Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Couterville, Ca....Sultry Summer Shindig  (Read 12184 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Couterville, Ca....Sultry Summer Shindig
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »

On Friday Terrie and I rode down to Eagle's Nest HD where we met up with Don & Carol, for a ride over to Coulterville.

Heading east on Ca. 120 we rode out to Escalon where we headed southeast on Santa Fe. Rd. through Riverbank and on to Riverbank.  We rode east on Patterson Rd. to Oakdale-Waterford Hwy. to Waterford.  From Waterford we rode east on Ca 132 to La Grange.

Stopped along the river for a short break before rolling into La Grange....

Time to roll on down the road to La Grange.  Let's stop and see if Van is there....

The sign says we have arrived.  The La Grange Saloon & Grill have been closed since the Nor Cal CVO group was here last.

and look who we found at the ol' family homestead......Van...in the flesh.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Couterville, Ca....Sultry Summer Shindig
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »

Van rode with us and the four bikes headed for our motel in Coulterville.  The Jefferey Hotel was also reopening for the first time in over a year.

The first time that any of us had stayed at the Gold Country Motel....the rooms weren't bad.  At least they were clean and all had a refer and microwave....what you need for a weekend get away.

Soon it was time to head to the Lumberyard for dinner. A shot of one of the lakes, on our way down the hill....

Van promised to keep it under 100mph.  He did.....I think we only reached 95 mph.  But it was a nice, brisk ride....

In no time at all we arrived at the Lumberyard.  Most of us had the b-b-qued ribeye steak.

We met Roger (rdawg) and his daughter.  They live in the area also.  He had to work on Sat. so they weren't able to join us on Sat.

Heading back to Coulterville I led......and you'll all be happy to know that I kept it under 90......I think 85mph is the highest we got to.

and did somebnody say abandoned buildings? 

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »

Time to call it a day.....

The next morning we all rode down for breakfast.  Van, like a real cowboy, rode back in to town to join us....

he story is that the ride in bike show competition was so stiff that some didn't dare enter the gates :nervous:....

While others were caught workin over time tryin to get one up on the competition....but he missed a spot ;D

and just a lazy day in the park.....

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:57:17 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »

A bit more of this old gold mining town....the hangin tree.

a tribute truck to those lost in Iraq and Afghanistan....

The vines look like they were planted back in 1850 when the hotel was new....

back to the Sultry Summer Shindig....

1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies for the ride in bike show and car show (that never happened this year.....but was a nice car show last year)...

Lovein that orange and black.....I was so sure that Garlock's bike would take 1st.  His wife's bike (spiced rum Street Glide) sits real nice with that 17" on the back. :2vrolijk_21:

a new couple to the forum, Steve & Joanne (24kgoldens) showed up on their CVOs...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »

Sultry Summer Shindig.....wasn't to sultry....

The lady, Brian and I tried talkin Greg into going for a poney ride but Greg was only in agreement if Brian would get on back. :huepfenlol2:

and we found a couple other CVOs hidin in the shadows....couldn't handle the competition..... :nervous:

Then the fairy princess came to town.....dreadlocks and all....

Steve & Joanne (24kgoldens)....

Some of the Fresno CVO group...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »

Not sure who she is but I get a feelin she didn't want her picture taken.....

Ned, the motel owner on the left.  Nice guy......he'd come down and hang out with us for an hour or so each evening.  For the first time, we didn't have to drag the hotel furniture outside.....he has a bench in front of each room.

Carol is demonstrating Don's two legged camp chair....very carefully.....

and the fairy princess again.....

Need some help with the Fresno krew.....somebody tell me who is who in this pic (name and username) so we can all get to know everybody.

More than Russ could handle.....

uh-ooohhhh....Terrie too......

A couple of Coulterville locals....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »

The fairey princess told a couple of stories to the lil' kids.......and the big kids.  The fairey princess' daughter even has dreadlocks....

CVOs on the big yard.....

and we finally met Fast 380 and his wife....

uh-ohhhhh.....Vivian's turn....

I think the pie eating contest got more attention than our bike show....

dreadlocks and all.....

ah-haa....back to the bike show.  Actually, it was fun......with the exception of two or three, it was all CVOs.....friendly competition.  While a number of models were represented, it was the Street Glides that swept the winnings.

3rd place.....was Garlock (Garlock)

2nd place....Mrs. Garlock

and 1st place.........yours truely

Here are all three of the 2010 CVO Street Glides side by side (thanks for suggsting it and making it happen Russ...especially with everything else that was going on!)....

Getting ready to go to dinner.....

Dinner was at Priest Station just at the top of Old Priest Grade.....

Don was still lookin for a little attention....

wanting to help a brother out (and Don being from Oklahoma gets his fare share of good spirited ribbin).....I saw this picture...

I said "look Don.....an Oklahoma gps unit". ???  Don didn't think it was to funny and he wasn't lookin for that kind of attention.

