Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

circuit breaker recall

(1/2) > >>

tony1968:
was delivered today. Main cb will be replaced at no cost.

flysktr:
   There's nothing more exciting than cruising down interstate 10, with your darling bride riding behind you and all of a sudden......silence. ( Well, It was'nt total silence because she was screaming at me about a Greyhound bus coming up our butts like a frieght train.) [smiley=brood.gif]
  This problem persisted for several local trips.  The bike was taken to 2 dealers.  But, all of a sudden problem quit.  No one is sure what they did to fix it [smiley=nixweiss.gif].  My dealership found the negative wire loose on the panel. I trusted the repair job good enough for my wife and I to ride our scoots (She rides a Heritage.) 5,000+ miles out west and thats another story.
 The engine and a total electrical system shutting down stumped 2 dealerships.  It only took Harely what 3 years.........hummmmmm [smiley=thumbsup.gif].  Guess where my bike is going this week.  Straight to my dealership for the recall repairs.  I highly recomend getting this fix done if your bike qualifies.  The risk of being stranded or the high "pucker factor" on the road is not worth the wait.
CHROME SIDE UP AND RIDE SAFE

tony1968:
so i went to the dealer today and I was told we dont have the parts, try back in about a week........

flysktr:
I am taking mine in to dealer on tuesday this week.  I'll let you know what happens. [smiley=deal2.gif]

flysktr:
WOW!
That was almost too easy.
Part was changed and paperwork done in about an hour.  Piece of cake!!!!
[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version