Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: cvo problems  (Read 10051 times)

flibb

• Full CVO Member
cvo problems
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »

Ok I have had my 14  limited for right under 2 months now.  This bike has spent a lot of time in the shop. First after a couple hundred miles the shocks started leaking oil  so both were replaced.  Then an oil leak from the oil pan had to have a new gasket .  cb radio has never worked had to get a new cb module.  I put 1000 miles on it and took it in for service.   Got it back and i felt like the engine was getting really hot.  Now i live in texas and its was over 100 degrees and i felt little heat.  Well took it in today for the cb module told them about the heat.  They agreed its getting to hot  the fly wheel is going bad and I need a new engine.   Ive had it with this bike now.  Oh normal radio problems with it freezing up every once in a while.. Trying to get the dealer to take it back  you think that is unreasonable?  fixing stuff no big deal but come on an engine replacement after 1200 miles not cool.

ps  everything is stock i have done nothing to the engine or exhaust yet.   Plus I've babied it  the whole time.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:49:43 PM by flibb »

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: cvo problems
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »

Lemon law!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

think lemon law says that you bring it in so many times and they can't fix the same problem not multiple problems but i don't know.. This is a good dealer and they will do me right i hope.  this is my 3rd cvo from them and 4th bike.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »

think lemon law says that you bring it in so many times and they can't fix the same problem not multiple problems but i don't know.. This is a good dealer and they will do me right i hope.  this is my 3rd cvo from them and 4th bike.

You are correct..it's multiple visits for the same problem to qualify for Lemon Law

serg18

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Orange- Sold
    • CVO2: 13 SERG gold/green- Sold
    • CVO3: 14 Red CVO limited- new ride
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »

the lemon law is multiple times for the same issue but the other part of the law is 30 days in service for multiple issues.  The number of days may vary by state but should be close.  I had similar issues with an 09 and the dealers hands are tied.  They wouldnt even talk about a "take/ buy back" until I hired a lawyer and 3 day later we all sat down and i had a new bike a week later.  You need to call the MC and request the regional rep to get involved, keep all your work orders and hire a lawyer.  The MC paid for it all, believe me I tried for a month to not get lawyers involved but the MC wouldnt listen to anything else.  Sorry for the frustration and good luck!   

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »

Check your state laws regarding lemon laws. Florida does not cover motorcycles as well as some other states.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »

Since you seem to think the dealership is a "good one", perhaps you should start by sitting down with the dealer and discussing your concerns.  If he truly values you as a customer, he will at least try to make certain his staff is doing everything possible to address your issues so you won't go home and find the same old stuff is still NG.  If the dealership can't fix it, he should call his contacts at H-D and insist on some help ASAP.  And if all else fails, he could always offer to trade you out of the bike.  I've seen that done many times in the car business, with the dealer basically taking the vehicle back for what the customer paid and applying that amount to another new vehicle.  A truly "good" dealer can do a lot of things, if he wants to.  Just don't start out by making him mad; approach him as a good customer seeking his help.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

Doesn't sound like the dealers been the problem  it's a bad bike I'd be asking for the zone rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »

Since you seem to think the dealership is a "good one", perhaps you should start by sitting down with the dealer and discussing your concerns.  If he truly values you as a customer, he will at least try to make certain his staff is doing everything possible to address your issues so you won't go home and find the same old stuff is still NG.  If the dealership can't fix it, he should call his contacts at H-D and insist on some help ASAP.  And if all else fails, he could always offer to trade you out of the bike.  I've seen that done many times in the car business, with the dealer basically taking the vehicle back for what the customer paid and applying that amount to another new vehicle.  A truly "good" dealer can do a lot of things, if he wants to.  Just don't start out by making him mad; approach him as a good customer seeking his help.

Jerry

No not mad at the dealer its not their fault and Im going to go talk to them tomorrow.  Im sure everything will work out.  Just wondering do I let them change the engine and just keep this problem bike?  My problem I'm thinking out loud here but don't you think if they change the engine that the bike may not be worth as much  i don't know .  I know if i was going to buy a bike and I knew the engine was changed i wouldn't buy it.  But Ive dealt with this dealer for 9 years so they know me and hopefully that will be worth something

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »

My other concern is that they just don't have a new cvo sitting there to trade for so i would be out a bike for some time.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

Changing out the complete engine would have zero impact on resale, and if you didn't tell the next owner he wouldn't know anyway.  A new engine would have the same serial number on the case.

Btw, hotroadking has a good point as well.  Contacting H-D Customer Service and getting your complaints on record is a good idea.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »

Changing out the complete engine would have zero impact on resale, and if you didn't tell the next owner he wouldn't know anyway.  A new engine would have the same serial number on the case.

Btw, hotroadking has a good point as well.  Contacting H-D Customer Service and getting your complaints on record is a good idea.

Jerry

thanks I will do that.

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »

Good luck.

I just got my bike back last Sunday, after the SECOND engine rebuild.  The first one was at 19,000 miles and this one was at 54,000 miles. The first was under regular warranty and the second under the E.S.P.   I have one year left on the ESP.   I don't not abuse the bike. I just ride and ride and ride.

Yesterday, a week after getting the bike back, I had a handshake deal on a new NON CVO Limited, with lots of customization. I went home to get a check and arrived back at the dealer a few hours later. The price stayed the same, but they told me I had to give them the bike now rather than in about two weeks when the new one was ready. They offered a free rental.  I called off the deal, as I love riding my CVO and was not mentally ready to had it over on the spot.

06fatdaddy

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »

Call the customer service at the MOCO get this on record asap. Tell the dealer you want a new motor. Its cheaper and less hassle to do a new motor then a buy back for the MOCO, plus if you are set on the color of your bike.
The dealer should give you a rental while your bike is being repaired.
I just went through all this a month ago.
Good luck..

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 10:26:33 AM »

Still trying to figure it out been A week Harley is asking them to do a bunch of tests.  Oh well I'll keep you updated. Oh dealer will buy it back for 6000 dollar loss of course for me .  Lol. Just options

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.