Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New 2006 cvo purchase  (Read 4355 times)

cvo13

New 2006 cvo purchase
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »

I recently started shopping for a 2006 fatboy cvo; living in Canada the selection was slim. I managed to find an immaculate blue/yellow model that had been imported from Florida. Unfortunately, the dealer selling it seems to have little knowledge of what he has so I’m hoping to get a little advice from the members of this site before I take the plunge. First, the bike has 1 key and no security fobs and the dealer started it with out the key in it which seems odd to me. Any input regarding the security system would be appreciated.

04se103

Re: New 2006 cvo purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »

I recently started shopping for a 2006 fatboy cvo; living in Canada the selection was slim. I managed to find an immaculate blue/yellow model that had been imported from Florida. Unfortunately, the dealer selling it seems to have little knowledge of what he has so I’m hoping to get a little advice from the members of this site before I take the plunge. First, the bike has 1 key and no security fobs and the dealer started it with out the key in it which seems odd to me. Any input regarding the security system would be appreciated.
CVO13 I moved your Thread to the Fatboy Board so that it will get more responce on your question you are asking also Welcome to the site glad you have joined us the New Member Introduction is for Introducing yourself to the site  :2vrolijk_21:

04se103

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

The key does not have to be in the bike to start it if the switch is unlocked not sure about the fobs but if it has the Security System it will have the fobs one of the Fatboy owners should see this and answer that part of the question

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »

Be sure to check out this thread. Awfully nice FB for sale there at a bargain price. Don't personally know the bike or owner but have watched the bike since it appeared here a few years ago because the mods have been so cool.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=49100.0;all

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »

Where are you in Canada 13 ?  I may know of one in the Niagara Falls area (if it's not sold yet)  :nixweiss:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

cvo13

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:06:32 AM »

I'm not that far from Niagara Falls so if it's a blue yellow model and immaculate I would be interested.
Thanks.

ironpeddler

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Candy Cobalt

2005 Screamin' Eagle Fatboy
Vance & Hines Sideshots
PC III tuner
Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather
Extended Reach Forward Controls

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »

laissez les bon temps rouler - from Bourbon St, New Orleans!
                               :drink:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:26:33 AM »

You don't have to have the fob when starting the bike because there is no prox on it.  All the fob does is arm and disarm the system.  With this system you don't have to have the key or fob to start the bike....just remember that when you ride somewhere and park it.....
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

duff59

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

Hi
Did you get your bike? I may know of one in Montreal area that is the same as you are looking for and it has the fob for the alarm

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.