Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights  (Read 49687 times)

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
Re: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014, 04:07:47 AM »

The Reflector series was to create an "economy" line of the LED headlamps... you will probably see it moving forward for all stock headlamps (the '15 have stock Reflector LED).  The higher end unit is brighter and more "powerful" (for lack of a better term).  I dont think they are making the passing lamps in the reflector series yet (I may be incorrect on this).

If you cant "buy" it in the UK... there is always Ebay!!!

Thanks harleychef. I have found a place in the UK where I can buy online for £515 ($800!). I'm going to see if I can secure a good dealer discount before getting one though as I can't justify it to myself at the moment. Just for info the reflector passing lamps are available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:18 AM »

Bav, give a look at the Silverstar vxe as they have very good reviews. The HD light doesn't get good reviews and don't last. Your bulb should be an H4 or 9003 which is one in the same. Best of luck.
On a side note, I meant to quote your post about the lightbulb. I shouldn't do this on a phone.

Thanks db252. I can only find zXe so assume that's what you meant. They look like a good cheap option so I think I'll give them a try while I save up. I'll post some pics and report on what they are like.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:25:11 AM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2014, 04:41:13 AM »

The Reflector series was to create an "economy" line of the LED headlamps... you will probably see it moving forward for all stock headlamps (the '15 have stock Reflector LED).  The higher end unit is brighter and more "powerful" (for lack of a better term).  I dont think they are making the passing lamps in the reflector series yet (I may be incorrect on this).

If you cant "buy" it in the UK... there is always Ebay!!!

Just spoke to Harley UK, you can not buy anything but the reflector LED in the UK. They also told me that the US version dips differently, so would not be EU compliant, not sure how that works, sounds a bit like bull to me, otherwise there would need to be a another model for the Euro zone who drive on the other side of the road. Probably the glass will not be stamped with the ECE markings. By the way you can now buy reflector side lamps here as well. Having read loads about the difference of both the reflector and the projector, the reflector reviews seem to suggest this light is better for when tight cornering, trying to address the issues others have had with the projector type, although Guess if you have passing lamps they would make up any shortfall, I haven't fitted passing lamps so only have my headlight. Both types have their fans. Will do some more investigating.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2014, 05:05:28 AM »

Just spoke to Harley UK, you can not buy anything but the reflector LED in the UK. They also told me that the US version dips differently, so would not be EU compliant, not sure how that works, sounds a bit like bull to me, otherwise there would need to be a another model for the Euro zone who drive on the other side of the road. Probably the glass will not be stamped with the ECE markings. By the way you can now buy reflector side lamps here as well. Having read loads about the difference of both the reflector and the projector, the reflector reviews seem to suggest this light is better for when tight cornering, trying to address the issues others have had with the projector type, although Guess if you have passing lamps they would make up any shortfall, I haven't fitted passing lamps so only have my headlight. Both types have their fans. Will do some more investigating.

It's annoying that I was able to buy the non reflector type aux lights in this country but not the headlamp to match. Oh well you live and learn its all good fun though

The best thing about it all is this forum as it not only allows me to waffle on about my bike but everyone on it is really helpful and supportive. A happy new year to you all.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:07:21 AM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2014, 08:16:59 AM »

The plot thickens but based on what db252 has said I don't have a choice really. I wish I'd looked into it more before I bought the aux lights

If only the MoCo had made the SERK for all countries with the LED Daymaker this wouldn't have happened!!

Not sure the blame is on HD this time. I think there are some odd regs. on headlights in the UK and Europe.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2014, 10:57:42 AM »

Thanks db252. I can only find zXe so assume that's what you meant. They look like a good cheap option so I think I'll give them a try while I save up. I'll post some pics and report on what they are like.

Bav,
Yes, I did mean that bulb. Also look to see if this LED add on would work for you. This might be the cheapest best option.
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/moto-led-headlight-bulb.html

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2015, 03:50:57 PM »

Bav, there is a 2015 cvo electra glide in HD Beeston (Notts). The pictures show it has Daymaker projector head light, so not sure how they can sell the bike like that if the headlight is not UK compliant. So the plot thickens :) I've just ordered a Daymaker reflector for mine.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »

Hi Rob. Oh yeah, just looked at it online. I can order a projector unit from Chesterfields online site so I think they are obtainable over here. I've ordered an Osram Night Breaker bulb for now just to try it out as it wasn't very expensive. I may order a projector unit later in the year after shopping around for a discount. Let me know what you think of your reflector unit when you have fitted it.

Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:48 PM »

Yes, I was told I could order a Projector from Harley World as well, and also my local dealer quoted me a price. But when they tried to order, it wouldn't give them an order number and came up with "not available in your country". That was when I phoned Harley UK, who said the system would give a price, but not allow the dealers to actually place an order. Harley Jersey told me the same thing and sent me a print out to confirm. In the end, after reading reviews I went for the reflector, so will let you know, what I think

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »

Just found this on eBay. Its a lot cheaper than the H-D one even with international shipping.

Does anyone know if they are any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271414589825?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#vi-ilComp

Dave
Using Tapatalk

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »

Dave,

Seems pretty good and might be a great choice.  I went through the feedback on that vendor in regards to the product and all seemed very positive with only one return that didn't specify why.  They do have a return policy so that's something as most electronics from HD or non-returnable.  Tried to see if there was more local input about them as I live in CA where they are coming from but not so much.  Doesn't mean they aren't a great product.  Let us know.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2015, 12:44:11 PM »

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one. I didn't order via eBay and am glad I didn't. When I went on the vendors website they were offering a special deal of a free wiring harness connector and the headlamp was slightly cheaper than on eBay. If it works out to be a good product then I would have saved over £250 ($380) against the H-D equivalent even with the international postage.

Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »

My HD Daymaker Reflector arrived this morning. Will fit over the weekend. Dave, need to hook up at some point so I can hear how loud your true duals are  :)

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »

Hi Rob, definitely. When the weather gets a bit better and I have put the RK back together we will have to meet up so I can try out my heated grips

Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »

Ha heated grips. I've been using Garbing heated gloves for years, they are tops  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.