Baffles
TTS Mastertune

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 07:36:28 PM »

I ride solo 99% of the time and have switched the tour pac to a removable chopped pac so I have no need for extra space and no rear speakers. I did install the Hawg wired package with the lowers quite a while ago and enjoy the extra sound when on the open highway with a short helmet but also have Bluetooth for my full and modular helmets.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 09:48:05 PM »

"The Ball & Chain" and I really enjoy the music when riding, whether from the bike's stereo cruising locally, or Bluetooth to the helmets while touring.

We like the J&M Rokker XTs in the vented lowers of the '09 SERG.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 21 queries.