Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: How do you guys do it? .....full baggers that is!  (Read 12977 times)

mark

Re: How do you guys do it? .....full baggers that is!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »

Riding something heavy...oh, how I could reply to that.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 11:42:29 PM »

Only time mine feels heavy is when I do something stupid and she starts to lean too far. When she starts to lean and I try to stop her she feels HEAVY, especially if I'm running 2up.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 11:49:08 PM »

I jumped on a SG the other day while my wife was test driving a few bike and it felt like a bicycle..   I guess it's just perspective....

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 12:33:46 AM »

me, on my RGC with my gear in solo mode tips the scale at... 1140 pounds. it only feels heavy when i back up   :nixweiss:  havent rolled over the scale two up & packed for a road trip...thats when i wished it had reverse
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 01:03:39 AM »

I will have to admit that though I am never bothered by the weight while moving and actually find it as maneuverable as any bike I have ever had, I have dropped it 4 times at very slow speeds. Once I was pulling up to my work where there were around 10 people standing out front and for some moronic reason I decided to mess with my stereo at around 1 MPH and sure enough the bike started to go down. Trying to "ease it down" on the crash bar I put my feet down and held the grips to long and ended up doing a roll headfirst. The people standing around didn't know what to do (trying of course not to bust out laughing as I am their boss) so they decided to just turn around and walk away before I asked them if they might help me get it back up..
That was last summer and I understand they still refer to me as "tuck and roll guy"...
But besides that, the weight never bothers me
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 01:07:13 AM »

And BTW, I am too old/weak to pick it back up myself. Yes I have watched the video about 50 times of the 90b woman picking it up by herself which looks very easy on the video but I can't get myself to lay it down intentionally to practice. My plan is to not drop it again I know, lousy plan...
Alan

J.Mart60

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHX non-CVO
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »

I have an 07 Street Glide and an 08 cuse3 and they seem like two completely different animals. I have to ride them both to keep up the skills that each require. If I ride one for several weeks and then jump on the other its a shock to me how different they handle. Love em both!!
If you want that pat on the back when you do well, you must also accept that kick in the ass when you screw up!

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 08:54:02 AM »

The last bike I dropped was in 1972 when my "friends" encouraged me to do a wheelie .... on a Honda CB160. Revved like hell, dropped the clutch and the wheel went up and I went sideways ... all to their great amusement. Now I find he biggest motivation for not dropping my bike is what is it going to cost me and the answer is $100s if not $1000s! I will throw myself under the bike and give it a nice soft surface to fall on if I ever tip in a parking lot  :'( I'm lucky, I have medical insurance.

Best strategy for me is to be fully aware of ground condition - I'm specifically talking about parking lots, pulling off the road, etc. - low speed maneuvers. I look for oil, sand, uneven pavement - you know what I mean - left leg down firm but you did't notice that on the right that the  road falls away- tough to grow 3" on the right leg(!) - no jokes, please, potholes, manholes, wet, dry, oil, road kill, wife reaching for hair brush and leaning over, etc., etc.
12" Buky Malos and engine guard, Le Pera Continental, Zumo 665 nav, black lower legs, matching TourPak, Madstad windshield, and lots of other "stuff"

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »

You think it's heavy setting there? You should load it down for a trip like my wife and I do when we travel. LOL I'm guessing we're in excess of 1000 lbs. It definitely handles differently. Empty I can throw mine around in a parking lot or around a curve on the dragon with the best of them. But when it's loaded parking lot maneuvers and such are done with care, like riding a fat lady. But I wouldn't ride anything else. :bananarock: 
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 09:08:08 AM »

I get my wife to go with me to the school parking lot and we work on turns deep enough that I am scraping my boards.  Made me feel a lot better when I did it the first time unexpectedly.  I have had "Justice" for about four months now and a little over 2K miles and she feels smaller every time I ride.  The first couple of weeks I was sure that I had bought too much bike...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »

I'd feel even more nervous with a passenger! 

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »

Everyone here pretty much answered the how, but the why - we love it!
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »

Weight does not matter when you are underway, only proper technique does.

Quantumracer

• Done with fast bikes, time to slow down and enjoy what's left!
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSCE3
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »

I get my wife to go with me to the school parking lot and we work on turns deep enough that I am scraping my boards.  Made me feel a lot better when I did it the first time unexpectedly.  I have had "Justice" for about four months now and a little over 2K miles and she feels smaller every time I ride.  The first couple of weeks I was sure that I had bought too much bike...

This is how I feel as well.  I catch myself just looking at it, wondering why it looked so big when I bought it.  It's much more nimble than I thought it would be.  I haven't been 2 up yet, which is good.  I need more seat time before I attempt that.

:drink:
POW/MIA
Never forget and never give up!

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »

Just have her meet you at a parking lot that is very open and go to work on it..  It's more about having her learn what is going on than for you.  IMO not much changes on our end other than the feel during turns...  My wife took the rider safety course with me and I think it helped immensely..  Actually she finished first in the class.  Go figure...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.