Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I cannot figure out why....  (Read 3866 times)

NETacoma03Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
I cannot figure out why....
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »

People are buying the 07-12 Fatboys when they can pick up a SE 05 or 06 Fatboy for less.  I see 06 SE Fatboys like mine on Ebay for 18s and no bids.  Then I see a regular late model Fatboy purchased at above 18 when ours has all the chromed out trim.

I guess some people just have to have new...

Just curious and venting.

CALICO

• NL

• CVO1: Softail Convertible FLSTSE
    • My motorcycle pages
Re: I cannot figure out why....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

It seems that the used market is not what it once was. I agree that there are several for $17,500. and up on Cycle trader but I also saw CVO Ultras on for around the same price, and they were originally priced higher than a CVO Fatboy. For many looking for a CVO with softail style there is now the CVO Softail Convertible which can be had used for around $20,000. for a 2010 and it's much like a CVO Fatboy but also has bags, fairing and a 110 engine and a 6 speed.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

Also, a new bike loan is much cheaper than used, people like warrantees, much easier to buy from a dealer than a private sale. etc.  It always amazes me.  You see a 2006 FLHX with a price of 16,500 next to a new 2012 for just over $20K.  This accomplishes several things.  First, it makes you think they hold their value, and also you say, wow for 4 grand I get a new one.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »

Also, a new bike loan is much cheaper than used, people like warrantees, much easier to buy from a dealer than a private sale. etc.  It always amazes me.  You see a 2006 FLHX with a price of 16,500 next to a new 2012 for just over $20K.  This accomplishes several things.  First, it makes you think they hold their value, and also you say, wow for 4 grand I get a new one.
When we purchase a new bike we excpect everything to be perfect and go down the track of warranty claims if there are flaws. No cost!
When we purchase a used bike we accept the imperfections and just buy the new bits. Could be costly!

So 4 grand is pocket change compaired to replacing the bits on a used bike.

dont57

• VA

• CVO1: FLHRSE4 (#1253)
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »

Many folks are also looking for the wider rear-end.
T-Man Heads (Doc's Special)
TTS Mastertune, Doc's performance tune
FULLSAC 2" Baffles
Zipper's MaxFlow AC
Andrews 54 CAM, HD SE adj. pushrods/hyd. lifters
Progressive Monotubes & 940 shocks
SMC Smooth Rider Stabilizer
DeadCenter fairing & HD hardbags, Paint by Volanski
Pioneer AVH5200BT/Polk 500W Amp

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

I believe my rear end is as wide as I want it at 51...but I digress... :2vrolijk_21:

I'm with you fellers...as I now own a CVO after MANY HD's, I would purchase the used SEFB before buying the new FB as long as I knew the seller/original owner and how they treated the bike.  Plus in most cases, you can purchase a extended warranty from HD on the used bike depending on mileage/age so win-win there.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.