Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Best Verizon PDA?!!!  (Read 10363 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: Best Verizon PDA?!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »

You can Jailbreak them and use them as phones but you lose the APP Store and much of the functionality :soapbox:

I really dont like the 3g coverage with AT&T but the I-phone up till recently has been far agead of everything available for me. I have been using a cracked/jailbroken I-phone for over a year with no problems using the app store from my phone, I generally use Itunes but find no issues whatsoever except for when you update from Itunes you have to unlock and/or jailbreak the phone again but that is the only issue and its minor considering how long this takes. I can also find apps and downloads from cydia, not to mention being able to ssh into  my phone via wireless, this adds enormous functionality for me. Of course Apple doesn't like this and is going after people like me....thanks Steve. Once it becomes a problem I will go Android.....reo

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »

Howie good luck in your phone search,

I tried the Storm (first version) and didn't like the responce from the touch screen either. Haven't tried the Motorola Droid yet but its on my list. Try the Bold, I did like that phone.

...reo

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2009, 11:41:18 PM »

103 & 2LR............................... :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :vrolijk_4: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

Brian, that Tour phone looked nice, but the buttons and screen are too small. :-\

Thanks reo. I don't see the Bold on Verizon at all, or maybe it's outdated? Same issue as with the Tour too. I can't go the pirate I-phone route. Company phone. All legit. ;)

I was looking to try to get a full screen model. Hopefully I'll like that Droid instead. This chit makes me nuts! :zstupid: :zstupid: :zstupid: :stars: :stars: :stars:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »

Pullout keypad is not bad, again I have large hands and getting more used to it each day. Most problem I have is w/the top row that has the least bit of room to fit fingers. Touch screen I'm getting used to tapping, dragging, and holding on apps/icons to do different things. Never had a BB, I'm coming from a Palm phone.... keep reaching to the top of the phone for a stylus. :D :D

What I've found out about the Droid is there is no manual... you have to learn on the fly which was a little intimidating to begin with. I found a forum today that has helped a lot in figuring stuff. I've never owned an Iphone, but after seeing those that have I think the Droid works similar. One thing I really like is how it interfaces with Gmail... all your contacts, calendar information is streamed to your phone (requires having a gmail email account to set up phone)... it also links to Facebook with your contacts. Any contacts that you have that are on facebook and you have them in your contact list the same way as their facebook account it will pull the picture from facebook as an icon for that contact.

One thing I never liked about the BB's and what had kept me from getting one for a long time was the thumbwheel.. however those that use have them and are used to them swear by them. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks Gary. The pullout has me thinking it might be a lil less finicky than the touch screen. That phone has both, right? How do the 2 keyboards compare? The pullout keyboard has to be easier to use than a touchscreen, no?

I feel good about no manual. The BB didn't have one either, only a Tips guide. But I don't read em anyway! Just get frustrated learning em instead! ::) ;D ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 07:06:58 AM »

Thanks Gary. The pullout has me thinking it might be a lil less finicky than the touch screen. That phone has both, right? How do the 2 keyboards compare? The pullout keyboard has to be easier to use than a touchscreen, no?

I feel good about no manual. The BB didn't have one either, only a Tips guide. But I don't read em anyway! Just get frustrated learning em instead! ::) ;D ;)
It does have both touch screen and keypad.... touchscreen (IMO) is smaller then the keypad so useless for me to use. :( When you visit the Verizon store each salesperson has a demo (at least here they do) that they are using as a company phone and should be able to let you see the difference.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 07:07:44 AM »

I carry a work issued BB Curve and it works very well, my personal phone is touchscreen and i absolutely hate it !

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 08:05:28 AM »

It does have both touch screen and keypad.... touchscreen (IMO) is smaller then the keypad so useless for me to use. :( When you visit the Verizon store each salesperson has a demo (at least here they do) that they are using as a company phone and should be able to let you see the difference.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks. At this store, they said they don't have them operational cause they need to be tied to a Google account. Going there later to re-evaluate! :-\

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »

I carry a work issued BB Curve and it works very well, my personal phone is touchscreen and i absolutely hate it !

Thanks Dave. Guess I'm not the only one who has issues with these new-fangled things!!! :nixweiss:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:49 AM »

Thanks Dave. Guess I'm not the only one who has issues with these new-fangled things!!! :nixweiss:

No you're not Hoist.  I'm not good w/ all this new fangled stuff, but I've really liked the BB Curve.  The thumb wheel is real easy and the little buttons are not as much problem as I thought they'd be.....at least I hit the right one most of the time.  I can see where the touch screen would infuriate me (as you).  YOu might want to give the Curve 8330 a try.  I also got a blue tooth fold out keyboard to use with mine if I need to input data beyond a few keystrokes.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 08:40:02 AM »

Thanks. At this store, they said they don't have them operational cause they need to be tied to a Google account. Going there later to re-evaluate! :-\

That sucks... how are they going to sell them if they can't show 'em. :( Nothing to setting up a gmail account as you and I both know... ain't like it's rocket science. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

ain't like it's rocket science. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You didn't just go there..... :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

You didn't just go there..... :nixweiss:
Can't you just see Howie going in to Verizon later and telling them that when they say they don't want to set up a gmail account? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »

Can't you just see Howie going in to Verizon later and telling them that when they say they don't want to set up a gmail account? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Howie will say something to the effect of.......... FTGMA  ..... Now that is just a guess... :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 08:57:40 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Howie will say something to the effect of.......... FTGMA  ..... Now that is just a guess... :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe!!! That's the least of it! I've had my Google account for years now. So nothing new there. No FTG for me! I've always liked their stuff. It's my default search engine. Love Google maps. Maybe I'll like the phone then. I'm hoping it might be more natural for me to understand it. ;D ;)

Freaky about no manuals though. The Storm's was available online to download, but not with the phone. It's not even available online from Motorola? :nixweiss:

Hoist!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2009, 09:14:01 AM »

HeHe!!! That's the least of it! I've had my Google account for years now. So nothing new there. No FTG for me! I've always liked their stuff. It's my default search engine. Love Google maps. Maybe I'll like the phone then. I'm hoping it might be more natural for me to understand it. ;D ;)

Freaky about no manuals though. The Storm's was available online to download, but not with the phone. It's not even available online from Motorola? :nixweiss:

Hoist!
Not to worry... I found an online forum for these phones. ;) ;D Oh.... and I found them with Google. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.