Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

Harley-Davidson Has Recalled the 2000 FLTRSEI

(1/1)

naitram:
i found this on http://www.safetyalerts.com/rcls/category/autosub/h%2Di.htm#harley

Harley-Davidson Has Recalled the 2000 FLTRSEI and Screamin' Eagle
(SafetyAlerts) -  Harley-Davidson Has Recalled the 2000 FLTRSEI and Screamin' Eagle because of a potential for loss of brake fluid.

Number of Units Affected: 782

Manufactured: 09/1999 - 05/2000

Defect Summary:
ON CERTAIN MOTORCYCLES, THE BRAIDED CLUTCH CABLE COULD CONTACT THE REAR BRAKE LINE AND CAUSE THE BRAKE LINE TO ABRADE OVER TIME, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF REAR BRAKE FLUID.

Consequence Summary:
THE LOSS OF REAR BRAKE FLUID COULD CAUSE THE LOSS OF REAR BRAKE FUNCTION, POSSIBLY WITHOUT WARNING AND COULD CAUSE A CRASH.

Corrective Summary:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE BRAIDED CLUTCH CABLE. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT HARLEY-DAVIDSON AT 1-414-342-4680.

JCZ:
Oh, not good.  Thanks for posting this for the SERG owners

skullwrench:
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I don't know why I didn't recieve a recall. I have a 2000 fltrsei and I probabley need to contact a dealer and see what serial numbers are involved. Thanks for the info.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

webjammn:
I received a recall notice about 10 months ago.  Harley allowed the dealers something like 45 minutes in labor to fix the problem, but it took my local dealer 2 or 3 hours due to all the parts that had to be removed to get to the affected components.  

skullwrench:
 :) Thanks for the reply, I didn't get my bike here at Myrtle Beach and I don't know whether or not they would be willing to do anything about it. Did your dealer do the repair for the amount of time HD paid or did they bill you for the extra? I got my bike at Harley-Davidson of Jamestown in Jamestown, Ny. I have some good friends at other dealerships in NC, Ky and W Va. If I have to I can go to thier dealerships and get the repair performed. I wish I knew what serial numbers were effected so I could either get it fixed or know that it is not one that has the problem. I love my bike and wouldn't trade it for the world, that is why I have never changed anything on it except the muffler's and I kept the stock ones. I have owned Harley's all my life and always thought the one I owned at the time was better than the previous, but I have to say this is the first one I have not wanted to tinker with or add anything to and it would be a shame to alter.   [smiley=7.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version