CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Motor vibration

(1/1)

longlast:
  Any suggestions on motor vibration 07 ultra classic?

New Swingarm stabilisers installed front mount replaced with a Drag Specialties mount .

Q. Should the motor be pulled forward before tightening bolts up?

At idle it's much better bars don't bounce around like they did. But now at 11 / 1200 rpm crazy vibration.  When riding there's vibration felt.

I'm thinking the motor isn't sitting correctly??

Any suggestions I might try or should  do are welcome.   Cheers

Left is Drag Specialties,..right is HD

longlast:

Sorted out!! ;D

I tried something I saw on YouTube  by GlidePro Motor Mount Install

He says to leave the mount fixings lose then go for a ride that will let the motor find it's  place to settle,  then tighten the to side bolts of the mount and the centre one  only snug it up so you can still move it back and forth,  job done.

That's what I did and the issue is solved it's back too smooth riding.  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: longlast on April 14, 2024, 11:45:25 AM ---  Any suggestions on motor vibration 07 ultra classic?

New Swingarm stabilisers installed front mount replaced with a Drag Specialties mount .

Q. Should the motor be pulled forward before tightening bolts up?

At idle it's much better bars don't bounce around like they did. But now at 11 / 1200 rpm crazy vibration.  When riding there's vibration felt.

I'm thinking the motor isn't sitting correctly??

Any suggestions I might try or should  do are welcome.   Cheers

Left is Drag Specialties,..right is HD

--- End quote ---

Leave everything just snug (not tightened at all) and go for a ride.  Then tighten it up.  You'll likely fix your problem  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: longlast on April 15, 2024, 11:40:20 AM ---                        Sorted out!! ;D

I tried something I saw on YouTube  by GlidePro Motor Mount Install

He says to leave the mount fixings lose then go for a ride that will let the motor find it's  place to settle,  then tighten the to side bolts of the mount and the centre one  only snug it up so you can still move it back and forth,  job done.

That's what I did and the issue is solved it's back too smooth riding.  :2vrolijk_21:

--- End quote ---

Gawdammit!!  That's what happens when you don't read on through a thread before answering!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

longlast:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on April 15, 2024, 03:25:00 PM ---
Gawdammit!!  That's what happens when you don't read on through a thread before answering!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

--- End quote ---

Haha 😄 , done the same myself,

Always appreciate the input though Don.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version