Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defective Dunlop rear tire for '06 FLSTFSE2  (Read 1140 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Defective Dunlop rear tire for '06 FLSTFSE2
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »

I developed a tiny pin hole in my rear stock tire after 6000 mi, the hole was a tiny pin hole on the tread you could not even see it, thought the tire just lost air so I filled it up and two days later it was flat again, this time I knew there was a problem, so I got the hose out and put her up on the lift and spun the tire as I wet it down, low and behold the smallest pin hole I ever saw  >:( >:(  How the hell did that happen and not leave something in the tire, I'm still pondering this. its really hard to believe that something that small punctured the tire unless there was some kind of defect in the tire. Now I see at least 2 others that have had the same thing happen, chime in if you have the same problem it could help establish the fact that it was a manufacturing defect and give us some ammo   against the MFG. for credit.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:29:40 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Defective Dunlop rear tire for '06 FLSTFSE2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:35:14 AM »

As I stated on the other board, I had the same problem.  There should have been something left in the tire.  But nothing just a hole after 4,000 miles?  There's not much I can do but replace it.  This time with a different tire.

Mine will be hard to prove since I shoved chewed gum, a cloth Band-Aid and a bicycle tire repair kit rubber tube in the hole and inflated it to get me home.  I used an Allen wrench to shove it all in there.  They called me MacGyver.  Before anyone says anything I know that was NOT safe but I did what I needed to, I was about 10 miles from home and it worked.  I called Harley Roadside Assistance and they would not air it up, they wanted to tow it.  I love my paint job too much to let some jackass strap it to a truck.
2006 Autumn Haze FLSTFSE2

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 21 queries.