Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bullet lens covers  (Read 1268 times)

Navyret 2001

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Bullet lens covers
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:41:11 PM »

Anyone having issues with bullets lens covers staying secure? While washing front of bike I bumped the lens cover and it "popped" off. I tried to snap it back in only to discover one of the plastic prongs was cracked and loose,this is the second time this has happened. I used 3 small drops of super glue on the edge of lens to secure the lens back on. I have dynamic ringz leds installed so not worried with replacing plus the glue is just enough to hold the lens in place. Pisses me off this is the second set of lens to do this. And yes super glue fumes will discolor the edge of lens, picking up new lens Saturday..again

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Bullet lens covers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:04:01 PM »

:-\
Yup,  I had one of my tail light lens fall out on my Street Glide.  Per the Service Manager,  it happens often,  in fact he scrounged two of them for me from the Service bay.....no charge,  so I now have a "spare". :drink:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »

It's been happening since Harley started using those bullet turn signals, thanks to a poor design.  Instead of super glue, I use a tiny thin bead of clear silicone sealant on the top half of each lens.  It holds the lens in place and helps keep water out as well.  Leave the bottom unsealed to allow any water vapor that does get in to escape.  If I need to remove the lens a simple twist peels the sealant loose.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »

You also can buy replacement lens aftermarket. They are about half or less than OE in cost. I am very picky but CHRIS brand satisfies me. They are sold thru Drag Specialties and other suppliers so any dealer can order them, a quality independent probably has them in stock. Come in all colors and styles. You can check them out in the Drag Big Book online if needed.

Navyret 2001

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

Went by dealer today,since I've had issue before they gave one to replace broken and a spare, no charge. They said same thing, bad design and they see at least one broken lens a month. Did do the silicone fix also. Thanks your the response folks!

Navyret 2001

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

Thanks for your response, auto correct went into hillbilly mode

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.