Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: What others are paying  (Read 10855 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: What others are paying
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

In California the doc fee is much lower, has a ceiling of $80. Having worked with the auto industry I can say that they never ever drop the doc. fee. I would assume that if push came to shove they could always discount the bike by the doc fee and then charge you for it on the contract. That would be actually better because the tax would be applied on a lower amount.

At some point we all decide what something is worth to us, one thing I have learned; once you buy don't look back, just enjoy that bike and forget about the details of the purchase. Their is always going to be someone that got a better deal. Prices vary by supply and demand.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

In California the doc fee is much lower, has a ceiling of $80. Having worked with the auto industry I can say that they never ever drop the doc. fee. I would assume that if push came to shove they could always discount the bike by the doc fee and then charge you for it on the contract. That would be actually better because the tax would be applied on a lower amount.

At some point we all decide what something is worth to us, one thing I have learned; once you buy don't look back, just enjoy that bike and forget about the details of the purchase. Their is always going to be someone that got a better deal. Prices vary by supply and demand.

Very well put.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »

Well, I hear a lot of big talk here but I wonder how many can follow through?

I am the original miser and negotiator and I bought my CVO Limited for the $38,999 MSRP plus $435 freight plus $995 handling plus $399 doc fees.  I bartered, cajoled, horse traded and negotiated.  I even walked away from the deal for 24 hours but came right back.  The dealer knew that the bike was sold if I didn't buy it and wasn't going to budge.  It really pissed me off but I wanted the bike.  I lost!

However, I was able to negotiate with the finance lady and got a Rider's Edge course for my wife, the first two services (1000 and 5000 mile) free, a battery charger, two helmet quick releases, a poker chip and 10% off of P&A for the rest of the month.  She thought I was going to finance.  I didn't, ha-ha.  It still pisses me off but I love my bike!  I'd do it again.

-Dick-

I paid msrp. Nothing more. No shipping,prep, doc, etc
1k and 5k service included
20% off all HD genuine parts, accessories and clothing
10% off all non HD

Some dealers are willing to do this and some are not. There are 2 dealers closer to me than the one I use, but they always try for all the extra fees to them with no extras to me included. That is why they have not sold me a bike. But they both sell a lot of bikes. Not everyone can negotiate but with the dealer I use I really don't have to much. And he always gives me top dollar for my trade in, then again I take really good care of my bikes
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »

try to jew me down.
Really...Wow!
You must really be a cool guy...
Alan

serg18

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Orange- Sold
    • CVO2: 13 SERG gold/green- Sold
    • CVO3: 14 Red CVO limited- new ride
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 05:41:41 AM »

Thanks for all the responses.  I left the dealer with what I think is a fair offer, MSRP+TTL, nothing more.  I have a great MC now and just wanted more touring capability for 2.  Thanks again!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »

Really...Wow!
You must really be a cool guy...
:drummer:
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »

Thanks for all the responses.  I left the dealer with what I think is a fair offer, MSRP+TTL, nothing more.  I have a great MC now and just wanted more touring capability for 2.  Thanks again!
You got a great deal but, more importantly, you got a great bike.  Enjoy it and ride safe.
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

serg18

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:17 AM »

Just to be clear, the dealer didnt accept the offer.  He wants MSRP+frieght+prep+docs+TTL.  When i said I have a great MC, I do.  It is the 2013 CVO RG in green and gold. Maybe a 15 is in my future, who knows.  Thanks again for all the responses.

ultrarider123

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »

Good for you to hold out, serg, and yes, you do have a great motorcycle and wonderful color combination.  See, if it was to be, the deal would either have come together as you wanted OR you would have looked beyond price and bought the '14.  Fate has it you keep that great SERG you have....who knows what 2015 will bring so enjoy what ya got, brother.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:12:50 AM by Haird »

Marty811

• SD

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra-Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited-Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Limited-Traded. 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »

I paid MSRP with no additional fees except tax. I have never paid freight or set up on any of my bikes. I told the dealer that I would buy the 7 year extended warranty so he should sharpen his pencil. They also know that I have all my services done at their shop plus any engine work that I need. I'm a good customer.
Traded in my 2009 CVO Ultra with 36K miles for 24K.

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 11:12:52 PM »

My local dealer who I bought my first motorcycle from ten years couldn't understand why I didn't want to pay $2,000 over MSRP. I offered MSRP plus TTL, cash only deal. They balked. Told them to call me if they changed their mind, then I went down the street.

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »

The fact is that the economy is up and these CVOs move and the dealers know that.  They're looking for the best ROI after some lean years and are not going to give anything away.  I don't think that they are greedy as much as they have high overhead and have been living on a thin margin for a few years.
Check around and then make your best deal and then forget about it while you are riding a great new bike.  I'd much rather be riding than counting all the money I could have saved.
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 12:45:29 AM »

The fact is that the economy is up and these CVOs move and the dealers know that.  They're looking for the best ROI after some lean years and are not going to give anything away.  I don't think that they are greedy as much as they have high overhead and have been living on a thin margin for a few years.
Check around and then make your best deal and then forget about it while you are riding a great new bike.  I'd much rather be riding than counting all the money I could have saved.
     -Dick-
Well said!!
Alan

serg18

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »

So i did it!  I traded the RG and bought the red Limited.  I paid MSRP+TTL and the doc fee.  I am pleased with the deal and am getting the bike Want.  Thanks to all for the help!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »

So i did it!  I traded the RG and bought the red Limited.  I paid MSRP+TTL and the doc fee.  I am pleased with the deal and am getting the bike Want.  Thanks to all for the help!

Congratulations!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.