Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: You Can't Fix Stupid  (Read 6973 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
You Can't Fix Stupid
« on: January 01, 2016, 06:13:13 PM »

So just when I start thinking our Government--Local, State or Federal-- is starting to be a better job.....This happens:

I go to the tax office to get a new sticker for my scoot and was told they would have to mail me a new tag as the State was going to single stickers with month/year on 1 sticker. I think good idea as it will probably clean the tag up a little..... but wait it's the Government right???
Looky what came in the mail.....figures
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: You Can't Fix Stupid
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »

Try living in CA... Brings "stupid" to a whole new level
Alan

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »

Last year here in Wa. St. a law was passed that make all vehicle sales to be completed with new plates. All plates are to be removed when a vehicle is traded in, and destroyed, evan if the previous owner had just paid for the vehicle to be licensed. The year before this went into effect all you had to do was transfer the title and wait until the expiration date  than re-license it. This has created a great income  for the State, while waisting time, labor and material to generate new plates for every vehicle sale, this includes all trailers. To go along with this is a new law pushed onto us to replace your plates every 5 years as they lose the reflectability to be seen when dark, these new plates are designed to allow for better clarity when being photographed from the passing police cars as they claim it is for locating stolen vehicles.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:25:44 PM »

Thread title says it all.  :-\

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »

Got a love beaurocrats...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:18:42 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

helimd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »

Just a guess here, but I believe the OP added the arrow.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 06:25:52 AM »

You are correct, but why have the block if there is no sticker?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 06:30:15 AM »

I would bet you are early in the changeover process once current inventory of plates are gone a new design will emerge.

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 06:33:08 AM »

I would bet you are early in the changeover process once current inventory of plates are gone a new design will emerge.
Never thought of that!!!!
Just my luck.....usually I get punished for being late, now its for being early??????

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 07:52:51 AM »

nothing a few million dollars wont straighten out, sure hope it doesn't create any new gov't employees.
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 01:24:59 PM »

Here in Wisconsin, you get to keep you MC plate forever! So I have a plate issued in 95, and every 2 years I renew!
This last renewal 2014, sticker comes as usual, but 8 months before renewal, 4/16 I get a new PLATE in the mail.
I get a letter with it stating Wisconsin wants all plates being the same! I get a new plate number, and a sticker!
My question, which makes sense to me, "WHY NOT WAIT 8 MONTHS TILL RENEWAL"????? then issue a new plate????

I guess the statement is always true, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID, no matter what state you live in!!!
The "TAZMUN"

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »

I was thinking you were supposed to put the sticker on... the expiration sticker was already put on? In the photo it looks like it and the paper backing for it are just loosely affixed to the plate with some of that gooey stuff usually found holding junk mail fliers together.

So they put it over the square for the expiration year, the next one they did they put the sticker on the month side...and kept doing that just to mess with everyone.

If they done that at least they got a sense of humor about it.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »

I was thinking you were supposed to put the sticker on... the expiration sticker was already put on? In the photo it looks like it and the paper backing for it are just loosely affixed to the plate with some of that gooey stuff usually found holding junk mail fliers together.

So they put it over the square for the expiration year, the next one they did they put the sticker on the month side...and kept doing that just to mess with everyone.

If they done that at least they got a sense of humor about it.
Bruce, I thought the same! It looked like a peel off!
The "TAZMUN"

barrhill

• barrhil
  • Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 CVO RK gold and copper
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO RGC maple
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO RGC mako shark fade
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

in alberta Canada we been doing this for a long time but the month is large in 3 letters only for the popo the see from a distance
2019 road glide Mako 2012 road glide  in maple , GMR 117,600 gmr cams , fullsac pipes and slipons , S&S crank and oil pump , TTS ,Barnett scorpion , 58mm oval HPI ,DD7   2008 CVO road king in copper with 16 apes ,fullsac baffles, SE tuner

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

Yea guys, the sticker is on the registration card. I just cut it out and laid it on the tag for the pic because it cannot be covered by the tag frame and I wasn't sure where it would hit when mounted. Put the tag in the frame and then place the sticker......just to be on the safe side.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »

