Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Fltruse high rpm

(1/2) > >>

Zenji03:
Good day fellas I'm new on this forum and also the bike. I have 2015 fltruse that i replaced water pump. After replacing it i noticed the rpm went up to 1800 used to be under 1k. Bike has stage 4 upgrade according to my buddy that i got the bike from.
My issue is high rpm can anyone help me how to turn down the rpm without goin to stealership  ;D? Thank you all

05Quadrasteer:
Is this high rpm all the time?  Or just when you first start the bike?  I have the same year and model you are referencing.  I have noticed on some colder mornings when I start the rpms will be higher. After a bit of time they come back to normal.

Zenji03:
High rpm when it's cold is givin till it warms up, but since i replaced my water pump it's been high all the time unless i push the grip forward a bit, not to engage or enable the eitms. I also replaced my heated grips with kahuna heated grips.

kojak:
First don’t blip the throttle just before shutting off the bike, it stores your idle rpm. If I remember the procedure correctly, with run switch on, turn the ignition on, wait for the engine light to go off and turn it off. Do it 4 times and it will reset your ecm idle. Don’t touch anything else while doing this on-off routine.

--- Quote from: Zenji03 on March 09, 2022, 08:37:38 PM ---Good day fellas I'm new on this forum and also the bike. I have 2015 fltruse that i replaced water pump. After replacing it i noticed the rpm went up to 1800 used to be under 1k. Bike has stage 4 upgrade according to my buddy that i got the bike from.
My issue is high rpm can anyone help me how to turn down the rpm without goin to stealership  ;D? Thank you all

--- End quote ---

05Quadrasteer:
I see you mentioned you changed your grips.  I would open up the right side and double check the alignment of the grip into the gear thingy for throttle response.  I doubt changing your water pump had anything to do with the higher rpms.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version