Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: What others are paying  (Read 10852 times)

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
Re: What others are paying
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »

Yes, I do business with the same dealer. I buy the extended warranty, the service package, and nail in the tire replacement coverage. I also prefer to get more on my trade in, that saves some money on the taxes. I want my local dealer to be strong and stay in business by making a profit. I also like being considered a good customer, they treat me with respect and great service.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »

Well, I hear a lot of big talk here but I wonder how many can follow through?...

I learned my lesson with the first HD purchased... since then I have had three dealers (now two since one bought the other) to send my business to.  I tell them off the bat that I have given the same list of what I want to each of the dealers.  Since it is a toy, that I can live without, I have no issues walking away from the deal.  It is not about being a d** but dealing openly and direct.  And so far, after that first sour experience, I think that I have done well.  I also do my homework with the finance and have the bike approved at the lowest rate that I can find.  Since the dealer makes money on the financing I give them the opportunity to match the rate.

I want them to stay in business...but they don't have to royally screw me to do so... this is the 6th HD that we have purchased.  I keep telling my wife that it is the last... but she knows that even if that is my intention, it is not true  :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:13:36 PM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »

Before buying any big ticket item including a new Harley Davidson, doing your homework and being prepared for the negotiations is the best way to gain a dealerships respect. If the dealership values its relationship with their customers beyond the bottom line this attitude will be obvious with every employee you encounter. I have walked out of many dealerships after being the object of BS business practices. I enjoy getting a good deal and I enjoy going to the dealership I bought my bikes from. This is due to mutual respect and the friendly faces of people who work there. This works for me.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »

Before buying any big ticket item including a new Harley Davidson, doing your homework and being prepared for the negotiations is the best way to gain a dealerships respect. If the dealership values its relationship with their customers beyond the bottom line this attitude will be obvious with every employee you encounter. I have walked out of many dealerships after being the object of BS business practices. I enjoy getting a good deal and I enjoy going to the dealership I bought my bikes from. This is due to mutual respect and the friendly faces of people who work there. This works for me.

Doniwin, got my recent HD from the guys at Space Coast HD.  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.