Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: backrest and road pegs extra?  (Read 5080 times)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
backrest and road pegs extra?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »

Gents,  the 1600 bike hasn't been released yet.  The dealer said it should hit his floor in feb. He also said official pricing has not been released either but he expected that should be 23k or less because the primary completion is the wing. The specs for the new 6 cyl has been published several places on the web including the BMW site. Even if it is is 10% less in the real world it would still snap your head.

I did test drive the SE road glide and she was great. It does take a mile or so to get used to the fixed fairing. The new frame and abs are awesome.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: backrest and road pegs extra?
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Gents,  the 1600 bike hasn't been released yet.  The dealer said it should hit his floor in feb. He also said official pricing has not been released either but he expected that should be 23k or less because the primary completion is the wing. The specs for the new 6 cyl has been published several places on the web including the BMW site. Even if it is is 10% less in the real world it would still snap your head.

I did test drive the SE road glide and she was great. It does take a mile or so to get used to the fixed fairing. The new frame and abs are awesome.

A good friend is a BMW cycle dealer in Iowa.  He told me (about a month ago) he thought the K 1600 pricing would be mid to low 20's.  He's pretty excited about this bike.  And this guy lives on his bike.  He's in his 70's - two years ago he did the Isle of Man during the TT.  And he's gone from Iowa to the tip of South America and back.  A real bike guy...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »

200K on a BMW engine wouldn't surprise me Chip, as long as the engine isn't abused/raced.  BMWs have always been known for their longevity and durability.  I loved mine, unfortunately, it wasn't build for a 6'4" rider, more like someone 5'10", so I didn't keep it.

:devil:

Charlie

You and I don't always agree on some things but a bike that will go 200K miles is something we both could like. As Jerry (GRC) has stated many times "If we are so dissatisfied with these new Harley's why do we keep buying them?" All of my bikes except for the 09 are keepers, they are like family and the miles of smiles and memories they have given me are priceless. As I read about the issues on the 11's, the 10's and have personally experienced on my 09 SEUC I have to wonder where the line will be drawn. We as a group on this site typically spend between $5K and $10K+ to tailor our machines to be the ride they should have been to start with. Why should we have to do that? If I want that "Harley Experience" then the 100th Anniversary bike or the other Screamin Eagles more than provide that thrill. What I really want to enjoy is the ride. A bike that I can ride 100 to 200K miles and wear it out by accumulating miles is very appealing. Much more appealing than a bike I spend $35K on, add $10K in upgrades so it can wear me out in 50K miles. I am rapidly approaching the 500,000 mile plateau in my riding experience and hope there will be many more miles in my future. What bike those future miles will be on hasn't been resolved but for those future miles to be as pleasurable as the first 400K were it may not be a Harley. And for me, that's a sad commentary on the product the Motor Company is trying to sell.

SBB   

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »

The K1600GTL is an incredible bike...  You'd be welcome in my neighborhood anytime.....   :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you Scott!
Time will tell.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »

Charlie

You and I don't always agree on some things but a bike that will go 200K miles is something we both could like. As Jerry (GRC) has stated many times "If we are so dissatisfied with these new Harley's why do we keep buying them?" All of my bikes except for the 09 are keepers, they are like family and the miles of smiles and memories they have given me are priceless. As I read about the issues on the 11's, the 10's and have personally experienced on my 09 SEUC I have to wonder where the line will be drawn. We as a group on this site typically spend between $5K and $10K+ to tailor our machines to be the ride they should have been to start with. Why should we have to do that? If I want that "Harley Experience" then the 100th Anniversary bike or the other Screamin Eagles more than provide that thrill. What I really want to enjoy is the ride. A bike that I can ride 100 to 200K miles and wear it out by accumulating miles is very appealing. Much more appealing than a bike I spend $35K on, add $10K in upgrades so it can wear me out in 50K miles. I am rapidly approaching the 500,000 mile plateau in my riding experience and hope there will be many more miles in my future. What bike those future miles will be on hasn't been resolved but for those future miles to be as pleasurable as the first 400K were it may not be a Harley. And for me, that's a sad commentary on the product the Motor Company is trying to sell.

SBB    
You're absolutely right Chip.  I guess there's all a little masochism in all off us that we keep going back to the MoCo.  Call it brand loyalty, aesthetics, sound, or just loving having a Harley, we keep going back, regardless of what they do.  And that's unfortunate, because the MoCo knows that.  Like Jerry said, we should talk with our dollars and not buy from the MoCo, maybe they'd get back with the program, but probably not.  They'd probably rather go bankrupt and close down then admit that they have a serious parts quality issue and are trying to charge us the same (or more) for a motorcycle that actually probably cost them less to build due to to out-sourcing.  I don't know.  I know I'll probably continue to ride Harleys because I enjoy every smile-mile they bring me.  I've owned a Gold Wing, BMW K100LT, and various other non-HD bikes, and none of them give me the personal feeling per mile that the HD's do.  Call me a sucker, but I love my hogs.  I'll fix them if/when they break, and continue to ride.  I'll probably keep the SESG and RUSE for a long time as I finally hit a combination, both in riding, and colors, that I really like.  I just wonder why if BMW, Honda, Victory, and others can put out quality products, why can't the MoCo?   :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »

I just wonder why if BMW, Honda, Victory, and others can put out quality products, why can't the MoCo?

I think the MOCO thinks the only issue they have these days is the economy, not quality issues.
They "believe" when the economy turns around, sales will be off and running. Maybe it will, maybe it
won't. I for one love my 103, BUT would like the new frame, 6 speed, etc. The only reason I have NOT
gotten a new one is reading all the honest comments by people like Chip. Everytime I go into a dealer and
see a new shiny CVO, I remember the quality issues the guys on the board have, and out the door
I go. Maybe IF more people walked away, they would get the picture. Seems that every dealer can
sell every CVO they get! Until that stops, who knows.
  As for the other manufactures, I think they want to WIN customers, so quality is an issue.
The "TAZMUN"

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

here is a list of the stuff I got in a care package that was not on my bike, But the dealer says it comes with.

jiffy stand puck
GPS
ipod
Wibd Deflector
bickrest
Garage Door Opener
CVO premium cotton storage cover
premium King tour-pack luggage and saddlebag liners
gold key tes
leather Dressing
HD soft drying towel
Tool ket
front highway pags.
Premium sound helmet headset set 2pcs 77156-98A
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.