Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help promote the site with business cards  (Read 27898 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Help promote the site with business cards
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:28:12 PM »

The attached business card was designed by Striker earlier this year.  Business card designs have been available for a couple of years now as a means of helping make others aware that there is a site dedicated to these fabulous motorcycles.  They're great for slipping between the seat and gas tank of all the CVOs you see at rallies you attend and to have on your bike, in your car, or in your wallet for the times you just happen to see a CVO parked out in front of the local dealer, watering hole, etc.

To have a batch printed, right mouse click on the image below and save it to a diskette, CD, memory stick or other media.  Then, take it to your local print shop (Kinko's or PIP, for example).  Typically, they will have various batch sizes and pricing that you an choose from to have as few or as many run as you think you need.

Note these cards contain all necessary disclaimers, an important point to consider when distributing any printed literature having to do with the site.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:13:04 PM by JCZ »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Help promote the site with business cards
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 11:40:01 PM »

Just thought I'd bump this FAQ back up to the top.  With the riding season in full swing now, it seemed like a good time for a reminder about these.  Get some cards printed up, keep 'em on your bike, in the pocket of your favorite riding jacket, and/or in the glove box of you cage and stick them between the seat and the gas tank of every CVO you see! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51:16 PM »

Thanks Brian........I handed a few out, on our cross country trip.  

We were at a hotel in Joplin, Mo. with the rains coming down hard and three riders came in while I was unloading my  saddle bags.  One was on a cherry SEEG and the other was on a yellow SEEG and neither had heard of this site.  Gave them both a card but not sure if they'll get here.  Just thought it was an interesting coincidence with two SEEGs pulling in and three already there.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »

Who is handing out business cards to other CVO owners? 

I've done it for several years. I ran into somebody awhile back that had their username printed (or stamped) on the back.  Thought that was interesting.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »

I recently had this forum business card duplicated in a higher resolution for a better quality print.  They did a great job of duplicating the original card posted above.

I ordered cards on line from Vista Prints on line.  They also have many other items that you can have the card printed on from magnets to pens to t-shirts and coffee mugs and affordable prices.  I ordered a t-shirt and a mug....to check out the quality.  I'll report back next week when I receive the stuff.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »

I ordered the business cards, a t-shirt and a coffee mug from Vistaprint.  They have free shipping for the next 28 days.  http://www.vistaprint.com/category/business-cards.aspx?txi=15626&xnid=TopNav_Business+Cards&xnav=TopNav   You can right click on the photo I posted just above this post, save it to your computer or a thumb drive and take it to your printer or just do it from your home with Vistaprint.

Got the cards yesterday and they turned out great......look just like the original business cards a few years back.  Just tracked the t-shirt and coffee mug and their on the truck for delivery today.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:47:36 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »

The t-shirt is a Fruit of The Loom HD.  I don't believe it's quite as heavy as a Hanes Beefy T.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 06:51:09 AM »

The coffee mug is a decent size and has a large enough loop even for the big fingers

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 07:03:33 AM »

By the way, I did some research trying to locate Striker.  He's the gentlman from Grand Junction, Colorado that designed the original business card for this forum back around 2005.

The word I got is that he sold his printing business there in Grand Junction, Colo. and that they believe he had moved out of the area......hadn't been seen or heard from in years.  I asked the lady "do you know if he's still riding?" and she replied "oh, knowing the charicture he is, I'm sure he's still riding".  I believe he'd be in his mid 70s now and was last active on this forum four months ago.

If anybody knows Striker or how to contact him, I'd just like to get word to him about the Ouray GTG and maybe get to meet the gentleman and put down a few miles with him.  Oh, and thanks again Striker, for bringing this design to this forum.  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »

I recently had this forum business card duplicated in a higher resolution for a better quality print.  They did a great job of duplicating the original card posted above.

I ordered cards on line from Vista Prints on line.  They also have many other items that you can have the card printed on from magnets to pens to t-shirts and coffee mugs and affordable prices.  I ordered a t-shirt and a mug....to check out the quality.  I'll report back next week when I receive the stuff.

For those asking about the business cards for this forum, you can take it from Reply #4 and put it on a CD or thumb drive and take to your local printer.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »

I've been asked a couple of times recently about the business cards for this forum.  You can get the template in Reply #4 above and take to your printer.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 12:43:21 PM »

The attached business card was designed by Striker earlier this year.  Business card designs have been available for a couple of years now as a means of helping make others aware that there is a site dedicated to these fabulous motorcycles.  They're great for slipping between the seat and gas tank of all the CVOs you see at rallies you attend and to have on your bike, in your car, or in your wallet for the times you just happen to see a CVO parked out in front of the local dealer, watering hole, etc.

To have a batch printed, right mouse click on the image below and save it to a diskette, CD, memory stick or other media.  Then, take it to your local print shop (Kinko's or PIP, for example).  Typically, they will have various batch sizes and pricing that you an choose from to have as few or as many run as you think you need.

Note these cards contain all necessary disclaimers, an important point to consider when distributing any printed literature having to do with the site.

In the first post on this thread is the print ready copy of the business card of this forum.  Save it on a thumb drive and take it to your local printer or......save it to you computer and send it to Vista Print to get them printed.

I put one of these on every CVO I see parked, while I've been traveling across the country.  If I see the rider then I talk to them just a bit....explain the differences between this forum and all the other Harley forums (a bit more mature group, we actually ride together often, no fees/dues or pop up advertising, etc. etc.).

If you are enjoying this forum, have gained from it's existence then please help promote it to other CVO owners.......

Thanks in advance!  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.