Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 2013 CVO road glide  (Read 5779 times)

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
2013 CVO road glide
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:23:35 AM »

HI all
      I'm new to this forum and to CVO ownership i have just traded my 2009 softail deluxe for a 2013 road glide CVO in roman gold emerald green i love the look of these bikes and am getting excited about picking it up this coming Friday but i have been reading the 2012 problem pages and am a little concern that the issues you all are having might start appearing on the 2013. Its tough here in Australia to even get one of these is quite difficult so to get the only one in my State is cool but what if now starts to enter the mind, has any of you got a 2013 and have there been any issues that i should look out for.
              thanks Tele

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Re: 2013 CVO road glide
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:27:11 AM »

Your question comes up a lot, ( just change the year and CVO model), keep in mind that you get to read about EVERY SINGLE DEFECT that every one of us experiences; that can be good, and bad. I have an FLTRXSE and it has been trouble free, (my best so far), can't say the same about my other CVOs. In the end, owning a CVO is like being married to a supermodel, you will feel great every time you see her, or others see you on her ( pun intended), BUT, she has the potential to be a total B&$€#, and may require a lot of attention even when you would rather watch football. If you are ready it can be well worth it this is my seventh ( CVO ) not wife, good luck and welcome to the insanity!
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:08 AM »

I have a 13 CVO Road Glide which has been trouble free.  I get the dreaded wobble when I take my hands off the bars at speeds between 40-45 MPH but that is an easy fix.    Enjoy your new scoot.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »

Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new scoot! Stop by the New Member thread and introduce yourself.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »

:worthless:
 :worthless:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

Welcome aboard the site and congrats on the new SERG.

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »

Your question comes up a lot, ( just change the year and CVO model), keep in mind that you get to read about EVERY SINGLE DEFECT that every one of us experiences; that can be good, and bad. I have an FLTRXSE and it has been trouble free, (my best so far), can't say the same about my other CVOs. In the end, owning a CVO is like being married to a supermodel, you will feel great every time you see her, or others see you on her ( pun intended), BUT, she has the potential to be a total B&$€#, and may require a lot of attention even when you would rather watch football. If you are ready it can be well worth it this is my seventh ( CVO ) not wife, good luck and welcome to the insanity!

I agree with Motor1, if you look for all the bad issues on anything and you can find them. I did the same with my truck and found lots but 50k miles later I have yet to have a problem. :2vrolijk_21:

I only have a few miles on my 2012 FLTRXSE so I can't give much first hand info but a friend has one with 15K of trouble free miles and is happy with it.

Enjoy your new bike, do the regular maintenance and worry about the issues if and when they arise.

Also, welcome from western Wisconsin!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »

wellcome, great collor choice...2500 miles only issue i lost a wheel weight the first day it dinged the rear fender & cracked the paint $#!t happens , its fixed now , and i love it
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »

has any of you got a 2013 and have there been any issues that i should look out for.

Yes! The bike makes me want to ride more often, blow off work, spend more money of mods, ride more aggressively........  ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »

Be careful, very careful.

HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!

:vrolijk_6: :vrolijk_6: :vrolijk_6: :huepfenpinkie: :huepfenpinkie:
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Handymaninny

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'm happiest when I'm riding!!!

• CVO1: 2013 CVO RGC
    • CVO2: 2008 V-rod Anniversary #714
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »

YES  I with Puzzled!!

Yes! The bike makes me want to ride more often, blow off work, spend more money of mods, ride more aggressively........  ;)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »

Congrats on your new ride.., she is a beauty ~ now, stop fretting about everything you've read and just ride.  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Tele

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 05:59:55 AM »

well all
     picked up my new soot cvo road glide roman gold/emerald green and i did get all the extras including a leather back pack but no key oh well whats a gold key when the rest
of the package is this cool. 50 klms this afternoon 500 tomorrow being its Saturday and I can't wait.For those who are thinking about one of these bikes go for it WOW just awesome and to the dude who is obsessed with the pictures they are coming soon   er    or    later.

