Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Most Famous Member of the Greatest Generation  (Read 6265 times)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Most Famous Member of the Greatest Generation
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 09:02:52 AM »

My thought are with you.  Memories are our most valuable treasures.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »

Great tribute Jimmy, so many wonderful memories you will carry in your future.  God Bless both of you.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:18 AM »

Damn...I am fairly new to the site. Joined sometime in 2013 I think.
At the risk of sounding all mushy and stuff...I must say that I have not met a single one of you guys nor do I know any of you. In all seriousness and I say this in all sincerity...reading some of these posts start to make my eyes water up a little. There are some very good people who frequent this site. Jimmy, whom I do not, is a lucky man to have you guys in his corner.
God Bless you all and Thanks!!!
john

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

Thanks, Jimmy.  Your Dad was definitely a Hero.  So was mine.  First Troops on Okinawa.  Staff Sergeant/Tank Crew.  Lost him in 1972, to a Mining accident. He was 52, I was 21, and a Redneck drunk with a bad attitude.  Wish he could've seen me straighten up.  Maybe he has............Remember the good!  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »

Sorry for the reason of this post. It is never easy to have a declining parent and to loose one is something you will never forget, yet as others have said, remember the good times.
I just commemorated the 20 year passing of my father a few days ago. It's strange how something can trigger a memory of him when you least expect it.
One thing that helped me at the time of his passing was to contact the military personnel office and get an official copy of my dads military record (they also provided for free a set of his medals and ribbons) so I could complete a shadow box of my dad's service to give to my mom along with flag and casings fired at his funeral service.
Thoughts and prayers sent your way to you and your family.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »

Jimmy, I lost my Father in 1959, I was 11 and my world ended so I thought. In my mother remarried a super man, I new he was because he put up with me, and he gave his all to be a great dad. He was a pilot in WWII until he lost his depth perception and was grounded.
Fast forward to present. We celebrated Dad's 95th birthday on the 3rd of January. Thankfully he is in good health and gets around real well. Oh and got remarried at 91.
He say's he doesn't have old friends only new young ones.
I know the day will come and I hate to know it's coming.
So cherish the time you have and make the best of it. God Bless and Thank You to your Dad !!
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »

Jimmy lost my dad this last July.  The only place I was at peace was on his scoot.  Riding and crying seamed to help with the pain.  Hats off and a strong salute to your old man.  God bless him and hang in there knowing you got some good years with him.
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 03:28:16 PM »

Sorry to hear about your dad, but the fact that he survived the war is a Godsend itself.......103 missions is tough......!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

Great tribute to your dad. I lost mine last day of November last year. Still tough.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »

Thanks guys for all the good words. Sometimes words from people you don't really know mean more, as you know they are sincere. People that he may have owed something to are going to be nice.....with their hands out.

My Dad left this world at 11:22 this morning   Mom and I were by his side. She is a little lost right now as they had been married 73yrs.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:16:20 PM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 09:36:49 PM »

Jimmy,

So sorry for your loss, I will say a pray for your family. Take care of your mom, 73 years is more than a lifetime in most cases.

God Bless
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 09:55:12 PM »

Jimmy,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope he went peacefully, as he was a hero. I have the utmost respect for those who served our country.

I can understand your loss, I lost my mother early this past June, My dad and I were by her side.  He was lost for many months as they were married 55 years.  Christmas was hard, but he is getting on.

Dave.
USN Retired
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:31 PM »

Reading about the loss of your father reminded me of my dad's passing several years ago. He was a member of the 5th Air Force's 475th Fighter Group, "Satan's Angels", in the Pacific during WWII. As a member of the National Air and Space Museum, I had my father's name placed on the Wall of Fame at the Stephen L. Udvar-Hazy museum in VA. Information can be found at: airandspace.si.edu. Go to the Udvar-Hazy site then click on support and look for information about the Wall of Fame. I found this to be a very satisfying way to honor my father's participation and service during WWII. Both sites of the National Air and Space Museum are spectacular and some of the names found on the Wall of Fame are some of the most famous in aviation. Your father's name deserves to be memorialized with some of the great aviators of his time. Regrets for your loss and the passing of another member of "The Greatest Generation". Feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance with information regarding the Wall of Fame. Be proud.       JoeS

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »

Jimmy, It saddened me this morning when I read that your Father had passed. It would have been awesome to have met your Father whenever I finally make it to your neck of the woods. I truly enjoy meeting veterans of that era. However I still look forward to meeting you, the SON OF A TRUE PATRIOT, whenever I do make it there. I pray the Lord gives you and your family comfort in your time of need. God Bless,
Roy

ultrarider123

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 08:25:28 AM »

My heart hurts for your family, your mom and you, Jimmy.  Prayers lifted up for you all, brother.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 21 queries.