CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Trying to decide on a motor

<< < (2/5) > >>

Yellow09SERG:

--- Quote from: jagonza1 on May 22, 2018, 11:59:29 AM ---I like the S&S too but unfortunately I am dealing with a dealership I haven't heart any hooror stories about the street tuned 120 like I heard about the 120r

--- End quote ---
If you are paying the bill then I would make the suggestion of walking away from that dealership and finding an indy that deals with S&S. If thats your cost after some kind of deal the dealer is making you I would still find an S&S dealer if big motor is what your after. The 103 would still make a good motor, with the right build.The problem areas are the same with the 103 as the 120, but some aftermarket parts can fix those problems

jagonza1:
We just don't have any good aftermarket guys in New Mexico anymore. There is one who used to do good work but H doesn't care any more and says he won't warenty parts only his work and Everytime something goes wrong he blames the parts not his work.

FlaHeatWave:

--- Quote from: jagonza1 on May 22, 2018, 11:59:29 AM ---I like the S&S too but unfortunately I am dealing with a dealership I haven't heart any hooror stories about the street tuned 120 like I heard about the 120r

--- End quote ---

Many HD Dealers are also S&S Dealers (/ Drag Specialties) Dealers,,, doesn't hurt to ask...

jagonza1:
Thunderbird, Duke city and Santa Fe Harley won't install S&S. They won't even do Jim's motors and they are the builders I think of the SE 120 r and St. That's how crazy they are. And S&S has a better warranty.

FlaHeatWave:
You might call S&S and ask for a recommendation of a dealer closest 2 you,,, could be a ways, but at least you have a starting point...

You could also check with the Harley dealers about pricing on a 103 Stroker crate motor??

I personally know of a couple of horror stories with the 120 St...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version