Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Dodge Challenger  (Read 17931 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Dodge Challenger
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »

If you need to ask about that, you can't afford it anyway.

I will gladly accept any and all gas donations.   ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 05:38:41 PM »

I saw the Challenger at the intro show last month in Las Vegas.

Any details I had have already been stated here.

It is a great looking car in person and I imagine the early ones will bring some profit to anyone that doesn't want to keep it.

Not sure if it has been stated above but the 6 speed manual will be offered in the SRT 8 in the 2009 Model Year.

I'm waiting until the initial fury is gone and to get the manual.

IMHO this along with the Mustang have the best execution of a modern rendition of a "pony" car.  Somehow the Camaro didn't make it for me.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »

I saw the Challenger at the intro show last month in Las Vegas.

Any details I had have already been stated here.

It is a great looking car in person and I imagine the early ones will bring some profit to anyone that doesn't want to keep it.

Not sure if it has been stated above but the 6 speed manual will be offered in the SRT 8 in the 2009 Model Year.

I'm waiting until the initial fury is gone and to get the manual.

IMHO this along with the Mustang have the best execution of a modern rendition of a "pony" car.  Somehow the Camaro didn't make it for me.

Like this one Roger?

PS this is what I want....540 HP

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

Like this one Roger?

PS this is what I want....540 HP

:2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »

Here is one for 103tHunDer (and all the rest of the Mopar people)....

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »

The information on post #7 is about all the dealer had to show me today. Above that it said this.

11/29/2007 09:07
Subject:2008MY DODGE CHALLENGER PRICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Date: NOVEMBER 29, 2007

TO: All Dodge Brand Dealers

Subject: 2008MY DODGE CHALLENGER PRICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Today we announce the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Pricing through the Press Release below. This will surely cause excitement in the market place as we begin a Challenger Pre-Sell campaign next week. The Pre-Sell campaign is designed to drive customers into your showroom to help you secure customer sold orders for the first Challengers. Please watch for additional communication coming Monday via Chrysler Mail Management System and Dmail about 2008 Challenger Pricing, Specifications, Allocations, and TOPS opening.

Good Selling!

M.J. Accavitti
Director, Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing Communications

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 07:47:31 PM »

What kind of fuel mileage do you get on that Charger? In town and on highway?

Overall, about 21 mpg.  Never less than 20 mpg since I bought it - per tank.  Do not do much town driving, so figure its around 17-19 mpg town, 22-23 mpg hwy.  Uses mid-grade - 89 octane gas.

Mine is the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with 340 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft.  of torque.  Runs like a scalded dog.   :huepfenjump3:

Geez, you average 21mpg? :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:  I have a 300C (HEMI) that the wife drives.  She does a lot of in town driving with it and mileage is usally NEVER above 15mpg on the computer when I go to fill it up.  I have had it out on the road a few times and it has seen 24.5, but usually, it runs around 21.5.  I do run 87 in it, but doubtful that's the reason.  Maybe the 10% ethanol gas? :nixweiss:

It does run like a beotch, though! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 07:59:26 PM »

Who's all going to buy one of these Challengers. :nixweiss: I'm thinking  group rate. :2vrolijk_21:
Brian I know your a Mopar Man, are you adding one to your collection.  :nixweiss:

No, gonna pass, Dave.  The Viper truck is enough 4-wheeled fun for me (for now).  Besides, wouldn't it be a step down to go from 500HP and a 6-speed to 425HP and an automatic? :nixweiss: I think I know which keys I'd grab when I need to feel some torque on my backside! ;) ;D

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »

Went in to see the dealer today. The only info he had was a type-written page. No pictures. The literature gave a price of $37,995. There were only about three options that could be added to the package. It comes standard with the 22X customer preferred package. The online ad says that pricing starts at $40,095. I don't know why the descrepancy. I asked the dealer if it will have the gas guzzler tax and he said that the literature doesn't show it. The dealership owner had already made his order. He ordered one with every option and in black. He wanted a six speed manual, but that is not available. It only comes as a five speed auto. The dealer said that he may cancel his order if that is a deal breaker. The wife said to order an orange one. So, we did. No options, other than the standard package. The literature says that they will be here in the spring, no definite time frame. The dealer also said that if it came in and we really didn't want it, he'd have no problem selling it. He also said that they have not heard a date for regular production ordering. He also said thet the larger dealers would probably get their orders first, so ours may arrive later. The owners car was ordered at 10:30 local time and ours was ordered at 1:30 local. There were 6,000 numbers difference in our VON numbers. I don't really know what that tells us. I doubt that there were 6,000 SRT8 Challengers sold in that space. Maybe 6,000 total Dodge orders ? Anyway, I'm excited.

Good choice of colors!  A friend and I were talking today and he asked what color would I get if I was getting one.  I said it would be tough not to get the orange and he agreed.  I'm sure they will all look good, but a car like that needs to be bright! :shocked2: :divers009: :sunny:

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »

I put my order in yesterday for the new Challenger. Base sticker of $37,230 plus $675 destination is $37,995. There is $2,100 gas guzzler tax and only three options availible. A tire upgrade for $50, $950 for sunroof and $890 for the MyGIG system w/ Nav. Total $41,895 MSRP. I've only got $2,558 between invoice and MSRP, the factory won't let us make any money, boss says that we'll hold out for sticker on this one. I don't have a deposit on the car yet, so if anybody wants one let me know. Factory says we are only going to get one of this first run of SRT-8's. This one is ordered in black, but that could be changed (if it's done soon enough) if someone the silver or orange. I wanted to order the orange, but my boss doesn't like the loud colors like I do. I'm guessing that it will be April or May before the car arrives.
I heard that the first two cars off of the line will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson in January. I always enjoy watching that, My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts for watching a car auction on TV.  ;D

Hobo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:29:17 AM by Hobo »
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »

Geez, you average 21mpg? :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:  I have a 300C (HEMI) that the wife drives.  She does a lot of in town driving with it and mileage is usally NEVER above 15mpg on the computer when I go to fill it up.  I have had it out on the road a few times and it has seen 24.5, but usually, it runs around 21.5.  I do run 87 in it, but doubtful that's the reason.  Maybe the 10% ethanol gas? :nixweiss:

It does run like a beotch, though! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Its gotta be that ethanol.  Actually, the stuff is lousy as far as gas mileage.  Couldn't be the 87 mph.....  ::)

80-90% of my driving is non town & lots of that is interstate.  I check mileage about once a week but not on the computer - the old fashioned way.  The 8 cyl engine has a gas saving feature:

"The multiple displacement system features fast electronic controls, sophisticated control algorithms, and electronic throttle control, moving from eight cylinders to four in 40 milliseconds (0.04 seconds)."

Never notice that but it improves overall mileage.

I watch Barrett Jackson, too.  Interesting how the old muscle cars are worth a fortune now.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 06:44:35 PM »

No, gonna pass, Dave.  The Viper truck is enough 4-wheeled fun for me (for now).  Besides, wouldn't it be a step down to go from 500HP and a 6-speed to 425HP and an automatic? :nixweiss: I think I know which keys I'd grab when I need to feel some torque on my backside! ;) ;D

I'd like to see a heads up between the two.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »

I was at the Auto Show in Miami a few weeks ago & saw this little 2 door car:

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

I only liked it because it was Harley Orange (like D00d's Pumpkin  :2vrolijk_21:)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

I wonder if it has a 110 in it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.