Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"  (Read 33138 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 04:22:06 PM »

Hey all,

I just went to the NuShield.com website and clicked on "order by part number".  I looked up the NU068A part number and clicked on it, then selected DayVue, and for some reason, I got them for $10.00 a piece.
I have a coupon code from writing their customer service:  NCLP10 (be sure to use caps), which should get you an additional 10% off.  I don't know why I got them for $10 a piece, but I'm not complaining!
I bought 2 shields and the total was $21.34 counting shipping.  I don't know if they've just lowered their prices or what, as I saw in Post #54? where they were charging $18 a piece if I remember correctly.
Don't know what happened, but if you want one, go look now before they up the price!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »

Mine came in today. I installed it over the OEM screen protector. I paid $18 after coupon code last week for 25¢ worth of material. It's a small improvement riding for about 2 hrs in mid afternoon sun shine here in South Florida. Is it worth $18? No. $5 yes.
2015 FLTRUSE

ramdez

• CVO1: CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
    • ScottishHD
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

Just back from a 3500 mile ride around Spain. Riding in temps of 44c and full sun all of the time. My screen washout out only twice in the entire trip. Its a result for me.
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra
Abyss Blue and Crushed Sapphire

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 11:52:03 AM »

Looks like the new update will help with the high contrast color.

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »

And

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »

Here's the fixes

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »

I ordered the NuShield DayVue shield and got it put on this past weekend.  I ordered 2 each of p/n NU308RA, which was their shield for a 6.3" display.  I installed it right on top of the OEM shield that was on the display.  The slightly smaller size of the new shield made it easy to install and will make it easy to remove when the time comes.  You have to look close to see the outline of the NuShield, as it is about a 16th of an inch less in size than the factory version.  I like that.
Anyway, put 110 miles on it in the late afternoon with the sun mostly at my back or side, and I gotta say I really like the difference.  Even driving at night, the screen had a "prettier" look...more constrasty, I guess you could say.  I'm 6' even and had a real problem with the glare, but already am liking the new look I got from the NuShield.
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »

New High contrast update helps but does not fix.

On my 6881 mile trip, there were many times going West in the AM you could not see the screen at all or the glare would blind you.  Same with Heading east in the evening.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

stealth

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »

Help with ordering the NuShield.

You all seem to have it figured out, but I have a problem. I will call NuShield if one of you do not have the answer. There is a 6.5" (NU068A, not RA) and a 6.3"(NU308A). CVORGU has the 6.5T Boom Box, but if I put in that model NuShield says 6.3.

Any of you figure out the right answer?  Thanks in advance.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »

You all seem to have it figured out, but I have a problem. I will call NuShield if one of you do not have the answer. There is a 6.5" (NU068A, not RA) and a 6.3"(NU308A). CVORGU has the 6.5T Boom Box, but if I put in that model NuShield says 6.3.

When I ordered the NU068A, which many of the guys seem to be getting, NuShield came back and said it was the wrong one.  They sent me 2 of the 6.3", and in the end I was kind of glad they did.  I didn't take the OEM protector off the screen, just cleaned it really good before applying the NuShield.  It went on fine with no big bubbles and only a few small ones which were easy to get out.  As far as fit, it was about 1-2 millimeters shorter height and width, which you notice when applying the shield, but after that...I've never noticed the smaller size.  Not once while on the bike.
I figure the smaller size was 1)more forgiving when applying in case you get it slightly out of perfect alignment (and what are the odds of that?!!!), and  2) it will be easier to remove and apply a new one.
If I had to order more shields, I'd buy the 6.3".  Just my 2 cents worth.
Harry

stealth

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »

Great! Thanks for the help.
Duane

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »

Looks like the new update will help with the high contrast color.

