Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 92

Author Topic: Ok ..whats everybody look like?  (Read 281433 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Re: Ok ..whats everybody look like?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »

My first ride on the Sportster immediately after installing the engine guard (can't you tell?) with the beloved Z in the background (wow!  I still miss that car!)...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:57:31 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »

How many miles on the Vrod since bring it home V?

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2006, 09:18:33 PM »

less than 450 at pickup and just over 3000 now!

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2006, 09:28:28 PM »

V,

Glad to see your getting some riding in.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

What's up with the photo's.....I thought you were remaining unveiled until Maggie Valley??? [smiley=confused5.gif]

Fatboy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2006, 09:32:36 PM »

Cool.  So enough to really get a handle on the other question I was wondering about.  What's needed to be changed, altered or adjusted to make it fit you better?  Or was it good right out of the box?

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2006, 10:02:55 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] It fits perfectly right out of the box!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  

It doesn't need lowered.  The reach to the handlebars fit fine.  I would never consider putting on reduced-reach bars or any other kind.  I'm not that tall, but have a long inseam, so at times I wish the forward controls were just a little further out so I could stretch my legs a little more.  I found if I put my heels on the front of the pegs, I can rotate my legs slightly and they'll do as alternate highway pegs.  The headlight leaves a little to be desired for night riding.  After riding behind AK, I realized how bad it was!  I wish I could put that light bar on the V, but that'd look pretty ridiculous, wouldn't it?  After seeing how much damage the crash bar prevented on the Ultra, I told DC I'd almost cosider putting on the V just as a precaution.  

The only thing I've purchased since bringing her home is a chrome bracket that fits behind the headlight to cover the wiring harness since it shows without the stock headlight.  The additions DC made when he purchased it added enough "flair" for me initially.  The best feature is the PC Quickshifter.  I get a thrill everytime I use it and rocket past everything around me.  Oh yea, I ordered the irredescent eagle tag cover which looks bad over the license plate and keeps the plain jane Georgia vanity plate from being so boring!

Here's a side view....

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:45 PM »

V,
 What's up with the photo's.....I thought you were remaining unveiled until Maggie Valley??? [smiley=confused5.gif]
Fatboy

Where you been, Boy???  After a few people figured out which college I worked at from the occupation thread, half the people on this site knew what I looked like!  So, after Hubb made an issue about "just telling it like it is," I posted the link to the photo on the college web site which was about to be removed (and no longer exists, btw)!!  So you missed the "unveiling!"  Sorry, FB!  Hate to disappoint you!  Plus, the expectations were getting a little too high for me to live up to (unless AK can get the name of the plastic surgeon from the AK-ettes)!!!  LOL!!  I really didn't want to watch every one  ::) at MV when I introduced myself!!!!  

But isn't anonymity grand?  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:13:57 PM by TheVgirl »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2006, 10:25:01 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] It fits perfectly right out of the box!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  

That's great news.  Don't think I've ever had one I didn't have to at least adjust the bars on.  I know it's going to be one of this "different strokes for different folks" kind of things; but in that thread that you chased the guy off from I actually kind of liked the look with the front crash bar and auxiliary lights.  Always hard not to like better lighting when you can get it though.  Are you going to add that little sissy bar so that when Mike is riding pillion you don't throw him off so easy  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2006, 10:42:22 PM »

Can I just say this is just so kewl!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Can't wait to give you a real hug, and not virtual.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »

but in that thread that you chased the guy off from I actually kind of liked the look with the front crash bar and auxiliary lights.  Always hard not to like better lighting when you can get it though.  Are you going to add that little sissy bar so that when Mike is riding pillion you don't throw him off so easy  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

I did NOT run that guy off!  I simply said, "An engine guard on a Vrod?  What does that look like?"  I don't sit around and read the parts catalog like Fired00d!  I honestly didn't know it was an option (except aftermarket)!  

Ooops, forgot about the sissy bar.  I bought a base, sissy bar, backrest pad, and luggage rack in BLACK instead of chrome so it'd "flow" with graphics instead of standing out and had Mike install it before I left.  I did help a LITTLE, btw!!!  I didn't want to put it on there, but it was a necessity since I haven't found the store for disposable clothes yet and needed somewhere to attach the T-bag!  

You know those little sponge capsules that kids buy at the dollar store that grow in the water?  I once had a promo t-shirt like that.  I would like to order jeans and tshirts just like that for road trips.  Wet them at night and let them drip dry in the shower, wear them the next day and discard that night and start over again!!!  It would give a new meaning to "packing light!"

BTW, I liked the pics that gomez posted of his bike with the crash bar.  I liked the shape of the other crash bar that he said was only an option on the Nightrod.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2006, 10:57:02 PM »

I'm riding the V in a local ride-in bike show this weekend.  I'll let you know what the "public" thinks!!!

Here's one with the sissy bar and luggage rack...

And I don't think DC is dumb enough to ride with me!!!!  The only time I went out to a local bar here in town, I had to have the police remove a drunk (VERY drunk) guy from the "b!tch seat!"  I was blocked in by a taxi and couldn't leave.  I see him around events because he's a tattoo artist.  When he came out, he pulled his waist-length hair out of the ponytail and said, "I'll be your b!tch" and threw his leg over before I blinked.  I was thankful I had on my SE Jacket and that the cop was standing so close by!!!!  Decided then that all sissy bars should be quick-release!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:02:33 PM by TheVgirl »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 07:59:23 AM »

Fathers Day ride Deals Gap
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 09:37:32 AM »

Uhhh...see below...

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »

but in that [highlight]thread that you chased the guy off [/highlight]from I actually kind of liked the look with the front crash bar and auxiliary lights.  

A mind like a steel trap I say...............let's don't go back there after TC's nice thread...........
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:05:15 AM by Rjob749 »

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »

OK, so this isn't the wife and me but thought I would start with my mom and dad. This was taken sometime in 1940 on their 1938 Knuckle head, 61ci. As my dad calls it, his "machine". They kept it until 1953, about when I came along, and they put 60k miles on it. They loved riding.
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 92

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.