Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speakers cutting out  (Read 4454 times)

panhead

• Panhead

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO Frosted Ivory & Vintage brown
    • CVO2: 2002 Ultra Classic orange & black
    • CVO3: 1963 Duo Glide all orignal
speakers cutting out
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »

my road glide ultra (2011) speakers cut out at anything over 5 bars on the radio. i-pod didn't work but dealer said a connection was undone. it works now but the speakers don't. any suggestions on what it might be? maybe the amp is bad.

thanks: Panhead

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: speakers cutting out
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

I'll be curious to hear what you find. The other day on the way back from the Grand Canyon my left channel started cutting out intermittently. I switched modes from ipod to cd and still had the same issue. I'll have to get it checked when I get back home. Good luck.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Laconia

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »

As you know the speaker switch controls where the sound is directed, make sure the switch is good - grounded - switch it to the different locations - even if yo do not have the headset in your helmet you can still test holding it in your hand - I had the speakers driving me crazy on one of my Ultra Classics - finally tried the switch it was no good - if it's not the switch they are going to have to check the radio / amp.........
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red

panhead

• Panhead

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO Frosted Ivory & Vintage brown
    • CVO2: 2002 Ultra Classic orange & black
    • CVO3: 1963 Duo Glide all orignal
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »

finally got a call back from my dealer they said it was the radio at first. so they put new radio in still started cutting out. now today they said its the amp it is only a 4 channel amp and i have 6 speakers. added 2 in the lowers that the dealer said was just plug and play. now all they want is $550 plus 2 hours labor to fix it. installing another amp kit for the other 2 speakers. i remember someone else having this problem a while back. does anyone know of a aftermarket amp that will fit and work? pissed off in Illinois!!

Panhead

Bikertaff

Re: speakers cutting
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »

my road glide ultra (2011) speakers cut out at anything over 5 bars on the radio. i-pod didn't work but dealer said a connection was undone. it works now but the speakers don't. any suggestions on what it might be? maybe the amp is bad.

thanks: Panhead
My Road Glige Ultra would not play muisic etc: through speakers, in dealers 2 weeks. Harley fault! from new poor connection between amplifier and radio (under seat)

Laconia

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

Went to Bike Week - Laconia, NH - stopped by the Harley Tent, spoke with an individual from the MoCo, told me they found a fix, went over to Laconia HD, they overnighted the part from Harley - radio has worked without issue since they put it in - MoCo was well aware of the issue, this is suppose to be the last fix it will need. :bananarock:

I know I put the work order in a "safe" spot so I could give you the part number, now if I can only remember where the XXXX :oops: it was, I could give it to you - anyway until I find it they have a part for the fix, Laconia HD did the repair, service advisor was Craig....

They told me it had something to do with the NIM, that this part filtered it.  I will update if the unit does its again - currently I've put 1,600 miles without an issue - longest I've been without an issue
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red

Laconia

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

Found the Part Number :orange:

Part # 83537-11A - 1 NAV Interface Module - $134.99 (if not under warranty)
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red

Mogulbumm

• Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

finally got a call back from my dealer they said it was the radio at first. so they put new radio in still started cutting out. now today they said its the amp it is only a 4 channel amp and i have 6 speakers. added 2 in the lowers that the dealer said was just plug and play. now all they want is $550 plus 2 hours labor to fix it. installing another amp kit for the other 2 speakers. i remember someone else having this problem a while back. does anyone know of a aftermarket amp that will fit and work?

I put in the Hogtunes amp and speakers for my lower fairing. It's a small amp that comes with a bracket to squeeze perfectly inside the fairing with all the other crap we have jammed in there.  I had a hard time finding the right wires to tap, but a wiring diagram helped quite a bit since the actual colors were a PITA to locate in that mess.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red
Fullsac Stage 1 and 2 on Order

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 25 queries.