Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to tell if bike has a Fuelpak installed  (Read 1747 times)

dweiss22

• CT

How to tell if bike has a Fuelpak installed
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »

Hey guys new member and owner here (just posted this in the new members section).  But was wondering you any of you can help me determine if the 2014 Breakout I just bought has an aftermarket Fuelpak, SERT, Powercommander etc.  By looking at the service manual it says I need to take the rear wheel off but was wondering if this is really necessary or if I can get to it under the seat some how.

As you can see from my pic. the bike as the V&H Big Radius exhaust but I don't know if the previous owner installed a Fuelpak or something.

Looking forward to your responses.

DW
DW

2014 CVO Breakout

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
Re: How to tell if bike has a Fuelpak installed
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 02:21:20 PM »

Use your smart phone next to the bike, open "settings", then "bluetooth"- Turn the bike on ( no need to start it), run/stop switch in the run position, and if there's a FP3 attached, it should show a VIN-XXXXXX as an option.

Other way is to lift the seat and find the 6 pin CAN Bus connector- and see if there's a Fuel Pack connected to it.

dweiss22

• CT

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 03:10:23 PM »

rigidthumper thank you for the reply.  I did check all of what you said and I got nothing.  I also chatted with V&H and they checked my VIN and it comes down to the fact that they do not have any evidence that a FP3 was married to my bike.  Good to know as I will be buying the FP3 to get the right map with the pipes I have.  My assumption is that the originally owner just added teh pipes and kept the factory may.  That will need to change as we all know.

Thanks again....
DW

2014 CVO Breakout

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »

Many of the tuners are "flash" tuners, the FP3 being one of them.  It need not be left on the bike so there might be no outward indication the bike has been tuned.  Your friendly neighborhood Harley dealer, and perhaps some independents can hook up to your bike and tell if it has a tuned calibration installed or is still stock.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »

It might have been tuned with a Harley tuner, or power vision or TTS and V&H would have no knowledge of that.  If it was tuned, perhaps you can find that tuner and save yourself some money////   trace back the ownership..
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

dweiss22

• CT

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »

Thanks guys for the replies.  I have no way of finding the original owner as I bought from a dealer (non HD) and I did ask during the beginning stages of the purchase if he knew the original owner and came up with nothing.  Not sure if a CarFax actually gives you the contact info. of the previous owner (I would doubt it).  Besides I would want know what is in there that I put in rather than relying on what was done previously.  In the same thought process of changing all the fluids when you purchase a used bike so you have a baseline moving forward.

Here is my lack of knowledge coming through, if I install an FP3 and download a map, wouldn't it overwrite whatever was previously mapped regardless of manufacturer??  Not sure of this detail....

DW
DW

2014 CVO Breakout

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »

It cannot overwrite a TTS map.  Better find out what it has before you spend any money.

dweiss22

• CT

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 07:21:42 AM »

Thanks for all the help and suggestions...  Much appreciated..

DW
DW

2014 CVO Breakout

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.