Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary model paint scheme  (Read 3833 times)

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary model paint scheme
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:47:31 AM »

Hi Folks,
Been awhile since I posted here, hope everybody is like Johnny Winter used to say it, "Still Alive And Well"...
Anyways, I dropped into one of the local dealerships in my area today and saw a new 2013 Road Glide Anniversary Model, #78 of 900 , I guess...
Anyways, nice looking bike, but this particular dealer was asking 41K for theirs. One of their salesman was standing there when I was looking at the
price tag dangling off the bars on the thing. I looked at him and said, "What's with the markup?".. He said, "supply and demand", everybody does it.
I said, no they don't. Then I said, "so what's up with YOUR demand?" "I see the bike still sitting here UNSOLD"... Then he gave me a dirty look and walked away.. I hate dealers that try to rip the public off. I would never buy a bike from them after seeing them trying to do that. By the way, I still have my '08 CUSE, and she is running great. In March I added a new stablemate to my garage,  a new '12 Vivid Black Night Rod Special. I didn't know whether I would like the V Rod at first, but on some days she is just what the doctor ordered.  And by the way, I paid less than MSRP for her.  :coolblue: JohnT.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:52:11 AM by JohnT. »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: 2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary model paint scheme
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:16:38 AM »

Good to read that you are alive and well, John!  Durango HD wants $2k over for theirs. Are you in town for a while?

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »

Hi Greg,
I'm in till the 18th of September, then I fly back to the workforce. Hope things are going well for you. Call on me anytime.. JohnT...

Dacuda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Atomic Orange CVO Road Glide Custom 117
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »

El Cajon Harley in San Diego was bought out by "Ride Now Motorsports" and now own 8 Harley Dealers in Arizona, Texas Washington and California. I stopped in at the Sister Dealership Arrowhead in Peoria Arizona and they just got in a CVO Anniversary Ultra and they also marked it up by $5,000. I hope people are smart and avoid paying those inflated prices and the bike sit on the dealers floor. Even though they look nice they will never be worth the money you pay for it, even as a collectable, I have seen this year after year when someone decides to sell at Barrett-Jackson.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »

they also marked it up by $5,000. I hope people are smart and avoid paying those inflated prices and the bike sit on the dealers floor.

It only takes one idiot to buy a marked up bike and that reinforces what the dealer is doing. No worries tho, those bikes will come up for sale a year or two later with low miles and guys like us can pick them up at a bargain.

I try real hard never to be the guy who takes the first bite...

f35074

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #169
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »

I got me one order, just walking in to the dealer asked if they had one coming in?  Well as a matter of fact we do next month!!!  Paying MSRP for it and it is a local small shop, less then 5 miles from the house.  They are going deliver it for me as I will be back in the Stan and put it in the garage for the ole lady and me!!!  Not complaints or issues with my local cats.
William (Tony or Will) Whited
USMC Retired

"Too bad we don't have time to bury those fellas proper like.
To hell with those fellas. Buzzards have to eat, same as worms."

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.