Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kury Floorboard Spacers  (Read 1131 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Kury Floorboard Spacers
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

Just FYI...if you get the Kury "kit" for moving the driver's floorboards out 3/4", part number 7509 (I think) which is supposed to fit the 2011 model...well, the spacers are fine, as are TWO of the four bolts (the rear bolts are fine), but the front bolts are much too long.  Like about 1.5" too long.  You'll need to get two 1.5" 3/8 18 stainless socket head bolts for the front (like the rear).  The oil cooler also is in the way a bit...you'll either need to have extentions for your ratchet long enough to reach the opposite side of the bike, or loosen the bottom of the oil cooler to gain better access to the bolt heads, which are inserted from the inside of the frame.  Not a big deal, but Kury does not say they do not fit the CVO models, and I assume that is the reason for the too long bolts for the front...perhaps the stock RG/UC floorboards are somehow different for the front mount?

At any rate, got them on, and like 'em, just like I liked them on the '06 SEUC...that little bump out makes a huge difference in where my foot rests on the floorboard, keeps my knees off the gas tank, and actually makes the brake peddle and shifter easier to operate, IMO.  As an added bonus, with the long angled hiway peg mounts ( I have to have them for my short legs), it makes a nicer footrest because I can put my heel on the floorboard and the toe of my boot on the highway peg, for a comfortable position for my legs/feet, or if I want to stretch all the way out, put my feet totally on the hiway pegs.  With the heel of my right foot on the board, and the toes on the peg, I can easily pivot my right foot to reach the brake pedal without readjusting my heel position.  Works for me...

I know there are several alternatives to buying the Kury spacers, but none of them have the locater pin for the rear of the floorboard like the Kury's, so I just went with what I knew would work.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.