I had not seen this before but learned it today and could not find it mentioned here.  With the 1..19.0 and 1.19.1 software updates, you can activate the "high contrast colors" by pressing the info button on the right handle bar for 3-4 seconds.  It may not cure your issue but is an easy assist.  The feature turns off the same way.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RG RON

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »

I just stumbled on this topic and a Love this bike but been having issue's as well. Called dealership and and had to leave a message at service for an apt to adjust headlight and updates on the infotainment system. Waited 1 week, still no call back. Called again and customer service transferred the call back to service, no answer after several mins. Rings back to customer service then the young lady asks if I prfer to leave a message, I refused and informed her why. She says that she will hand carry a note back to service my contact info. Within 5 mins I get a call from service, set up the appt. for the following week, said I could wait on it, no problem. I had to cancel do to extreme storm warnings for our area. I call again yesterday and again get to leave a message, I just gave up. I call another local dealer to possibly set up an appt. but schedule full, to get me in in that week, ok I can understand. I get put on hold a few mins then told how to adjust headlight which I knew how to but not the direction as the owners manual doesn't state, only how to. So I turn many times in both directions and see no movement, then the adjustment starts to get tight so I stop. For the infotainment I'm told to just get on HD's site to download the updates myself. Now I ask the first dealership I would say was my go to place as this bike has been my 5th purchase there and will be my last, then the other dealer I had purchased one bike there and looked at another purchase earlier this year with a trade, couldn't do the deal so went back to the first dealer to do a deal on this current bike, CVO. My thoughts is this, If a person that is a regular customer and has purchased a total of 5 bikes with the last one being a high dollar bike and is dissatisfied then goes to another dealer for above adjustments, services and be instructed that I can do them myself, which I can with over 25 years of mechanical experience, but I ask myself why should I have to do this when the bike is just over a month old. I see this as a dealership has no issues selling a customer a bike but following up on warranty work is a joke it seems. Sorry for the long post/rant, but I would think customer service from the representing dealerships from the manufacture would be important. Told my  wife just this morning on the way home from church that so far I'm not impressed with all this technology and have considered taking a hit and sell this bike and going back to a simpler bike or even go back to metrics, have some thinking to do.  :(

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »

If you have the general manager's or even the owners email address use it to write to them with your issues. I have found that a personal letter usually starts the ball rolling and now that you have a CVO, most managers make an effort to develop personal relationships.

Just a couple hours ago I completed my deal for a red and silver '16 road glide, which is my 4th CVO from the same dealer. Both, the general manager and the owner together, completed the deal in the owners office without a salesman, the bike will be delivered to my home 50 miles from the shop tomorrow for free, and was given a hundred dollar gift card from the owner along with the handshake and a " I appreciate your loyalty and friendship".
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »

CLARIFICATION: Back around May I ordered and installed a DayVue NU068RA which was then considered the solution for the 6.5 Boom! Box screen. The NU068RA fit properly and worked just fine for me. After reading these later posts I contacted NuShield for clarification and came to the conclusion that the NU068RA and the NU068A are the same product made for the 6.5" screen (apparently they dropped the "R" because specifying "DayVue" meant the same thing). Apparently however, the 6.5" size (while correct) was a snug fit and some folks were having difficulty with the installation. NuShield's solution was to specify a slightly smaller 6.3" size (NU308A) of what is essentially the same film. Here's my question to NuShield and their answer:

MY QUESTION TO NUSHIELD: Earlier this year I consulted with you regarding an anti-glare solution for my 2015 Harley-Davidson Road  Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE) Infotainment screen. The solution for the Boom! Box 6.5 Infotainment screen at that time was the DayVue NU068RA (which I ordered) …….now I don’t see that number listed ………only “NU068A” (w/o the “R”)???. Is this a better solution? Now however, using your QUICK ORDER system (for the 2015 Harley-Davidson)  ……..why are you showing a completely different “NU308A” solution for a smaller 6.3” screen?

NUSHIELD REPLIES: We have had some discussion with customers for this application and this has led to a size change to NU308A as they said the NU068A did not fit correctly. Note that the “R” in the naming system means antiReflective DayVue film. This is stated in words in the shopping cart but is coded once it gets to our system.

I now see that NuShield has added a DayVue film for our 2015 speedo and tach and have placed an order :)!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.