Yea guys, the sticker is on the registration card. I just cut it out and laid it on the tag for the pic because it cannot be covered by the tag frame and I wasn't sure where it would hit when mounted. Put the tag in the frame and then place the sticker......just to be on the safe side.
Man oh man 2k, they called you on everything you did for the pic. The arrow, the fake sticker placement. And all I noticed was your new avatar. If I'd known the Clemson win is going to cause you to change format, I woulda rooted against them!  >:(

Cambo

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

Several years ago New Jersey eliminated the yearly sticker and motor vehicle inspections for Motorcycles.
All the old plates that were already printed (we no longer have "prisoner punched plates") have to go before the new ones come out without the block.

The decal location for us was on the side, so it took up a "letter" space. We are currently limited to 5 letters on the small bike plates, and even with the elimination of the decal.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »

Several years ago New Jersey eliminated the yearly sticker and motor vehicle inspections for Motorcycles.
Finally, a couple reasons to move to Jersey!!! Both my bikes need the inspection thingy done. One expired this past May and the other one in November. I guess I'm an outlaw biker until I get that taken care of.  :bananarock:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

I would get a small bar and shield sticker and cover up the states screw up.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »

Finally, a couple reasons to move to Jersey!!! Both my bikes need the inspection thingy done. One expired this past May and the other one in November. I guess I'm an outlaw biker until I get that taken care of.  :bananarock:

There is no valid reason to move to New Jersey  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »

At the risk of asking a stupid question ,,, do your vehicles stay registered with the same no forever or , does the owner of the vehicle have a designated reg no for each vehicle they own ?

In UK vehicle retains the no whoever owns it .
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »

At the risk of asking a stupid question ,,, do your vehicles stay registered with the same no forever or , does the owner of the vehicle have a designated reg no for each vehicle they own ?

When I lived in Texas a few decades ago, the plate stayed with the car when you sold it. Then we moved to Boston and I was totally confused when I sold my car and they wanted me to remove the plate and return it to DPS. So at least until a few years ago Texas and Massa.... (never learned how to properly spell the name of the state of Massatoosets, which is how we pronounce the name of the state of Massatoosets in Texas) were different in that regard. It depends on the state, I guess.  :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

Can only speak for my state (VA)... if I trade in/purchase another vehicle I can have current tags transferred to new vehicle... so I guess in a way the tags stay w/the owner and not the vehicle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 06:22:11 PM »

Can only speak for my state (VA)... if I trade in/purchase another vehicle I can have current tags transferred to new vehicle... so I guess in a way the tags stay w/the owner and not the vehicle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Ditto for Tennessee. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:48 PM »

"New" Jersey - it depends.

Truck, Car, RV, Motorcycle, trailers - registration number plate is new with each owner. But an owner can transfer his existing number plate to a "similar" new vehicle if one desires, otherwise they are turned back over to the Motor Vehicle agency. We really do not own the plate, it is basically on loan.

Number plates only come from a Department of Motor Vehicles office (or online/mail for a courtesy plate)

Boats, watercraft etc are different. Since we don't have plates for boats, we get a registration number that is affixed to the hull. That number stays with the boat for life as long as it stays in New Jersey, regardless of the number of owners.

Except if the boat is "Documented" (USCG documentation of the vessel and all liens).
The documentation number is etched or permanently attached to an inner hull surface and it stays with the boat regardless of owner or State the boat is docked in, and State registration numbers are not needed.

I do find it odd that one can get a number plate made up at a motorcycle event though  :orange:
I had this plate made with my New Jersey registration number several years ago while visiting family in England.

MV 2013

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

Government at it's best..
Bill

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 10:51:10 AM »

I would get a small bar and shield sticker and cover up the states screw up.

Thanks for the idea Jim. Didn't want a Bar & Shield cause they already get enough free advertisement from us, so I hunted a sticker from the #1 College Football team in the country. Couldn't find an Elephant, so I settled for the #2 team!! That's probably a safer choice since I do 90% of my riding in North or South Cackalaky.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 24 queries.