Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: How Fast Will YOUR Eagle Fly 120 MPH 4300 RPM  (Read 26674 times)

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
Re: How Fast Will YOUR Eagle Fly 120 MPH 4300 RPM
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 12:19:27 AM »

not even close! haha, BIG STATE

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

we were doin' 120 or so on the Florida Turnpike last Friday near Miami, smooth as can be...that night the gixxer Hotel Concierge told us that 50 over the limit gets you a nasty fine, a free tow, and Polaroid shot, and lots of paperwork...kept it under 85 from then on...I'm still peelin' from the wind burn
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:16 AM »

You pay to ride on the turnpike, you should be able to go as fast as you want..I'm just sayin.
85, thats dangerous! you coulda got runned over down here goin that slow on the TP. 

The new speed laws are in part due to those gixxer crazies...and a great revenue stream for the state...

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »

You pay to ride on the turnpike, you should be able to go as fast as you want..I'm just sayin.
85, thats dangerous! you coulda got runned over down here goin that slow on the TP. 

The new speed laws are in part due to those gixxer crazies...and a great revenue stream for the state...

yeah, the TP was great, especially when drivin' over the congested 95...gonna get a Sunpass next time though, stoppin' every 10 minutes to pay sucked

rasmusmi

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »

we were doin' 120 or so on the Florida Turnpike last Friday near Miami, smooth as can be...that night the gixxer Hotel Concierge told us that 50 over the limit gets you a nasty fine, a free tow, and Polaroid shot, and lots of paperwork...kept it under 85 from then on...I'm still peelin' from the wind burn

Wow, just remember...at any given time, you've got 2 patches of rubber, each about the size of your open hand, between you and the 'hard deck'. :o :'( If you ever have a blow out...vaja con dios, my friend! :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »

Wow, just remember...at any given time, you've got 2 patches of rubber, each about the size of your open hand, between you and the 'hard deck'. :o :'( If you ever have a blow out...vaja con dios, my friend! :coolblue:

Well, one day we all wake up dead! You can walk outside and get run over by a truck too. You set your bike up for this speed, use tires that are made to handle it. Keep your bike in tip top shape for riding these speeds. And make sure you're capable. Then you leave it in the hands of fate my friend! That's how progress is made! By trying things that others won't! But do it smartly of course! Never give up trying things that others think dangerous gang just cause it is! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rasmusmi

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »

Well, one day we all wake up dead! You can walk outside and get run over by a truck too. You set your bike up for this speed, use tires that are made to handle it. Keep your bike in tip top shape for riding these speeds. And make sure you're capable. Then you leave it in the hands of fate my friend! That's how progress is made! By trying things that others won't! But do it smartly of course! Never give up trying things that others think dangerous gang just cause it is! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Very true..but why tempt fate? To each his own..that what makes this sport so much fun! Enjoy! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »

Very true..but why tempt fate? To each his own..that what makes this sport so much fun! Enjoy! :2vrolijk_21:

Couldn't agree more! As long as it's live and let live that is! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

:smash:  Sage words, Hoist.  We all take a risk just by riding.   :2cr_01:  or   :bobby2:  or worse.  I have to take a stand against putting anyone else at risk though.  I don't want to read about any of you in the "rider down" threads Most of us have been there as it is.  I really don't like reading about anyone hurting someone else.   :morningcoffee:  Just my $.02

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »

did I mention no helmet law in Florida? ;)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

And

2nd time

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »

Still breaking my '09 SERG in, but I will test it.
Have you done any mods on you SERG?
The fastest I rode my '01 SERG was 95, and she didn't really like it.

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »

hello;  all ,  i have  had  my  bike to  120 mph  many times even after i  totalled  my  bike  by  hitting a deer..  there are many of those around  here. they are like  bumps in the road .. always  hiting  1 , i just been  looking  for a spot  that i can  get it a little faster without  coming to the curves.. just  for  thought  what  do you think about  this  happeningto  you ,  would  it  so  you down , or  stop you , because the  2 in the car died and  the  bike rider !!!   CHECK THESE PIC'S OUT !!!
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »

Don't know, and don't care.  :nixweiss: I like to get where I'm going and enjoy the scenery and "smell the roses" along the way, not see how fast I can get there.  I'll take the cage if I want to do that.  JMHO

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 02:36:38 PM »

HERES  ANOTHER 1
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.