Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 CVO RG Rear Fender Paint Protection  (Read 3223 times)

HomerJ

2013 CVO RG Rear Fender Paint Protection
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:15:24 AM »

I purchased a new seat for my 2013 CVO Road Glide.  It is recommended that I remove the rear fender trim but I want to keep it.  I'm looking for a clear paint protector for the rear fender.  I'm not skilled enough to cut my own and carve out the area where the fender trim sits.  Does anyone know of a pre made kit?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Re: 2013 CVO RG Rear Fender Paint Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »

This looks to be the Mocompart that was stock prior to those fender strips.

60614-09    TAPE protective, rear fender (not illustrated) | PZ   $27.75      

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »

I purchased a new seat for my 2013 CVO Road Glide.  It is recommended that I remove the rear fender trim but I want to keep it.  I'm looking for a clear paint protector for the rear fender.  I'm not skilled enough to cut my own and carve out the area where the fender trim sits.  Does anyone know of a pre made kit?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

You're giving up too easy.  Take some paper throw it over the area and start outlining the shape you need.  Take it off and cut out the openings.  Keep cutting a little more until you get exactly what you want.  Then lay it on the plastic and use it as a template to cut out the plastic.

HomerJ

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »

You're giving up too easy.  Take some paper throw it over the area and start outlining the shape you need.  Take it off and cut out the openings.  Keep cutting a little more until you get exactly what you want.  Then lay it on the plastic and use it as a template to cut out the plastic.

Easy for most people but not for me.  I'm very dyslexic when it comes to anything having to do with spacial relationships or anything artistic.  I even have a difficult time distinguishing the difference between "b" and "d".  I can wrench on my bike with no problem but I can't cut  holes in the plastic.  I"m sure it sounds strange but that's how my brain is wired.

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:22 PM »

I get it - Wasn't trying to be a smartass.  If it's a challenge for you, then that's what it is.  Good luck finding a kit. 

You might also talk to someone at a shop that tints car windows.  A lot of them also install the plastic protection on cars.  For a bike fender it shouldn't cost much...   

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.