Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Leather Care  (Read 5891 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Leather Care
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »

Hey Ya'll,
    Just got a leather seat and want to get some input on what others are using for "protection", and I don't mean condiments (sp??).  In the past,  I've always used Lexol (yes....another product that's been around since JC was a toddler),  but what are the best leather care products out there today,  or the oldies but goodies still the best???   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Leather Care
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:22:58 PM »

Hey Ya'll,

« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:23:22 PM by twolanerider »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:52:20 PM »

Two,
    I still agree,  some of the best stuff is from an age before we were born.  How do I get some??
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »

Two,

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:46:40 AM »

All, Just don't make the mistake a friend of mine did and OVER treat the leather on your seat. His seat fell apart in about a year and a half. the seams just rotted out
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:10:17 AM »

The cleaning stuff is a newer product.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:49 AM »

IMHO I use EAGLE 1 leather care products. If I run out Lexol is still good but the Eagle 1 is much better. Just about everything I own has leather and it all still looks like new.

Twolane I have used Zymoil polish but never their leather care. I might have to try it as I do respect your opinion.  I know their products are a little salty but if it that good it is worth it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

Matt, this is a product I can only offer anecdotal recommendation for.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »

My understanding is that Zymol was bought by Turltle Wax a number of years ago and that their products have been changed by Corporate. I used their cleaners and waxes until the buyout. I've never used their newer products so can't I speak on the quality if it whatsoever. I've always used the Lexol for leather, but I have also heard good things about the Eagle 1 products. I've just got bitten by the Glare bug due to this site and ordered their Concourse Kit and hope it works as good as everyone says. It's pretty pricy stuff, as are the Zymol products. Glare probably makes leather cleaning/conditioning products as well, but I haven't checked. I'm waiting to see how I like their paint products first. Hoist!

Glare does make an excellent leather care product.  I've been using it on the Ultra since I got the bike and have been happy with the results on both the seat and leather tourpac.  Lexol is also a great product.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »

My understanding is that Zymol was bought by Turltle Wax a number of years ago and that their products have been changed by Corporate. I used their cleaners and waxes until the buyout. I've never used their newer products so can't I speak on the quality if it whatsoever. I've always used the Lexol for leather, but I have also heard good things about the Eagle 1 products. I've just got bitten by the Glare bug due to this site and ordered their Concourse Kit and hope it works as good as everyone says. It's pretty pricy stuff, as are the Zymol products. Glare probably makes leather cleaning/conditioning products as well, but I haven't checked. I'm waiting to see how I like their paint products first. Hoist!

That's interesting to learn.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:38:09 AM by twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »

That's interesting to learn.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 12:42:32 PM »

Don, I'm not sure what's changed with the Zymol product line since TW took over. Back in '89, I started the Big Apple Chapter of the Miata Club Of America(my '90 Miata is my 4 wheel motorcycle). We set up a trip to the Zymol factory which was in Ct. at the time (don't know if it's been relocated). Zymol was a niche product marketed to hi-end car owners (MB, Ferrari, etc) and was definitely a superior product, using the best ingredients. We went thru the complete manufacturing process on the tour and were offered discounted packages at the end. The product was then embraced my the MCA. In the MCA's Miata Magazine, Zymol used to advertise heavily and that's where I found out about the buyout. At that point I wasn't about to shell out that kind of cash for Turtle Wax, so I stopped buying it. It could be the same stuff, but we all know what happens in Corporate Takeovers. I had a hard time believing that TW wasn't just gonna capitalize on the name because it was an expensive product, and leave it unchanged. So that's my take on it, but I don't want to mislead anyone. If the Zymol products are unchanged from their small private days, my apologies to Zymol. As always, Buyer Beware. Hoist!

No problems man.  Just means a little homework is necessary to be sure.  If the Turtle Was takeover was that long ago, however, I'm actually optimistic that product has stayed consistent then.  The "big bottle" usually lasts two or three years so it's been only about that long since I got some.  Would have also gotten some at least a few times since the takeover date you mentioned.  The stuff has always felt, smelled, worked and tasted the same.  Still appreciate the heads up though.  Information is never a bad thing.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:58:20 PM »

No problems man.

cigarmike

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 09:15:33 PM »

This should come with a warning to smell product before application! I got some Eagle One cleaner and Conditioner from a guy from work. As I was applying I couldn't get over how great this stuff smelled, so I lifted the seat to my nose to take a closer whiff....you got it, my 6'3" 250lb football coach neighbor pops his head in my garage and asks me..."Uhmmm John, did I catch you at a bad time"???? ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] So, be

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:35:17 PM »

Never smelled them,  back when I was single,  I licked em every now and then......never smelled them....
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.