Stepped up on the balcony of this restaurant where a couple gentlemen were already seated at the table with the best view in the house.  But they were already on their feet and the big guy, Duncan Fergusen, said "you can have these three tables together, we'll move over here".

I said "where are you from.....that's not a California accent?"  He replied "Oklahoma!". :zroflmao:  :zroflmao:
Don looked at me like I planted em or something.  We all had a great laugh.....you had to be there.

The view from the deck where we ate dinner.  On the left, Old Priest Grade, very steep and very twisty couple of miles and until they recently repaved it, it was also much narrower.  On the right is the new Priest Grade that can handle trucks and trailers, motorhomes, etc. but not near as steep nor near as twisty.

Our two new friends....Russell on the left (back partially to the camera) and Duncan on the right.  Great guys on one hell of a life journey and ride with another friend and his last ride.  I'll let Duncan log on here and share their story with you.

On another note......they both have multiple motorcycles.  I think Duncan said he has 11 or 12.  Russell is riding this Triumph.  Duncan said that he has one like it that's turbo charged and 200+ hp to the back wheel. :o

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:18:42 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »

Thanks I really enjoyed myself hangin with you guys and relaxing with the gals. Our new fresno friends are great as long as dont call them by the wrong name! Whatever you do dont call anyone brian. Good to see tony again hes always smileing like the cheshire cat.. We found out one the members was a chp AFTER they accused me of speeding- jc trying to get me another ticket. All the seeg owners-she may not be the prettiest but with 65000 miles i rode it flat out all the way home with not a tick,clank,ping or nothin. Quiet and smooth runnin the whole trip :bananarock:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry we had to miss this one, especially since Van actually showed up....Twice  :o

BPumper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG YELLOW
    • CVO2: 2010-5 CRIMSON BLACK #291 ( SOLD)
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »

It was nice finally meeting JC had a great time up in the hills talked alot with Van and Don all you guys are great. I think if everyone's going up there again I'll bring my other bike so I could give JC and everyone else a run for there money in the bike show...........lol .  This time I don't think I got 1 vote haha  Black bike around all that color and chrome kinda doesn't work to good the other 1 is like Vans but with a little more chrome, congrats JC for getting 1st place hope to see everyone soon.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »

I showed up 3 times!!

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »

More than Russ could handle.....

Actually.......that was after I heard who won 1st place!!!!!!!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:38 PM »

Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry we had to miss this one, especially since Van actually showed up....Twice  :o

Nope......three times.......I have pictures taken of Van on Friday, Sat. and Sunday! :2vrolijk_21:    We were shocked too......Terrie said "you better get pictures cause nobody will believe you". :huepfenlol2:

Time to head on back down the hill towards Coulterville....

This road is also very narrow and very steep and I'm leading the pack so it was a bit of a challenge to get these shots on the fly....

On the way back in to Coulterville I saw this little building down a side road with the light hitting it just right.  I led the pack on into Coulterville and then I turned back to catch this shot  (OK Terry, Jock.....this one wasn't an accident, it was intentional....I even told Terrie "I have to go back and get this picture of a building back there before the sun drops any further"....she looked at my like I was speakin a foreign language ;) )....

and more buildings in Coulterville...

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:20:30 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »

Back at the motel.....as many of you know.....turn out to be some of the best times.  Old friends, new friends that quickly become old friends....laid back....

Sunday morning makes three days that Van showed up :huepfenlol2:

We all say our goodbys after breakfast and we all head in different directions....

Don & Carol, Terrie and I talked about it and we decided to take the long way home via two lane back roads rather than highways and freeways.  Hwy. 49 north to Jamestown....

The houseboat on the right is most interesting.  It is two stories (three stories at one part) and has a drive through carport (boatport?) on the right side behind the boat....

Moving on down Hwy. 49 through Sonora...

We blazed right on through Columbia and continued on down Parrott's Ferry Rd...

Soon we arrive in Murphys, Ca. and got lucky enough to find parking in the shade right in front of Murphys Motorcycle Company....

This girl was beggin to go home with us....

We're off to Sheepranch, Ca. on a goat trail with Don & Carol leadin the way....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »

Time for a break here in Sheepranch, Ca. 

Sheepranch....a guy told us it's the last free range sheep in Calif.

This is as close as I dared to get to this ram's head.......just because he had dreadlocks. :P

He was strutten like he'd banged more than a few heads....

a couple lil lambs in the crowd.  They were stickin pretty close to mom...

OK, I've had enough dreadlocks for one weekend....

95F today....

It was a great three days...we enjoyed the company and look forward to the next one.

Several people asked me about Lumberjack Day up in West Point, Ca.......it's Oct. 1. and we will be going up for Sat. night.  There will not be a bike show, but it ought to be a lot of fun and another half hearted excuse for a weekend get away. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 25 queries.