Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: First ride  (Read 23995 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: First ride
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 10:58:15 PM »

Thanks all. Right now just all grins.

Sweet!  New bikes rule! :2vrolijk_21: ;D

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »

Congratulations and thanks for the ride report and the pictures!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 12:05:36 AM »

Just stick a chrome solenoid cover on it to get by until you replace the starter...and a neutral switch cover, if it's still the same.  Good looking bike!!  Teardrop mirrors would look a little better, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »

Thanks for the pics and report. The paint scheme really flows nice from front to back. :orange:

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 06:52:24 AM »

Congragulations!!!
I have a question since you owned the old one as well.Hows the wind deflecting with a taller screen lets say compare to a goldwing or ultra?I am selling my goldwing i guess the only thing i will miss about it is the wind protection. :drink:
Ridin Legend

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »

Congragulations!!!
I have a question since you owned the old one as well.Hows the wind deflecting with a taller screen lets say compare to a goldwing or ultra?I am selling my goldwing i guess the only thing i will miss about it is the wind protection. :drink:

Thanks. Can't really answer the question regarding a wing since the last time I rode one was in 1987 but the taller shield on the old one really did a job of keeping you out of the wind. It was pretty tall, l looked through it as opposed to over it, and there was very little buffeting as compared to the taller screen on the SEEG. The little deflector that comes on the RG does absolutely nothing regarding wind protection.
As an aside, the wind noise is so loud on this one that the stereo is very difficult to hear at highway speeds. At rest the stereo is fine but forget about it @ 60 mph. A taller screen is a must for travel.

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 07:45:30 AM »

Congratulations.  That's a beauty.  I have a silver SERG on order that is supposed to ship on 8/15.  I'm hoping I like the paint scheme in person or I may switch over to the orange side.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »

Congragulations!!!

Your reference to a wing made remember the chit I received from the wife and son regarding the exhaust on the new bike. They likened the sound level to a "goldwing". Pi$$ed me off but they're right. Way too quiet for a Harley and that'll be remedied once I get back from Milwaukee.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 07:47:47 AM »

Congratulations.  That's a beauty.  I have a silver SERG on order that is supposed to ship on 8/15.  I'm hoping I like the paint scheme in person or I may switch over to the orange side.

Thanks much. I was impressed w/ the orange sitting inside. Putting it in the sun just knocked my socks off. Do the same w/ the silver and I bet you'll have a sure winner.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 07:48:30 AM »

Sweet!  New bikes rule! :2vrolijk_21: ;D

You said it B!!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »

Paint really pops in the sun!  Great looking bike, Jim!  Are you considering a tour pack (chopped/painted or king)?

Enjoy your new ride & look forward to more of your reports.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Absolutely considering a tour pak. Working outta the saddlebags is a PITA. Hope to do a detachable like the SEEG. Hate to buy two T Ps so I'm going to hold off just a little bit (probably Christmas) until I figure out which way we want to go. I can see this becoming the long distance traveler so we'll probably go full size but we'll see.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »

Looks great!!! Does it have XM?

If it does then I haven't found it yet.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »

Doesn't that make you just tingle? ;) :P :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Kinda funny. My favorite gal in the Motorclothes Dept. came running up to us talking about having goosebumps all over when she saw it. Yeah, it does.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 08:17:27 AM »

Thanks Mike. Absolutely considering a tour pak. Working outta the saddlebags is a PITA. Hope to do a detachable like the SEEG. Hate to buy two T Ps so I'm going to hold off just a little bit (probably Christmas) until I figure out which way we want to go. I can see this becoming the long distance traveler so we'll probably go full size but we'll see.

Noticed the same thing, Jim.  a tour pack makes distance traveling a lot simpler even when I am 1-up on the bike.  My BSR is completely spoiled to the ride the tour pack gives her as well. 

A few odd things about the MoCo & the lack of the tour pack  on this SERG is just one of them.  Did I just type "a few?"  Understatement of the week for me.  Sometimes I wonder if they know that lots of folks really do ride these bikes? 

Congrats again - best looking CVO of 2009!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

Good job on the ride report.  I have the same bike that had a ship date of 7/28 but shows hasn't shipped yet.  Dealer said that sometimes he has the bike on the floor before the ship date changes.  When was your ship date?  Also good to know that they didn't have any problems with that color.  I was scared they were going to tell me that it was going to be held up by paint problems.   Your the first one I know of getting one.  Congrats.  I'm like you I'm coming over from a seuc 06 to the road glide.  So going to be different riding but everybody I talk to says won't be dissappointed.  What did you have done at the dealer and add on's at all.  And what exhaust are thinking about?  I'm assuming they didn't change the fairing at all so a klock werks shield wil still fit. I might want to get that on order
Thanks Terry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 21 queries.