Tele

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »

Hi all had this scoot now for a couple of weeks and done 780 klm so far, the ride comfort can't be faulted, the braking is superb, the look of the bike is great but the buffeting as i am 6ft3inch is a bit rough even with the 15inch Harley wind splitter screen so any other suggestions for that would be appreciated, also getting a bit of engine rattle, i have had a chat to my dealer who says [suprise suprise thats normal] any way not worried two year warranty so if it gets worse they'll just have to fix it.I am also pleasantly surprised at how comfy the seat is particularly when i have read that quite a few of you have changed yours. Well thats the initial thoughts of the bike I'd like to here some of your thoughts after some time on your bikes.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »

G'Day Tele,

Glad you're enjoying the new bike.  Many of the 110 HD motors seem to have loud top ends.  Many of us use non HD oils which seem to help a bit. (Amsoil, Royal Purple, Red Line, Mobile 1).  I'm not sure what's available to you.  Same for windshields.  I found the Cee Bailey's 14" works for me but I'm 5'11" but there is also Klockwerks, Madstead, Kuryakyn and others, not to mention different HD shields.  Take a look at the SERG (2000-1 and 20229) board for lots of windshield information.   Good luck!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »

I have had major buffeting issues as well. I am 6.3 also but with only 31inch inseam. I went thru about 5 different shields until the Cee Baileys Cglide 16 inch which has finally cured my problem . I hope this helps
Alan

Tele

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 04:44:00 AM »

THanks i'll give it a go

Sharkbiker

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

I have the CVO RG Anniversary edition. I'm also 6'-3" and had the same questions about the windshield since the little Windsplitter that was stock just didn't work for me in January and February.  I bought the Cee Baileys 15" light gray and it worked perfectly but I didn't like the fact it now looked like a police bike.  I went with the 14" dark smoked Cee Baileys and love love love it.  Cool look and it blocks mos of the wind.  Only get a little on top of my forehead. So now after three months and 3,000 miles I've been infected by the HD sickness.  I've been riding Harleys for over 20-years and this is my second CVO.  The 110" motor is a bit of a slug but with great potential.   took it to the best builder/tuner I could find in Florida.  Doc's Performance Tuning.  Installed the D&D Fat Cats 2 into 1 pipe with ghost pipe. Doc sent my heads to T-Man in North Carolina to be flowed and ported.  T-Man increased the size of my intake and exhaust valves. flowed milled the heads by .032.  When Doc got the heads back he couldn't seat the valves so he had to install adjustable push rods and a Cometic head gasket.  He also installed a TTS Master Tuner and tuned up my bike perfectly.  Now when I twist the throttle it really goes.  He kept the SE 255 cams since I was looking for more torque in the "riding range" of 2,000 - 4,750 RPM.  I now have at the rear wheel 124.77 foot pounds of torque and it is really a torque monster.  Even riding two-up I can pass anything without down-shifting. My gas mileage actually when up, not down. If I ride solo, don't get crazy and stay under 80-mph I get around 44-mpg. The other improvements I made were installing the Progressive Suspension Monotube kit for the forks.  What a huge difference.  No more front end diving when I apply the front brakes. Its like riding on rails. I also installed Yaffe mirrors, the floorboard extensions that extend the floorboards 1" out, highway pegs, Magic Lights programmable brake light strobe module and the Fat Baggers Inc. 'FBI" plate holder.I'm having KTS Kustoms 14" Mayhem bars and the ZUMO 665 GPS installed this weekend. I had to take off the heel shifter cuz my size 14's wouldn't fit between the toe and heel shift levers.  Hope you enjoy your new CVO as much as I'm enjoying mine.  Ride safe and best of luck.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »

I'm also 6'3'' and after a few windshields stayed with the Windvest 15. I'll go with a shorty from time to time since I'm gonna get hit with air, I'll take the full hit and deal with it using a full face helmet.
I'll never be happy with the wind issue on this bike, my old road king was nice with a Corbin seat and a stock tall windshield, I didn't feel any wind what's so ever :)
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.